Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just relieved at the end of the day 17:09 - Feb 11 with 1981 viewsRyorry

Given the injustices of the away game, it would have been unbearable to have gifted them all 3 points today.

Can't remember ever feeling quite so sickened in one of our games as when going 0-2 down today. Getting two past them for a draw feels like at least a bit of an antidote to the late ones we've conceded & dropped points for this season

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:11 - Feb 11 with 1764 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lol the mentality of some of our fans is unbelievable. Don’t worry though, they’ll be more than happy with their away point and cementing themselves in the top 2.
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:20 - Feb 11 with 1681 viewsChurchman

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:11 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lol the mentality of some of our fans is unbelievable. Don’t worry though, they’ll be more than happy with their away point and cementing themselves in the top 2.

Yes, they will be happy. But I am happy that we didn’t lose to one of the two teams that will be auto promoted. We would have done last year.

The reality is that auto promotion and quite possibly promotion has gone because of our failure to win bread and butter games like last week’s. Points dropped to poorer teams at home, late goals, moaning about fog but not dealing with it, not putting away games where we are well on top and paying for it. That’s where and why we have fallen away.

I’m with Ryorry on this. Today for a number of reasons was ok.

As for the McKenna out rubbish I’m seeing from some, get a grip. ‘We need an experienced manager’. Really? What, like, Cook, Keane, Jewell and Lambert? Maybe Danny Cowley or Neil Harris?

No, I’ll stick with the one we have thanks and keep the faith.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:23]
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 1621 viewsNthQldITFC

That could be a turning point for the season I reckon - it's the opposite of the away game and goes some way to giving us a reset.

Incidentally, my div list has never been so long as it is tonight.

We had a bit of luck with the Davis goal deflection, and we made someone else 'throw away a winning position'. That could change the mindset a bit. We need to consider ourselves part of the pack now, and not part of the top three, and take the pressure of ourselves a bit.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:29]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:28 - Feb 11 with 1571 viewsRyorry

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:20 - Feb 11 by Churchman

Yes, they will be happy. But I am happy that we didn’t lose to one of the two teams that will be auto promoted. We would have done last year.

The reality is that auto promotion and quite possibly promotion has gone because of our failure to win bread and butter games like last week’s. Points dropped to poorer teams at home, late goals, moaning about fog but not dealing with it, not putting away games where we are well on top and paying for it. That’s where and why we have fallen away.

As for the McKenna out rubbish I’m seeing from some, get a grip. ‘We need an experienced manager’. Really? What, like, Cook, Keane, Jewell and Lambert? Maybe Danny Cowley or Neil Harris?

And whichever league we're in come August, KM will have learned a huge amount from this season. Assuming (hoping anyway) he's still here in 6 months time, that should be a massive springboard in our progress next season.

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:29 - Feb 11 with 1558 viewsChurchman

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:24 - Feb 11 by NthQldITFC

That could be a turning point for the season I reckon - it's the opposite of the away game and goes some way to giving us a reset.

Incidentally, my div list has never been so long as it is tonight.

We had a bit of luck with the Davis goal deflection, and we made someone else 'throw away a winning position'. That could change the mindset a bit. We need to consider ourselves part of the pack now, and not part of the top three, and take the pressure of ourselves a bit.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:29]

Agree with all of that
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:34 - Feb 11 with 1515 viewsMcCall

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:28 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

And whichever league we're in come August, KM will have learned a huge amount from this season. Assuming (hoping anyway) he's still here in 6 months time, that should be a massive springboard in our progress next season.

Sorry but if he doesn't get us up this season (that's the brief) he deserves to go. He's spent a stack and I dounr we'll have the same budget next season if we're still in this god awful division.
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:36 - Feb 11 with 1489 viewsTheMoralMajority

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:34 - Feb 11 by McCall

Sorry but if he doesn't get us up this season (that's the brief) he deserves to go. He's spent a stack and I dounr we'll have the same budget next season if we're still in this god awful division.

Absolute nonsense.

I am as disappointed as anyone with the way our season is unraveling, but the fact is we are moving forward season on season since KMac's arrival.

When we stop moving forward, that's the time to have that discussion
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:36]

...but do signatures really work?

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:36 - Feb 11 with 1484 viewsStewart27

Just crawl back into your pathetic little hole which you only come out of to have a moan.
Login to get fewer ads

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 1417 viewsGuthrum

We might not have the same budget, but we will have most of the same team (they were all hired on long contracts).

If we don't go go up, what's the point of having yet another complete reset? Reshuffle the squad. Spend more time getting it to work. Perhaps losing our attacking edge by concentrating on defence.

Madness.

If we don't succeed this time, build on it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:43 - Feb 11 with 1366 viewsChurchman

I disagree. If you take on a young manager who is also a clearly respected coach, unless you go on a catastrophic series of losses, stick with him this season and next. The squad is settled (though there will of course be changes), the coaching staff are settled and hopefully any mistakes will be learned from.

We are stronger than last season. Why jeopardise that for who? A tired old retread? An ‘experienced’ manager that’s failed elsewhere? A Nigel Pearson or an Alex Neil? There’s no guarantee that these people will do any better. We will have a better chance staying with KM in my view.

I’m as disappointed as the next person as to how our season has fallen away but I think it’s important to hold our nerve.
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:48 - Feb 11 with 1303 viewsMcCall

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:43 - Feb 11 by Churchman

I disagree. If you take on a young manager who is also a clearly respected coach, unless you go on a catastrophic series of losses, stick with him this season and next. The squad is settled (though there will of course be changes), the coaching staff are settled and hopefully any mistakes will be learned from.

We are stronger than last season. Why jeopardise that for who? A tired old retread? An ‘experienced’ manager that’s failed elsewhere? A Nigel Pearson or an Alex Neil? There’s no guarantee that these people will do any better. We will have a better chance staying with KM in my view.

I’m as disappointed as the next person as to how our season has fallen away but I think it’s important to hold our nerve.

Mate, I'm not advocating getting rid this season, he deserves a chance to put it right, albeit I'm not convinced he will. If you have the best budget.in the division by a country mile, you have to deliver and I'm pretty certain the board will act in the summer if he fails.
Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:51 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsVic

At 2 nil down and totally under the mosh I felt like everything we’d hoped for was slipping away.

The turnaround has lifted my spirits a bit. Pleased that the manager showed guile to make the right calls and the 2nd half showed that if we can get it right we really are as good as the best in this league. Patience is the name of the game - I think KM will get us up this season or next and we’ll quickly be a force in the Championship.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 1260 viewsGuthrum

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:48 - Feb 11 by McCall

Mate, I'm not advocating getting rid this season, he deserves a chance to put it right, albeit I'm not convinced he will. If you have the best budget.in the division by a country mile, you have to deliver and I'm pretty certain the board will act in the summer if he fails.

I disagree. If you've spent a lot of money and things have improved, you don't throw all that away and pay out a whole lot more to start again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 1260 viewsRyorry

You do realise that before today, the Owls hadn't conceded a single goal in their previous 5 (league*) games, ie since Boxing Day, don't you?

*edit
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:55]

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:58 - Feb 11 with 1221 viewsVic

Yes, promo this season is the target - but I’ve not seen or heard anything yet that suggests that a massive points and finish position improvement, but not promotion will necessarily see the manager replaced. Get the the playoffs and I’m sure he’ll get at least part of next season to show he’s worth sticking with.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:00 - Feb 11 with 1193 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just relieved at the end of the day on 17:20 - Feb 11 by Churchman

I’m actually fine with reasoned discussion and difference of opinion. I’m Ipswich through and through and like all of us just want to win!

But we SHOULD be challenging for automatic promotion! That’s the bit I hate, the I’m ok that we didn’t lose to a team that will clearly go up. Win today and we could have got ourselves back in. We were right there and should still be in the mix. You might think that sounds entitled but with the money spent, the crowds we generate and the position we put ourselves in this has been a disaster of a two months. When did it all change, that those two teams are apparently a class above us?

You mention the other games and dropping points and while I don’t disagree, it should also be noted we have not beaten Plymouth or Wednesday in four games.

The inability to hold our nerve in big moment might not bode well for May if we make it. So that concerns me as well.

For what it’s worth I would 100% give KM at least next season whatever happens.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:05]
Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:08 - Feb 11 with 1113 viewsRyorry

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:00 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m actually fine with reasoned discussion and difference of opinion. I’m Ipswich through and through and like all of us just want to win!

But we SHOULD be challenging for automatic promotion! That’s the bit I hate, the I’m ok that we didn’t lose to a team that will clearly go up. Win today and we could have got ourselves back in. We were right there and should still be in the mix. You might think that sounds entitled but with the money spent, the crowds we generate and the position we put ourselves in this has been a disaster of a two months. When did it all change, that those two teams are apparently a class above us?

You mention the other games and dropping points and while I don’t disagree, it should also be noted we have not beaten Plymouth or Wednesday in four games.

The inability to hold our nerve in big moment might not bode well for May if we make it. So that concerns me as well.

"But we SHOULD be challenging for automatic promotion!"

We ARE! We're in 3rd place, 6 pts off automatic, with 16 games of the season still to go. Like I said, I suggest you get some perspective.

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:10 - Feb 11 with 1100 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:08 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

We ARE! We're in 3rd place, 6 pts off automatic, with 16 games of the season still to go. Like I said, I suggest you get some perspective.

You’re hard work mate!
Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:12 - Feb 11 with 1080 viewsRyorry

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:10 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You’re hard work mate!

Not as much as you, mate!

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:13 - Feb 11 with 1063 viewspointofblue

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:08 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

Weren't we something like 13 points ahead of Derby at Christmas, and top of the table? We may be third, we may be six points off second but we're also going backwards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:15 - Feb 11 with 1047 viewsChurchman

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:00 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

In four games we’ve lost to Plymouth - narrowly. We’ve matched them. When was the last time we matched / competed with anyone at the top of a division, including this rubbish league? Years ago.

We actually held our nerve today and fought back. Maybe that’s a good sign.

I thought we might run away with this division with the money/squad we have. I’m disappointed we haven’t. The top teams beat mediocre, even the better teams, week in week out mostly with ease. We haven’t and have a tendency to cave in under any pressure. That’s the bit KM needs to work out.

We are where we are and strangely, coming back today has given me more hope than I’ve had in a long while about this team.

The club is getting stronger and we are basically a good side. If or more likely when we escape this league, I’ve a feeling we will do well in the Championship. I felt that even before the Burnley games because of the way KM is trying to get the team to play and the kind of players he is bringing in.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:17]
Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:22 - Feb 11 with 987 viewsRyorry

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:13 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

Weren't we something like 13 points ahead of Derby at Christmas, and top of the table? We may be third, we may be six points off second but we're also going backwards.

Can't remember who posted the thread, but when I read the one about the PR pitch having deteriorated badly over winter & being nothing like the training pitches, I thought there might be something in that.
Clearly injuries to key players, & the demoralising, confidence-knocking effect of the late goals conceded at Charlton have played a part too, to which you can add the usual blip most sides experience in a season.

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:24 - Feb 11 with 965 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:15 - Feb 11 by Churchman

In four games we’ve lost to Plymouth - narrowly. We’ve matched them. When was the last time we matched / competed with anyone at the top of a division, including this rubbish league? Years ago.

We actually held our nerve today and fought back. Maybe that’s a good sign.

I thought we might run away with this division with the money/squad we have. I’m disappointed we haven’t. The top teams beat mediocre, even the better teams, week in week out mostly with ease. We haven’t and have a tendency to cave in under any pressure. That’s the bit KM needs to work out.

We are where we are and strangely, coming back today has given me more hope than I’ve had in a long while about this team.

The club is getting stronger and we are basically a good side. If or more likely when we escape this league, I’ve a feeling we will do well in the Championship. I felt that even before the Burnley games because of the way KM is trying to get the team to play and the kind of players he is bringing in.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:17]

There’s a lot of narrowly, nearly and matched in there. Don’t equate the past to the present, as I said in another thread that’s also a problematic way of thinking. People seem to do that with Southgate as well.

We have a bigger budget than a lot of championship sides never mind Plymouth. This year was huge for the club and you know that. Failing out of automatic race is very disheartening.
Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:26 - Feb 11 with 943 viewspointofblue

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:22 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

Can't remember who posted the thread, but when I read the one about the PR pitch having deteriorated badly over winter & being nothing like the training pitches, I thought there might be something in that.
Clearly injuries to key players, & the demoralising, confidence-knocking effect of the late goals conceded at Charlton have played a part too, to which you can add the usual blip most sides experience in a season.

Have to admit, when I got there today the first thing I noticed was the state of the pitch. The sooner that's replaced the better.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:28 - Feb 11 with 921 viewsMcCall

Just relieved at the end of the day on 18:13 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

Absolutely this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024