Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! 17:39 - Feb 11 with 1971 viewsArnieM

First half especially ( mostly)

Defence : Not good enough
Woolfie can’t header a ball to save his life. Doesn’t dominate/ control / manage his opponent yet again! He’s not a CB. I don’t know what he is, but he’s not good enough in the centre of that box. Not is Edmundson . Burgess best of the lot , but isn’t brilliant.

Sorry but I still maintain We need decent CB’s who have a physical nature . We’re too soft right across that bank four / three.

Attack:

powder puff. Don’t impose themselves on their markers . Don’t get in to the box,
We don’t get crosses into the box SOON enough… from the big live ( where no one can be offside)

Midfield :
Take Morsey out of there for drive, physical presence, decision making, and we have absolutely nothing.
Injuries in that area has hit us hard in MF.

We are outmuscled in just about every have.

We conceded goals at the drop of a hat from f lucking dire defending yet again.

We squander our own chances yet again. Absolutely shyte penalty . Hit the bloody corners ffs don’t kick straight at a very moderate GK today imo .

Is all lost? 1st slot definitely. 2nd probably . Primarily because we can’t win games.

SWFC we’re NOTHING SPECIAL !! They were physical like do
Many tram are against us , and we can’t cope .

Psychology:

We are mentally weak throughout the whole team, and we always have been as a club.
Ffs ITFC sort that out!!!

Thoroughly kissed off we this POWDER PUFF performance yet again.
Grow some f u c k I n g balls!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:43 - Feb 11 with 1902 viewsBarcaBlue

Did you stop watching at half time?
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:45 - Feb 11 with 1863 viewsbilllm

Good second half was ours, wolf and Walton woeful first half
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:46 - Feb 11 with 1848 viewsFrimleyBlue

I personally think there just a lot of confusion first half

Clarke went forward like he did V Morcambe, but he left Wolfy exposed.
Sometimes we attacked leaving 2 v 2 at the back which isn't clever
Morsy and Humphreys didn't appear to know what the other was doing, they kept moving in the same areas. Morsy was far to safe for me, kept doing safe 5 yard passes when Davis and Burns had diags on.
Hirst... im not quite sure what KM has seen in him to be so keen to sign him, not when the likes of Bonne were cheap options, It might just be me and my personal view, but I just don't see what he offers us.

But 2nd half, we looked more organised, Clarke timed his runs, Humphreys moved away from Morsy and it gave us more options in midfield. Morsy started spraying the ball further and more direct.

It wasn't the worst performance, just looked really confusing in the first half.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:48 - Feb 11 with 1802 viewspointofblue

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:46 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Morsy and Humphreys didn't appear to know what the other was doing, they kept moving in the same areas. Morsy was far to safe for me, kept doing safe 5 yard passes when Davis and Burns had diags on.
Hirst... im not quite sure what KM has seen in him to be so keen to sign him, not when the likes of Bonne were cheap options, It might just be me and my personal view, but I just don't see what he offers us.

But 2nd half, we looked more organised, Clarke timed his runs, Humphreys moved away from Morsy and it gave us more options in midfield. Morsy started spraying the ball further and more direct.

It wasn't the worst performance, just looked really confusing in the first half.

Agreed. Have no idea what we were playing in the first half. Was it 2-4-3-1? The goal was vital and second half we seemed to have some structure which helped everyone out.

I thought Hirst did well today and our attacking play suffered when Ladapo came on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 1760 viewsStewart27

Please tell me you write this at half time but didn’t press the send button.

If you’ve written that afterwards then god help you. You know absolutely nothing about football.
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 18:33 - Feb 11 with 1622 viewsBloomBlue

Agreed.
Both their goals came from crosses in our RB position, first caused by Clarke being asleep which meant Wolf had to start moving in that direction, although great cross and header.
Morsy I thought in the first 25-30 mins looked off the pace.
Making it 1-2 before halftime was the critical moment, go in 2-0, probably to some/lots of booing and 2nd half is different.
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 18:45 - Feb 11 with 1555 viewsNeedhamChris

Yeah, this is a sensible take I think. Agree with most of that.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 18:52 - Feb 11 with 1478 viewsWonTheCupin78

Get what you are saying, but we showed a lot of spirit in the second half. Fight like that and we just might make promotion through the play-offs. We've been weak psychologically in many games this season but don't feel that is a fair comment for this one.

Plymouth and Wednesday will both now expect a good run given their fixture list ahead. Never know, complacency could cause them an issue. Hoping more than expecting that to happen.
Login to get fewer ads

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 18:57 - Feb 11 with 1415 viewsJDB23

Their first goal wasn’t dire defending but it is a goal we would never score ourselves. We don’t play that way or recruit that profile of player but that is the type of goal that promotion from this league is built on. Second goal was very poor though, far too weak.
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:05 - Feb 11 with 1341 viewsArnieM

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:43 - Feb 11 by BarcaBlue

Did you stop watching at half time?

Did you actually read my post? I said “ first half especially, ( mostly)”.

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:07 - Feb 11 with 1310 viewsArnieM

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:52 - Feb 11 by Stewart27

Please tell me you write this at half time but didn’t press the send button.

If you’ve written that afterwards then god help you. You know absolutely nothing about football.

And I’ll say it again, just for you …. I SAID… “ especially first half,( mostly)”!

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:11 - Feb 11 with 1291 viewsnodge_blue

Wolf is so frustrating. He is decent on the ball but too often fails to just do the basics right. I think a new cb in the summer has to be on the list. Assuming we can ship some players out.

I thought attack was less powder puff with Hirst. Though he did compete better in the air than ladapo and also ran behind the line pretty well.

Midfield was ok. its not like we lost a midfield battle. Humphries was also very positive in possession and did a lot very well.

We had a shocking 10 minutes today. We seem to concede way too easily. But we were far from being outmuscled all over the pitch.

Sheff W were pretty average I thought. Plymouth look better to me.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 1257 viewsbrushhand

absolute rubbish, did you leave after they scored their second.
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:21 - Feb 11 with 1229 viewspointofblue

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:11 - Feb 11 by nodge_blue

Wolf is so frustrating. He is decent on the ball but too often fails to just do the basics right. I think a new cb in the summer has to be on the list. Assuming we can ship some players out.

I thought attack was less powder puff with Hirst. Though he did compete better in the air than ladapo and also ran behind the line pretty well.

Midfield was ok. its not like we lost a midfield battle. Humphries was also very positive in possession and did a lot very well.

We had a shocking 10 minutes today. We seem to concede way too easily. But we were far from being outmuscled all over the pitch.

Woolfenden can be excellent or woeful. Today he was both; thought second half he did a brilliant job and basically marked Smith out of the game. First half he was a mess but was not helped tactically. Who was supposed to drop back to support the centre backs when Clarke bombed forward? I thought it should have been the other full back but Davis seemed to be going forward at the same time.

Do wonder if we’ll sell him or Edmundson and move Keogh into a coaching role, bringing in two new centre backs.

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:24 - Feb 11 with 1218 viewsArnieM

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:11 - Feb 11 by nodge_blue

Agree with a lot of what you’ve written .

Sheffield really are “ ordinary”. But what they also are is a typical string, physical no nonsense league one side. They knocked us off the ball almost 99% of the FIRST HALF( for those that appear to miss this before!).

But overall we are very poor at dealing with physical teams. The big occasion games ( mentally pathetic at times).

Woolfie conundrum:

What is he?
Defender? No where near good enough in my view . He’s outmuscled . Doesn’t win aerial battles. Can’t header the ball ( except straight up in the air or 10 foot away from where he’s standing . He doesn’t CLEAR the danger.
Midfielder ? Not enough to his game for that .
Yes he had nice little dink pass ability , but come on , that’s nowhere near enough attributes.

Other defenders:
Burgess had s bit more about him but hardly a colossus.
Edmundson: a mistake ( like Woolfie), always waiting to happen.

None of them are good enough . And Ashton / McK simply didn’t deal with this glaring weakness.

We can’t defend a winning position. We can’t defend a 0-0 . We can’t see games out . It’s going to cost us .

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 1162 viewspointofblue

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:24 - Feb 11 by ArnieM

Sheffield really are “ ordinary”. But what they also are is a typical string, physical no nonsense league one side. They knocked us off the ball almost 99% of the FIRST HALF( for those that appear to miss this before!).

But overall we are very poor at dealing with physical teams. The big occasion games ( mentally pathetic at times).

Woolfie conundrum:

What is he?
Defender? No where near good enough in my view . He’s outmuscled . Doesn’t win aerial battles. Can’t header the ball ( except straight up in the air or 10 foot away from where he’s standing . He doesn’t CLEAR the danger.
Yes he had nice little dink pass ability , but come on , that’s nowhere near enough attributes.

Other defenders:

None of them are good enough . And Ashton / McK simply didn’t deal with this glaring weakness.

We can’t defend a winning position. We can’t defend a 0-0 . We can’t see games out . It’s going to cost us .

But we used to be able to do. Woolfenden was probably our best defender after McKenna came in, up to the Charlton game this season. So what’s changed? Confidence, mentality, the approach leaving the defence as a whole exposed?

The defence was fine from the moment McKenna came in until Charlton. Since then, it’s looked shaky. If it was personnel we would never have looked settled. It’s set up. It’s style. Today our defence comprised of two centre backs for the majority of the first half, and then we blame the centre backs instead of asking why they were left short so often.

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 20:21 - Feb 11 with 1056 viewsRIPbobby

We had so much space today. A certain Mr Lee Evans would have had a field day. Wolfy is often set up as our play maker when CM don't show short for a pass. We need to cut him some slack. He has played all his time as a defender who is one on one with a forward, but we don't play like that anymore. Centre halves have to be ball players now and he struggles sometimes.

I'm glad we picked ourselves up a bit the last 10 of the first half. It was almost like we realised that we have to put in the effort to win. Big problem of ours is turning up expecting to win with little effort.
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 06:52 - Feb 12 with 819 viewsBobsthename

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:24 - Feb 11 by ArnieM

Woolfie conundrum:

What is he?

Other defenders:

I said it in january we needed a centre half loan or buy but was told by many posters on here no we don’t we are good enough with what we have.
That’s not worked out very well for them who mocked me did it?
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 07:02 - Feb 12 with 799 viewsArchiRob

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 17:48 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

Agreed. Have no idea what we were playing in the first half. Was it 2-4-3-1? The goal was vital and second half we seemed to have some structure which helped everyone out.

I thought Hirst did well today and our attacking play suffered when Ladapo came on.

Ladapo never looks good as a sub
But brave descion to leave our in form striker on the bench - hope he stays in form?
We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 07:38 - Feb 12 with 711 viewsKropotkin123

"Take Morsey out of there for drive, physical presence, decision making, and we have absolutely nothing."

Haha, yeah, take a Morsy out of the midfield and we don't have Morsy's attributes.

And take Walton out of the team and we don't have a goalkeeper.

And if we take them all out of the first 11 and we don't have starting 11.

It's a disarsta!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 08:10 - Feb 12 with 638 viewsArnieM

We’re Powder puff all over the pitch ! on 19:30 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

But we used to be able to do. Woolfenden was probably our best defender after McKenna came in, up to the Charlton game this season. So what’s changed? Confidence, mentality, the approach leaving the defence as a whole exposed?

The defence was fine from the moment McKenna came in until Charlton. Since then, it’s looked shaky. If it was personnel we would never have looked settled. It’s set up. It’s style. Today our defence comprised of two centre backs for the majority of the first half, and then we blame the centre backs instead of asking why they were left short so often.

Other teams do their homework. They identify play weaknesses and play to them. It’s no rocket science we can’t defend balls into our box. None of our defence can deal with it. It’s a glaring weakness to me. We keep conceding soft goals or goals at the opponents first attack . Needs sorting surely ??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024