Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) 18:50 - Mar 2 with 1987 viewsITFCSG

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the birthplace of Terry Butcher! Finally after 15 years I will make the long awaited trip to PR next week and am looking at attending the Accrington match. From what I can tell online, much has changed especially ticketing and hence am looking for some advice -

1. Any interesting places to visit near PR, I may take a day trip from London to Ipswich prior to the match
2. Can tickets be bought on the day itself or do I have to pre-order online (seeing that the tickets are still available)
3. Which section would you recommend a "newbie" to PR to enjoy the matchday experience.

I can't wait to be there, must be radically different from watching on iFollow every week!

Cheers and COYB!
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 19:05 - Mar 2 with 1910 viewsCoastalblue

Lots of lovely places around Suffolk to go and visit, however if you do decide to do a day trip to London then feel free to get in touch for advice and suggestions. I live in London and am a tour guide here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 19:10 - Mar 2 with 1894 viewsITFCSG

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 19:05 - Mar 2 by Coastalblue

Lots of lovely places around Suffolk to go and visit, however if you do decide to do a day trip to London then feel free to get in touch for advice and suggestions. I live in London and am a tour guide here.

Thanks mate, am pretty familiar with London having been there a couple of times in the past few years for work / studies. Didn't had a chance to visit PR then due to schedule though which was regrettable.
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 19:10 - Mar 2 with 1897 viewsDyland

Do you want atmosphere or a clear view of the match? If the former try and get in Lower North (Sir Bob stand) if not sold out. Unless you are short and want to see the game, in which case go anywhere else tbh.

Are you aiming to travel back to London after the match? Beware last train times...

Enjoy!

COYFB
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 19:10]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley)ways on 21:22 - Mar 2 with 1697 viewsPendejo

Is the train taking the strain or will be the car, remember to clunk click.

Visit ground, spend oodles in club shop.
Take selfies with the statues of Sir Alf, Big Kev and Sir Bobby
Try to guess which of the tiles at the back of the North Stand AKA SBR is mine
Walk across car park towards town centre and marvel at the Willis Building, the first 70s built building to be listed
Venture further and encounter Carl Giles' grandma, just past her are some superb old buildings and ye olde alley ways
Find your way to the Marina area to see some nice boats that are never not moored up

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 00:20 - Mar 3 with 1517 viewsVegtablue

Howdy! At this stage of proceedings the good seats in Sir Bob have probably gone. Better people will be able to advise re purchasing on the day, there will be unsold tickets still - maybe a few thousand in the home sections. The prized seats will likely have gone by then though, especially if there's more than one ticket required. I would buy online soon personally.

As for where to sit, there is a trade-off in respect to the best sections. For atmosphere and view, I'd highly recommend the middle third of the upper Cobbold stand. Section C gives you the best, most balanced view of the game for the whole 90; section A is the noisiest and closest you will now get to our loudest fans in lower Sir Bob. You may choose to split the difference in section B. There is a drawback however - the facilities here are the worst in the ground, meaning a halftime pint or toilet break can be a bit of an ordeal. There's also a little bit less legroom than elsewhere as it's the oldest stand. I'm happy with this trade-off but others won't be. You can't see the away fans from here for the most part as they're housed in the final third of the same stand, but it's Accrington on Tuesday night so you will be missing nothing at all.

The Magnus West Stand is the biggest side stand: the upper tier begins higher up than the Cobbold's and you'd want to be in the lower half of it for the best view. The section closest to Sir Bob may be okay for atmosphere, I couldn't say, but the majority of it is very sedate. Clapping, often lukewarm, may be found here in the main, but it has a large space outside the stand for enjoying pre-game stuff, there's a little more legroom and the facilities are better. Your view opposite is of the least impressive stand (the Cobbold), whereas in the Cobbold you are able to appreciate Magnus West in all its splendour.

Sir Alf is the furthest you can be from the noise of lower Sir Bob, it tends to be the emptier of the four and its USP - best view in the house of the away supporters - is pointless for Tuesday night against Accrington. Unless the away team wins the toss and elects to turn the teams around (Accrington are the type to do this, but it happens less than 1 in 3) it is also the stand that Town will attack first, so it could be a quiet second half for you given the likely pattern of play. Because the stand is generally quieter, facilities are easier to access than in some other sections. The players arrive and leave from the corner of Sir Alf and Magnus West, if this is a reason for locating somewhere.

Good luck with your choice and 🤞for 3 exciting points.
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 08:17 - Mar 3 with 1289 viewsBobbychase

Hope it's a great overall experience and you prove to be a lucky charm.

I'd head to the Greyhound if you get time, great pub and will be packed with Town fans.

Docks are also nice these days and some places to eat/drink there.

If you can't get in SBR lower then I'd sit in Cobbold Block A near the front, decent view and you are very close to the atmosphere created by Blue Action.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 08:56 - Mar 3 with 1213 viewsKTBlue

Hi mate,

I lived in Sing for five years (coming back to Blighty four years ago). Fantastic place. We started a small ITFC group there, and there are a couple of town fans still living there, would be happy to put you in touch if you want. Anyway, enjoy the game.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 8:58]
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 1166 viewsTractorCam

Welcome and enjoy!

The game won't sell out, but best to buy online and your ticket should just get delivered in the email, especially if you're coming from all that way. If you want atmosphere then Cobbold block A or Sir Bobby upper should be decent (definitely lower Sir Bobby if they have tickets left). For view I don't think you can go too wrong other than lower tiers of the side stands.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 23:42 - Mar 3 with 855 viewsunstableblue

Have a great trip from Singapore

And great news you’re going to visit Portman Road… nothing better than a Tuesday night under the lights…. And I expect a win

Let’s hope we win tomorrow as well.. to really set it up

There are seats in block J - would be a good mix of view and atmos

I’d you’re driving head to flatford mill

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 09:51 - Mar 4 with 708 viewsBluemer

Just a warning, it's going to be COLD !!
My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 10:57 - Mar 4 with 644 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My first visit to PR (Matchday v Accrington Stanley) on 09:51 - Mar 4 by Bluemer

Just a warning, it's going to be COLD !!

The weather models haven’t a clue at the moment but with that in mind next Saturday at Bolton might be fun if you're driving!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024