Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointed to draw but 12:10 - Apr 11 with 1548 viewsHeathlander

Might be a blessing all talk of straight wins and clean sheets is over. Just adds to narrative and pressure.

Just get on with promotion now.

Uppa Towen.

Heathy
Disappointed to draw but on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 1490 viewsdirtyboy

Was exactly my thoughts.

Whilst teams do have runs, realistically, 9 wins on the trot, regardless of any opposition is a hugely difficult task.

Not conceeding in 10 game, pretty much unheard of.

Therefore, it was always going to happen sooner rather than later, positives are, we didn't lose, gained a point on one rival (look ahead, not behind) and still in our hands, although Wednesday have the points on the board already.

I wanted us to concede and get it over and done with so we could just settle again and not have it on the mind, it's now less of a distraction imo.

Only time will tell of course.
Disappointed to draw but on 12:23 - Apr 11 with 1488 viewsBigCommon

My thoughts too... A little prod with a sharp stick, without too much damage done...
Disappointed to draw but on 12:30 - Apr 11 with 1471 viewscharlie1

Disappointed to draw but on 12:23 - Apr 11 by BigCommon

My thoughts too... A little prod with a sharp stick, without too much damage done...

Agreed. You just know that prod will get McKenna to have them up and firing for the rest of the season.
Disappointed to draw but on 12:30 - Apr 11 with 1468 viewsclive_baker

Inclined to agree. I'm not sure all the talk of runs and clean sheet runs is all that helpful. I'm sure KM and his team will have done their best to keep it out of players heads but it's only natural they will think about it. Protecting records isn't really beneficial in terms of a mindset. Clean sheets don't count for anything, points do. Of course clean sheets give you a great chance of getting points, but it's all about results now.

While I don't think there's any evidence of complacency, a slightly wounded and angry Ipswich might not be a bad thing for the run in, if we can get the reaction and 3 points Saturday. Hopefully a bit of a chance to hit reset with that out of the window and go again against Charlton.

I would go as far as saying if we win on Saturday we'll do it, we'll go on to get top 2. I really think it's that big, it's a massive game in that respect. I say that because I think we'll have too much for Port Vale on Tuesday, at home under the lights, especially off the back of a win against Charlton. That would leave us on 88 points and probably with the luxury of being able to afford a slip up (maybe even 2) in the final 4 games and still get promoted.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Disappointed to draw but on 12:42 - Apr 11 with 1445 viewsBigCommon

Disappointed to draw but on 12:30 - Apr 11 by clive_baker

Inclined to agree. I'm not sure all the talk of runs and clean sheet runs is all that helpful. I'm sure KM and his team will have done their best to keep it out of players heads but it's only natural they will think about it. Protecting records isn't really beneficial in terms of a mindset. Clean sheets don't count for anything, points do. Of course clean sheets give you a great chance of getting points, but it's all about results now.

While I don't think there's any evidence of complacency, a slightly wounded and angry Ipswich might not be a bad thing for the run in, if we can get the reaction and 3 points Saturday. Hopefully a bit of a chance to hit reset with that out of the window and go again against Charlton.

I would go as far as saying if we win on Saturday we'll do it, we'll go on to get top 2. I really think it's that big, it's a massive game in that respect. I say that because I think we'll have too much for Port Vale on Tuesday, at home under the lights, especially off the back of a win against Charlton. That would leave us on 88 points and probably with the luxury of being able to afford a slip up (maybe even 2) in the final 4 games and still get promoted.

Thought we committed the Cardinal sin, yesterday... We were in such control at 1-0 up, that we just got into a slightly relaxed mindset..Which we haven't seen for ages.. Switch off for 30 seconds, and you might not get away with it. Big reminder yesterday.. Which will put us in good stead for our up coming fixtures.
Disappointed to draw but on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 1380 viewstextbackup

Disappointed to draw but on 12:42 - Apr 11 by BigCommon

Thought we committed the Cardinal sin, yesterday... We were in such control at 1-0 up, that we just got into a slightly relaxed mindset..Which we haven't seen for ages.. Switch off for 30 seconds, and you might not get away with it. Big reminder yesterday.. Which will put us in good stead for our up coming fixtures.

Yep, you can imagine a very calm and relaxed KM walking in saying
‘See, you’ve won nothing yet’
And that will (hopefully) spark the right reaction

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Disappointed to draw but on 13:15 - Apr 11 with 1343 viewsportmanking

Disappointed to draw but on 12:42 - Apr 11 by BigCommon

I think you're right to an extent. We definitely didn't go enough for the jugular to get a second killer goal. However, we were exceptionally comfortable in the game throughout. Walton's rush of blood was so out of whack with the pattern of the match.
Disappointed to draw but on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 1303 viewsandytown

Disappointed to draw but on 13:15 - Apr 11 by portmanking

I think you're right to an extent. We definitely didn't go enough for the jugular to get a second killer goal. However, we were exceptionally comfortable in the game throughout. Walton's rush of blood was so out of whack with the pattern of the match.

Not sure it was a rush of blood..think the ball held up in the wind and Walton had to come for it. No gust and it sails to him in front of his goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Disappointed to draw but on 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1261 viewstextbackup

Disappointed to draw but on 13:25 - Apr 11 by andytown

Not sure it was a rush of blood..think the ball held up in the wind and Walton had to come for it. No gust and it sails to him in front of his goal.

He had plenty of time to gauge his position, and the ball.

It’s an error on his part, he’ll accept that and move on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Disappointed to draw but on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 1254 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not sure I will ever be able to see drawing away at Cheltenham as a blessing. But I see your point. Hopefully the players react well vs Charlton, I'm sure they will

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Disappointed to draw but on 13:42 - Apr 11 with 1244 viewsportmanking

Disappointed to draw but on 13:38 - Apr 11 by textbackup

He had plenty of time to gauge his position, and the ball.

It’s an error on his part, he’ll accept that and move on

This.

He had plenty of time to reassess and move back on his goal line. We had 3 defenders around Alfie May, we would have dealt with the high ball without Walton's intervention.

Poor decision. Let's just hope it's not ANOTHER what-if moment come May...
Disappointed to draw but on 19:10 - Apr 11 with 1053 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't say a long record of not conceding adds any pressure. After all, the team are trying to keep a clean sheet every game anyway. Indeed, I'd have thought achieving it so many times in a row would add to confidence.

Very much doubt they're more concerned by the clean sheet record than winning games, anyway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Disappointed to draw but on 04:56 - Apr 12 with 903 viewsPioneerBlue

Disappointed to draw but on 19:10 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

I wouldn't say a long record of not conceding adds any pressure. After all, the team are trying to keep a clean sheet every game anyway. Indeed, I'd have thought achieving it so many times in a row would add to confidence.

Very much doubt they're more concerned by the clean sheet record than winning games, anyway.

All the talk of records was a distraction from the next game though. It’s was evident that KMcK only wanted to talk of the next game, correctly with so few left it’s what everyone should be doing. Forget points totals, we need to find a way to beat Charlton.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Disappointed to draw but on 05:24 - Apr 12 with 887 viewsArchiRob

Feels like I am in an alternative Universe here I am disappointed they didn't win I thought they edged the game and could have won but there's nooooo way I can convince myself that this was in any shape or form a positive thing or a blessing in disguise
Shear madness if you do
Disappointed to draw but on 06:58 - Apr 12 with 838 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve not seen enough credit for Cheltenham’s goal itself. The first touch of May to control it was fantastic- and then a cracking finish. 9/10 league one strikers don’t get a goal in that situation in my opinion- that control was really good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024