Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly 21:28 - Apr 22 with 1620 viewsSimonds92

We have 2 of them, and we've absolutely needed them!
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:31 - Apr 22 with 1599 viewsHipsterectomy

Rotherham fans were quite happy to see Ladapo leave, claiming he had an ego and attitude. For a guy to have been our first choice and is now scoring goals from the bench for fun, he seems 100% a team player whom the squad and management love

Very strange

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:41 - Apr 22 with 1523 views765765

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:31 - Apr 22 by Hipsterectomy

Rotherham fans were quite happy to see Ladapo leave, claiming he had an ego and attitude. For a guy to have been our first choice and is now scoring goals from the bench for fun, he seems 100% a team player whom the squad and management love

Very strange

Football fans can make up their own versions of reality quite easily, I agree with you everything has always pointed to the likelihood that he's very popular amongst the squad, and he's very clearly done his bit in what McK has asked him to do. 20 goals, thank you Freddie that will do very nicely sir.
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:55 - Apr 22 with 1440 viewsGuthrum

Brilliant tho Chaplin and Ladapo have been, they account for just 42% of Town's goals in all competitions. We've had significant contributions from several others and lots of the squad have chipped in with one or two.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 22:11 - Apr 22 with 1393 viewsCoastalblue

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:41 - Apr 22 by 765765

Football fans can make up their own versions of reality quite easily, I agree with you everything has always pointed to the likelihood that he's very popular amongst the squad, and he's very clearly done his bit in what McK has asked him to do. 20 goals, thank you Freddie that will do very nicely sir.

It does appear as though we are hopefully back to the days of doing due dilligence on players and only signing the kind of characters we want.

I can't imagine a Chopra type rocking up here now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 07:18 - Apr 23 with 1058 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

You're trying to change history. No one said we don't need a 20 goal striker. Freddie was already here, as was Connor Chaplin. Some people were clamouring for us to go out and buy another striker (Hirst/ Clarke-Harris etc.) who would be guaranteed to score 20 goals. But many were also saying that we already had enough firepower in the squad. To try and twist it to say that people said we don't need a 20 goal striker is, frankly, utter b0ll0cks.

Poll: would you rather

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 07:32 - Apr 23 with 1033 viewsPioneerBlue

Given the season we are having it’s not the time to reflect, too much left to do, scoring points about who was right and wrong can wait.

Taking fan and player personalities out of it.

It’s a lesson in not keep picking at things. Folks are often very quick to react and believe the echo chamber opinion formed at times by fans.

At the beginning we didn’t have a 20 goal striker. However it was clear as the season started then certainly by Xmas that we had players that could go on to score those goals and some on a near line to score 20+.

Hirst’s arrival has enabled space for chappers to do his work and allowed the whole team not to only rely on flogging one striker in Ladapo. Ladapo meanwhile is getting some rest, getting some competition and goes about his business picking up goals against tiring defenders. Hirst is all energy, pressing and is a real handful, offering goal threat and space for others.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 09:03 - Apr 23 with 932 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What we needed was George hirst - he’s perfect for the system and we’d be nowhere near without him.
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 09:16 - Apr 23 with 896 viewsWickets

No Town Fan needs to feel silly right now xx
Login to get fewer ads

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 11:26 - Apr 23 with 839 viewsBigCommon

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 21:31 - Apr 22 by Hipsterectomy

Very strange

On a side note, FL got some unfair criticism after the Vale match... Looked to me, like Hirst put in a similar performance, yesterday?... I'm not knocking either of them, as they both had a job to do in those respective games.. But I just find it incredibly weird, that some people are happy to knock Freddy at times.. He's been excellent all season, as well as improving some areas of his game, imo...Really pleased he's notched 20 goals, great finish yesterday....
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 11:33 - Apr 23 with 794 viewsNeedhamChris

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 11:26 - Apr 23 by BigCommon

On a side note, FL got some unfair criticism after the Vale match... Looked to me, like Hirst put in a similar performance, yesterday?... I'm not knocking either of them, as they both had a job to do in those respective games.. But I just find it incredibly weird, that some people are happy to knock Freddy at times.. He's been excellent all season, as well as improving some areas of his game, imo...Really pleased he's notched 20 goals, great finish yesterday....

I thought Hirst yesterday was far more effective than Ladapo against Vale.

However, I don't think the game Tuesday suited him at all tbf

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 14:33 - Apr 23 with 701 viewsKropotkin123

Need is the key word here. Plymouth, the team above us, have a top scorer on 13 league goals. Therefore proving we don't need a 20 goal striker.

Also Chaplin isn't a striker, and Ladapo hasn't scored 20 in the league.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 15:20 - Apr 23 with 641 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 14:33 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

Need is the key word here. Plymouth, the team above us, have a top scorer on 13 league goals. Therefore proving we don't need a 20 goal striker.

Also Chaplin isn't a striker, and Ladapo hasn't scored 20 in the league.

I’ve thought the 20 goal tag for Freddie is over-egging it. Normally people talk in terms of league goals, as cup goals don’t ‘help you get out of this league’.

Still, the lads done good. We needed Hirst, but that’s not a criticism of Freddie. We just needed an option to rotate and I’m happy with either starting.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 15:51 - Apr 23 with 606 viewsRobTheMonk

Broadhead has allowed Chaplin to be more of a finisher than a creator.
I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 15:59 - Apr 23 with 578 viewsBigCommon

I hope those who said we dont need a 20 goal striker feel silly on 11:33 - Apr 23 by NeedhamChris

I thought Hirst yesterday was far more effective than Ladapo against Vale.

However, I don't think the game Tuesday suited him at all tbf

They had different roles, for two completely different oppo, imo.. People are looking for Freddy to do what Hirst does... He's not Hirst. He's Freddy Ladapo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024