Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in mentality 08:08 - May 2 with 930 viewsHorsham

I’ve literally no idea how long this will last…

When we played on Saturday there was a big part of me before the game that said ‘everyone is too confident’. There was an assumption we would win. That didn’t sit right with me at the time.

A little while on I get it. People knew we’d win. It wasn’t in doubt. The fans knew. The players knew.

I’ve watched Ipswich since 1985. I don’t think I’ve seen a winning mentality like this during that time. Such confidence. I hope it lasts forever.
Change in mentality on 08:10 - May 2 with 885 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't think it's sunk in yet by Cheltenham_Blue 1 May 2023 10:04
I think the expectation of it, all last week, and then the dismantling of Exeter took it down a notch if I'm honest.

If the Exeter result had been a close run thing, it would have seemed more real, and, If we're honest, much more 'Ipswich'

This new ruthless Ipswich that GC20 have created is going to take a while to get used to.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Change in mentality on 08:12 - May 2 with 867 viewshomer_123

Honestly, feeling quite relaxed about the next two games. by homer_123 28 Apr 2023 10:30
Not taking anything for granted at all but for the first time in a long, long time as a Town fan, I have complete faith they will get the job done.

I'm not saying they roll over Exeter and Fleetwood easily but they will get the points necessary to get us out of this league.

I believe, from GC and Ashton down, the mentality and approach is right, they won't have put all this hard work in to let it go now. KM won't let that happen. The lads know what is required and have the mentality to make it happen.

I said, back in late Feb/ early March that I thought we'd win the league - that, even, is still a possibility.

As I say, feeling relaxed and quietly confident that we'll be up by the end of tomorrows match but certainly by the end of the Fleetwood game.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Change in mentality on 08:16 - May 2 with 833 viewsbilllm

I've watched town since 71,
My mates thought I'd lost it,
I'd never been so confident,
Never worried,
Just a whole party day,
Change in mentality on 08:17 - May 2 with 824 viewsBlueBadger

Last time I was this confident about an ITFC team, it was Burley's boys, going into the build-up to Wembley.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Change in mentality on 08:28 - May 2 with 790 viewsnorfsufblue

When I girst started going back in 1973 as a 12year old, it wasn't long before my expectation of going to football was not if we were going to win but by how many!..... lasted till about 1982 and didn't return till the playoff season in all honesty...that lasted a much much shorter time😉

Wonder what the youngsters now starting their journey feel now....have they got a youthful arrogance I had way back then??
I think it will be a good barometer of our status currently.
Change in mentality on 08:40 - May 2 with 695 viewsVic

Same here.

I’ve been a Town fan since the late 60’s and even in the glory days I don’t think we ever expected town to beat teams like we do now. We knew we could be anyone, but never really expected it - there’s a subtle difference.

That changed when the 1981/82 team was gradually dismantled and by the mid 80’s we knew we were in decline, but hoped we could arrest it. We couldn’t!

I think the difference between the glory years and now is that then we were a smallish fish in a big pond, punching above our weight. This season we have become a big fish in a small pond and have developed the mentality the suit. Now as supporters I think for this place in time we expect to win. It’s not something Ive experienced for a long, long time, if ever. Long may it continue, though I suspect we’ll be brought down to earth next season! I’m really hoping not, but it’s certain that we will not be able to go on the sort of run that has brought us to theIs current place of confidence.

Let’s enjoy it while we can. Thank you Gamechanger, KM, the players and Ashton. These are heady days!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024