Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Careful what you wish for 17:52 - May 5 with 2482 viewstroyparrotsleftear

I think super Mick McCarthy and big Marcus should be invited to come to the first home game next season to see how much things have changed and show them how things should be done. They can be paraded out on the pitch and interviewed on the tannoy to get their views on the current manager and owners and explain what went wrong when attendances were drifting down to 12k for a home game at the end of micks reign
Careful what you wish for on 17:58 - May 5 with 2420 viewsBlueBadger

Mick did nothing wrong apart from actually get us above water in the face of Evans' neglect though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Careful what you wish for on 17:59 - May 5 with 2417 viewsEssexBloo

I’ll come, but only if we promise to ‘match up’ Preston at home and dog out a 1-1. Can’t wait.
Marcus wasn't "Big". (n/t) on 18:01 - May 5 with 2404 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Careful what you wish for on 18:04 - May 5 with 2387 viewspositivity

Careful what you wish for on 17:59 - May 5 by EssexBloo

I’ll come, but only if we promise to ‘match up’ Preston at home and dog out a 1-1. Can’t wait.

ugh, you've given me too many flashbacks there, someone please reassure me that david nugent isn't still playing for them...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Careful what you wish for on 18:04 - May 5 with 2388 viewsEssexBloo

Forgot to add, I’ll only attend if we have 4 loanees, a couple of journeymen and someone playing at right back who is completely out of position.
Careful what you wish for on 18:05 - May 5 with 2384 viewspositivity

Careful what you wish for on 17:58 - May 5 by BlueBadger

Mick did nothing wrong apart from actually get us above water in the face of Evans' neglect though.

"mick did nothing wrong" is a pretty hot take, even bobby made the odd error!
[Post edited 5 May 2023 18:06]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Careful what you wish for on 18:18 - May 5 with 2363 viewsSwansea_Blue

Careful what you wish for on 17:58 - May 5 by BlueBadger

He did what he thought he had to do with the dwindling resources available to him. He bored me sh*tless, but that’s only important if fans are more important than results. We’re probably not if we’re being ruthless about it. The TV money from promotion and placement in the leagues counts for a lot more these days.

It just a shame he wasn’t backed. Of all the managers to not back, Evans decided to hamstring his best one. Such a clown; he should never have been anywhere near us

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Careful what you wish for on 18:27 - May 5 with 2324 viewsChurchman

Mick was manager here for a good long time. Whether liked or loathed he always did his very best with the crumbs he had. Always welcome. Directors Box wherever.

Evans? He still has shares in the club but I hope he never darkens its doors again.
Login to get fewer ads

Careful what you wish for on 18:28 - May 5 with 2317 viewsSwailsey

You suck.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Careful what you wish for on 18:49 - May 5 with 2276 viewsIllinoisblue

You created an account just to post that?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Careful what you wish for on 18:54 - May 5 with 2263 viewswkj

At this point, the only people keeping the pain of the Evans Era alive is the fans who cling on to bitter past.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Careful what you wish for on 18:57 - May 5 with 2251 viewsLeoMuff

When we match MM by getting into the championship play offs, otherwise it’s a bit embarrassing crowing when we haven’t achieved close to the success he did.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Careful what you wish for on 19:26 - May 5 with 2207 viewsSwailsey

Careful what you wish for on 18:57 - May 5 by LeoMuff

When we match MM by getting into the championship play offs, otherwise it’s a bit embarrassing crowing when we haven’t achieved close to the success he did.

Especially since the 3 mangers after him were significantly worse

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Careful what you wish for on 20:11 - May 5 with 2145 viewsjudespiveyg

Weirdly, I used to quite enjoy watching Berra slug it out against Hugill. Same with Matt Smith or Lukas Jutkiewicz or whichever big hard bastard Championship clubs put up against him. If Berra had his gumshield in you knew it was going to be a battle. Normally I'm really against ugly football, and I didn't even rate Berra that highly, buts sometimes in those otherwise dull home draws you had to find entertainment in what you could.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Careful what you wish for on 20:47 - May 5 with 2087 viewsJ4ck22

Can't believe that we have new owners who are doing everything right now and people STILL think that Mick was the problem rather than Evans.
Careful what you wish for on 09:52 - May 7 with 1767 viewstroyparrotsleftear

Careful what you wish for on 18:49 - May 5 by Illinoisblue

You created an account just to post that?

Yes mate you got a problem with that?
Careful what you wish for on 09:57 - May 7 with 1728 viewsWD19

Careful what you wish for on 09:52 - May 7 by troyparrotsleftear

Yes mate you got a problem with that?

I am not sure illy is the one with the problems.
Careful what you wish for on 10:08 - May 7 with 1706 viewsthunderhead

To be fair to Mick i know he wasnt everybodys cup of tea but he did a job for us and i think he did pretty well given the money, and backing he had. Granted the football towards the end was s*** but at least he got us in the play offs and made us competitive, we may have gone down quicker with a differnt manager. I do think we had to go down in the end though, just to reset. Still all in the past now - Onwards and upwards!!.
Careful what you wish for on 10:14 - May 7 with 1689 viewssolemio

Careful what you wish for on 18:04 - May 5 by positivity

ugh, you've given me too many flashbacks there, someone please reassure me that david nugent isn't still playing for them...

I don't think they've got Tom Finney or Tommy Docherty available any longer either.
Careful what you wish for on 12:42 - May 7 with 1616 viewstroyparrotsleftear

Careful what you wish for on 09:57 - May 7 by WD19

I am not sure illy is the one with the problems.

Ohhhh. Your hard arnt you mate. Well done child
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024