Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread 07:44 - Jun 23 with 2260 viewswkj

For the last couple of years I have been practicing a new life skill - Live DJ mixing. So far I have done about 12 live performances that have gone pretty well both to EU and US audiences.

My home genre is trance - so, I wanted to share one of the most energy filled tracks that appear on my car, gym and home playlists

Such a good one...

What songs get you in the mood for some iron pumping?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:14 - Jun 23 with 1871 viewsUB9Blue

DJ Lion- Hunt Jung
House Dogz - Dont you love me

Cracking tunes
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 1853 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice. This you?

https://youtube.com/shorts/0XrMZFil0h0?feature=share

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:51 - Jun 23 with 1833 viewswkj

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:31 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

Nice. This you?

https://youtube.com/shorts/0XrMZFil0h0?feature=share

You got me

Crybaby

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:59 - Jun 23 with 1814 viewsWeWereZombies

Sorry, I'm in more of a trip hop mood this morning:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:05 - Jun 23 with 1801 viewsgiant_stow

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 08:59 - Jun 23 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, I'm in more of a trip hop mood this morning:

Nice tune - got anymore?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:15 - Jun 23 with 1792 viewsWeWereZombies

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:05 - Jun 23 by giant_stow

Nice tune - got anymore?

Plenty, I'm going through who is playing at WOMAD to see what I like. Will spare you the fado and give you this:

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 1772 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What is this iron pumping that you mention?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:33 - Jun 23 with 1759 viewsgiant_stow

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:15 - Jun 23 by WeWereZombies

Plenty, I'm going through who is playing at WOMAD to see what I like. Will spare you the fado and give you this:

Another!

Gawd, I'm so out of touch - that's a corker, mr taste!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 1743 viewsblueprint

But are you a proper dj or do you use a controller with a sync button?
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:03 - Jun 23 with 1720 viewswkj

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 09:42 - Jun 23 by blueprint

But are you a proper dj or do you use a controller with a sync button?

I use the Denon DJ Live 4 at home or when doing my own sets out and about- While there is a crossfader and Beatsynch, I only use them when doing set prep. Otherwise its using the Pioneer gear that most venues have as standard
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 10:04]

Crybaby

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:10 - Jun 23 with 1706 viewsblueprint

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:03 - Jun 23 by wkj

I use the Denon DJ Live 4 at home or when doing my own sets out and about- While there is a crossfader and Beatsynch, I only use them when doing set prep. Otherwise its using the Pioneer gear that most venues have as standard
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 10:04]

Fair play. I have both turntables and a Denon controller and I would be lying if I said I’d never used the sync feature. At least you play out. The only audience I get are the spiders in my loft.
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 1684 viewsDanTheMan

A good friend of mine does a lot of DJing on Twitch, does a lot of House and Electro stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/martino_edwardo

Is that where you're doing it or another platform?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 1685 viewswkj

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:10 - Jun 23 by blueprint

Fair play. I have both turntables and a Denon controller and I would be lying if I said I’d never used the sync feature. At least you play out. The only audience I get are the spiders in my loft.

To be honest, there isn't a lot wrong with using beatsynch in my honest opinion. Like with rock/pop bands that lip synch, a lot of festival djs will preproduce sets and mime them as a lot can go wrong outside of the DJ's control.

Live DJing on twitch can be good experience if you get a few watching so that the spiders have more company.

Mixing is a beautiful hobby to have, even if not live performing,

Crybaby

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:18 - Jun 23 with 1678 viewswkj

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:16 - Jun 23 by DanTheMan

A good friend of mine does a lot of DJing on Twitch, does a lot of House and Electro stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/martino_edwardo

Is that where you're doing it or another platform?

I am doing it live in skin but am fairly active on twitch as a viewer. I will follow them

Crybaby

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:20 - Jun 23 with 1670 viewsMeenoITFC

Good luck with your Journey! I've been a DJ for a number of years and played most 'super' clubs in the UK including Fabric, 338, Lab 11 etc. Just stick at it, stay humble and true to your craft :)

This is a good mix for me at the gym:

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:20 - Jun 23 with 1666 viewsMeenoITFC

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:20 - Jun 23 by MeenoITFC

Good luck with your Journey! I've been a DJ for a number of years and played most 'super' clubs in the UK including Fabric, 338, Lab 11 etc. Just stick at it, stay humble and true to your craft :)

This is a good mix for me at the gym:

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:28 - Jun 23 with 1660 viewsWeWereZombies

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:16 - Jun 23 by wkj

To be honest, there isn't a lot wrong with using beatsynch in my honest opinion. Like with rock/pop bands that lip synch, a lot of festival djs will preproduce sets and mime them as a lot can go wrong outside of the DJ's control.

Live DJing on twitch can be good experience if you get a few watching so that the spiders have more company.

I think a lot of the audience at rock gigs are well informed enough to know when a singer is lip synching, or when a click track is being used. Of course there are acts that incorporate external elements to what is being performed on stage or use pedals to play part of a song and then keep that on the go with the 'taping' whilst they play the next part - KT Tunstall made a name for herself with that but I think Daby Touré was doing it first. If these techniques are used with restraint or artfulness they are appreciated but I guess most of an audience will feel a bit cheated if they come to see a singer and all they get is miming.

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:45 - Jun 23 with 1639 viewsblueprint

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 10:16 - Jun 23 by wkj

I’ve been doing it for about 27 years now and sill love doing it when I get the time.
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:22 - Jun 23 with 1583 viewsRobTheMonk

I read "I am a DJ now" in the voice of the Somalian pirate from Captain Phillips lol.
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:30 - Jun 23 with 1568 viewsMeenoITFC

I disagree with this unfortunately, I don't know one DJ that pre records a set to play live at a festival. With regards to 'Sync' if you are a 'DJ' and put many hours into your craft, then you should be a disk jockey not a button presser. In the house music scene i'm in, if you are seen to be syncing you would probably not get a booked there again :)

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 1554 viewsDaninthecampo

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:30 - Jun 23 by MeenoITFC

I disagree with this unfortunately, I don't know one DJ that pre records a set to play live at a festival. With regards to 'Sync' if you are a 'DJ' and put many hours into your craft, then you should be a disk jockey not a button presser. In the house music scene i'm in, if you are seen to be syncing you would probably not get a booked there again :)

I've been a raver since the early 90's and had some 1210's bitd, plus I know quite a few pro's personally, I agree any decent DJ would never play a prerecorded set out, however i've seen lots of videos of so called DJ's constantly twiddling and pressing buttons and its not even turned on! how they get paid and away with it is scandalous!
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:58 - Jun 23 with 1531 viewsDinDjarin

Still got my 1210's and all my vinyl from 90 - 95. Played all kinds of weird places a lot of them illegal pay parties. Great days.

Mix it up now and have traktor scratch so can do vinyl and digital seamlessly.
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 14:05 - Jun 23 with 1520 viewsfabian_illness

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:22 - Jun 23 by RobTheMonk

I read "I am a DJ now" in the voice of the Somalian pirate from Captain Phillips lol.

I read it in the voices of Kevin and Perry.
I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 14:42 - Jun 23 with 1501 viewsWeWereZombies

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 14:05 - Jun 23 by fabian_illness

I read it in the voices of Kevin and Perry.

Just to even it up for wkj I read it in the voice of David Bowie.

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 15:29 - Jun 23 with 1471 viewswkj

I am a DJ now... A different kind of Friday Music Thread on 13:30 - Jun 23 by MeenoITFC

Im just going by what ive seen lately. Open air festivals have a lot of "showmanship" where as club sets seem more pure and honest, which it has to be really as you need to mix to the mood if it isn't hitting right.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024