Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23-24 Points Tally ? 15:20 - Jul 14 with 1366 viewsMetal_Hacker

Following on from Funge's relegation thread , what's everyone's thoughts on our points tally for this season ?

What's an expected target and also perhaps a stretch target ?

Personally I think we should be targeting min 60 and with some momentum stretching that to 65+ which would be a superb season IMO

Looking at least season's Champ and knowing how tight it was 65+ puts you up there if that is to be mirrored again

Poll: If it were one or the other

23-24 Points Tally ? on 15:23 - Jul 14 with 1339 viewsbluestandard

I definitely think we’ll get more than 23-24 points.
23-24 Points Tally ? on 17:45 - Jul 14 with 1190 viewsFunge

46 x 3 = 138, all other teams are trash, etc etc etc....

Honestly, if it all clicks, we could hit 75-ish. Honestly quite excited to see how we cope against actual footballing teams; you'd think we could see some pretty good games at PR next season.

All three relegated sides will be hard work, as will Boro and Cov; that said, I fear none of them.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 17:47]
23-24 Points Tally ? on 17:52 - Jul 14 with 1171 viewsketton_itfc

66 - 75 points, key for me is how many games we draw. We wont lose many, maybe 10-12 but can see lots of draws.
23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:01 - Jul 14 with 1155 viewsPinewoodblue

Have always thought that 69pts from 46 games, with a decent cup run was a good target to aim for. Finish well below that mark and no cup run means a poor season.

Come Boxing Day if we have 36pts from 24 games then time to reset the bar and aim for play offs or better.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:12 - Jul 14 with 1111 viewsCheltenham_Blue

73 nailed on. 4th.

3-1 win in the playoff final against Blackburn.

Nodge relegated after finishing 22nd, who will then be sold by Delia to Marcus Evans at the end of July, who's opening statement to the fans, starts with "This club has always had a tradition of promoting its youth players, with restricted budgets following relegation, our new manager, who has just signed a five year contract, Paul Lambert will endeavour to use our Youth players...."

All 100% going to happen, load on at Ladbrokes.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 18:36]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:15 - Jul 14 with 1092 viewsBlueBoots

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:01 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Have always thought that 69pts from 46 games, with a decent cup run was a good target to aim for. Finish well below that mark and no cup run means a poor season.

Come Boxing Day if we have 36pts from 24 games then time to reset the bar and aim for play offs or better.

Think that's a fair assessment - Sunderland were promoted from League One the season before us (in a far less emphatic manner), and managed 69 points in their first season back in the Championship, so I see no reason why that shouldn't be a reasonable target for Town this season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:23 - Jul 14 with 1074 viewsMetal_Hacker

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:01 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

High 60’s would definitely be a result

I think if we’re bang on the money come January , the owners will strengthen as well as per last season which would be incredible for a promotion push

Exciting times for sure if it turns out that way

Poll: If it were one or the other

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:28 - Jul 14 with 1058 viewsCoastalblue

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:12 - Jul 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

73 nailed on. 4th.

3-1 win in the playoff final against Blackburn.

Nodge relegated after finishing 22nd, who will then be sold by Delia to Marcus Evans at the end of July, who's opening statement to the fans, starts with "This club has always had a tradition of promoting its youth players, with restricted budgets following relegation, our new manager, who has just signed a five year contract, Paul Lambert will endeavour to use our Youth players...."

All 100% going to happen, load on at Ladbrokes.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 18:36]

You forgot to add the bit about how good it was last time this happened to them, I present Mr Lambert.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:36 - Jul 14 with 1043 viewsCheltenham_Blue

23-24 Points Tally ? on 18:28 - Jul 14 by Coastalblue

You forgot to add the bit about how good it was last time this happened to them, I present Mr Lambert.

Apologies, edited.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024