Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TownTV International Subscription 05:55 - Jul 22 with 3114 viewsPaphosBlue

Obviously I am an overseas supporter and I was initially disgusted that overseas fans were being charged significantly more to subscribe. However having now read the detail I understand the reasoning though the move from iFollow to TTV is going to be very costly for me lets just hope the content including us having another great season makes it worthwhile!

Has anyone else signed up for the International Subscription? I keep getting linked back to the £5.99 UK Subscription

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

TownTV International Subscription on 05:58 - Jul 22 with 3073 viewstrncbluearmy

think your need to be using your foreign ISP, not a UK VPN, to be recognised as a foreign subscriber
TownTV International Subscription on 06:18 - Jul 22 with 3033 viewsPaphosBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 05:58 - Jul 22 by trncbluearmy

think your need to be using your foreign ISP, not a UK VPN, to be recognised as a foreign subscriber

Yes thanks for that I had turned off my VPN but it still didn't offer the International subscription. Bizarrely I have now turned on my VPN and pointed to Cyprus and it worked straight away. Which others with a VPN might find interesting!

Now all signed up and enjoying the service.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 6:47]

TownTV International Subscription on 07:52 - Jul 22 with 2899 viewsArnieM

TownTV International Subscription on 06:18 - Jul 22 by PaphosBlue

Yes thanks for that I had turned off my VPN but it still didn't offer the International subscription. Bizarrely I have now turned on my VPN and pointed to Cyprus and it worked straight away. Which others with a VPN might find interesting!

Now all signed up and enjoying the service.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 6:47]

Reading the above, I was just about to suggest to that if it won’t allow you in under your overseas Details, sod em, and use a vpn and get it for £5.99!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

TownTV International Subscription on 08:18 - Jul 22 with 2816 viewsStokieBlue

Why is it going to be very costly?

It's pretty much in the ballpark of what iFollow cost.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TownTV International Subscription on 08:25 - Jul 22 with 2783 viewsKropotkin123

TownTV International Subscription on 08:18 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

SB

You are aware that it is presented as a subscription at £20 per month. You are aware that people are initially thinking 12*20 rather than 9*20 as the comparative cost. As you know this, you could just continue to highlight it to people, rather than pretend you don't know why they are thinking it is very costly.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

TownTV International Subscription on 08:34 - Jul 22 with 2754 viewsPaphosBlue

SB

It is costly because I was already getting all the iFollow channels for free as part of my IPTV package that includes all the sports and movies for £20 a month now I have to pay another £20 to get the ITFC specific channel. Nonetheless I will give it a try and see if it is worth it

TownTV International Subscription on 08:50 - Jul 22 with 2722 viewsGiveusaWave

TownTV International Subscription on 08:34 - Jul 22 by PaphosBlue

It is costly because I was already getting all the iFollow channels for free as part of my IPTV package that includes all the sports and movies for £20 a month now I have to pay another £20 to get the ITFC specific channel. Nonetheless I will give it a try and see if it is worth it

How many Championship sides are still part of ifollow?

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

TownTV International Subscription on 09:01 - Jul 22 with 2704 viewsStokieBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 08:25 - Jul 22 by Kropotkin123

You are aware that it is presented as a subscription at £20 per month. You are aware that people are initially thinking 12*20 rather than 9*20 as the comparative cost. As you know this, you could just continue to highlight it to people, rather than pretend you don't know why they are thinking it is very costly.

Fair point, although I was on my phone and didn't want to write it all again or find the post.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 9:24]

Login to get fewer ads

TownTV International Subscription on 09:02 - Jul 22 with 2700 viewsStokieBlue

So it's more costly because you were using an illegal service which gave no benefit to the club?

Not sure you're going to get much sympathy for that one.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 9:03]

TownTV International Subscription on 09:18 - Jul 22 with 2615 viewsPaphosBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 09:02 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

So it's more costly because you were using an illegal service which gave no benefit to the club?

Not sure you're going to get much sympathy for that one.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 9:03]

At no point was I looking for sympathy and have already signed up for the service just pointing out the significant increase in cost for what may be considered little benefit and just to be clear I have supported ITFC as a season ticket holder for over 40 years and continue to have season tickets despite choosing to live outside the UK

TownTV International Subscription on 09:35 - Jul 22 with 2578 viewsurbanblue

SB

In the ballpark?? It's nowhere near the amount what ifollow cost me last year. It's far more. I paid A$260 for a Season Pass last year. Working on the general average of A$2 to the pound that's 130 Quid. Over the season it's now going to cost me in excess of A$400.

Add to that I'm going to have to pay to subscribe to whoever carries the Sky games here it's going to get pretty damn expensive.

*I should say I haven't looked at Town TV yet and I'm just going by what I've read on here.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 9:36]
TownTV International Subscription on 09:45 - Jul 22 with 2551 viewsGlasgowBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 09:35 - Jul 22 by urbanblue

In the ballpark?? It's nowhere near the amount what ifollow cost me last year. It's far more. I paid A$260 for a Season Pass last year. Working on the general average of A$2 to the pound that's 130 Quid. Over the season it's now going to cost me in excess of A$400.

Add to that I'm going to have to pay to subscribe to whoever carries the Sky games here it's going to get pretty damn expensive.

*I should say I haven't looked at Town TV yet and I'm just going by what I've read on here.

Although worth noting that during the covid season people worked up about £400 by paying ten quid for every game.

I've always said that I would be happy to pay the ticket price to watch a live game if I was unable to make it. I understand that is very costly for some people but the club need to balance that against lost revenue on the gate if people watch at home.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TownTV International Subscription on 09:52 - Jul 22 with 2525 viewsurbanblue

TownTV International Subscription on 09:45 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Although worth noting that during the covid season people worked up about £400 by paying ten quid for every game.

I've always said that I would be happy to pay the ticket price to watch a live game if I was unable to make it. I understand that is very costly for some people but the club need to balance that against lost revenue on the gate if people watch at home.

I'm not disputing the fact that for all of you in the UK it may be in the ballpark. It's just that for us abroad (For which iFollow was basically for in the case of live video stream) it represents a big increase.
TownTV International Subscription on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 2494 viewsDaninthecampo

You should still be able to see towntv on your IPTV, i watched the Derby and Charlton games on their own stations which aren't ifollow.
If not just watch our oppositions ifollow
TownTV International Subscription on 10:11 - Jul 22 with 2463 viewsStokieBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 09:35 - Jul 22 by urbanblue

Last year an annual subscription in CAD was the equivalent of 185.21 GBP. This year for the same 9 month service it's 180 GBP.

Looking at the AUD exchange rate for the start of last season it was 0.58 so given your cost that was 151 GBP. Using the same exchange rate it is a bit more expensive for you but at 9x20 GBP it's ~30 GBP difference. Looks like you got a good deal last season.

Looking at the current exchange rate you're looking at 346 AUD instead of 260 AUD. So it's about 44 GBP more including the new pricings and the exchange rate movement.

Town TV does cost a little more but I assume more of the proceeds will go to the club.

SB

TownTV International Subscription on 10:23 - Jul 22 with 2438 viewsGlasgowBlue

TownTV International Subscription on 10:11 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

Last year an annual subscription in CAD was the equivalent of 185.21 GBP. This year for the same 9 month service it's 180 GBP.

Looking at the AUD exchange rate for the start of last season it was 0.58 so given your cost that was 151 GBP. Using the same exchange rate it is a bit more expensive for you but at 9x20 GBP it's ~30 GBP difference. Looks like you got a good deal last season.

Looking at the current exchange rate you're looking at 346 AUD instead of 260 AUD. So it's about 44 GBP more including the new pricings and the exchange rate movement.

Town TV does cost a little more but I assume more of the proceeds will go to the club.

SB

And we are no longer watching League One football.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TownTV International Subscription on 10:40 - Jul 22 with 2391 viewsurbanblue

TownTV International Subscription on 10:11 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

SB

I have to confess that when I saw what you were all paying I realised that, yes, I got a good deal. I guess I should also factor in inflation. Everything is going up after all.
TownTV International Subscription on 10:42 - Jul 22 with 2377 viewsurbanblue

TownTV International Subscription on 10:23 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

And we are no longer watching League One football.

Indeed, it's a consequence of playing with the big boys. I have no doubt the more successful we are the more it will cost us all.
TownTV International Subscription on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 2360 viewsKropotkin123

TownTV International Subscription on 10:40 - Jul 22 by urbanblue

I have to confess that when I saw what you were all paying I realised that, yes, I got a good deal. I guess I should also factor in inflation. Everything is going up after all.

For me the irritation isn't the cost. As an international fan it is the subscription element when the price is in £. I've settled on the work around being moving money into Wise. But in that sense I'm lucky. A one off payment in a foreign currency is much easier to manage than 9 or 12 monthly payments in a foreign currency. There could have easily been a one of payment for the season and if the club are keen on generating money in the off season a price for the season + off season. But they chose to opt for a subscription in the hope that people who don't want the off season content will remain subscribed, at the expense of ease of payment.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

TownTV International Subscription on 10:52 - Jul 22 with 2339 viewsurbanblue

TownTV International Subscription on 10:02 - Jul 22 by Daninthecampo

You should still be able to see towntv on your IPTV, i watched the Derby and Charlton games on their own stations which aren't ifollow.
If not just watch our oppositions ifollow

Actually, that reminds me of the game where iFollow was having major problems (I think it was Charlton). Someone posted a link on here that took me to a site that carried Charlton TV free of charge. Watched the rest of the game with no interference or problems. No logging in, subscribing or anything ...

Yes we could watch oppos iFollow but I like hassle free viewing and getting up in the middle of the night as I do the last thing I want to do is mess around finding sh1t. I'll be supporting my club so Town TV it is
TownTV International Subscription on 10:57 - Jul 22 with 2324 viewsRyorry

TownTV International Subscription on 09:45 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

"lost revenue on the gate if people watch at home."

That point didn't stack up last season, when most games in the last few months at least (can't remember about earlier) were sold out both h & a, and getting tickets was like trying to get your hands on gold dust.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024