Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England through 11:21 - Aug 7 with 946 viewsSteve_M

Second best throughout but, hey, who cares.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England through on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 936 viewshomer_123

Thought Nigeria were excellent, dominated, closed us down and gave us no time at all. A really good performance.

But, after going down to 10, we stuck at it and won on pens!!! Love it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

England through on 11:24 - Aug 7 with 930 viewsitfc_bucks

What a pen to seal it though!
England through on 11:29 - Aug 7 with 895 viewsPinewoodblue

England through on 11:23 - Aug 7 by homer_123

Thought Nigeria were excellent, dominated, closed us down and gave us no time at all. A really good performance.

Pleased to see England players comforting Nigerian keeper and trying to stop the camera man getting too close. Fine sportsmanship.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

England through on 11:31 - Aug 7 with 882 viewsSteve_M

England through on 11:23 - Aug 7 by homer_123

I did think that Nigerian didn't really know how to take advantage of the player advantage, indeed they probably didn't create enough real chances from their good positions.

England through on 11:33 - Aug 7 with 872 viewsRamRob

England through on 11:31 - Aug 7 by Steve_M

I did think that Nigerian didn't really know how to take advantage of the player advantage, indeed they probably didn't create enough real chances from their good positions.

Think their 2 chances where they tried acrobatic overhead kicks probably cost them

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

England through on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 839 viewsLankHenners

England through on 11:31 - Aug 7 by Steve_M

Haven't watched much of the tournament, largely due to the time of the matches, but going off what more informed people are saying it seems like Nigeria weren't really used to having that level of control and their win over Australia was down to being very effective on the counter.

That was the only game they scored any goals in as well so taking the initiative clearly a bit of an issue for them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

England through on 11:48 - Aug 7 with 788 viewsRamRob

England through on 11:39 - Aug 7 by LankHenners

Haven't watched much of the tournament, largely due to the time of the matches, but going off what more informed people are saying it seems like Nigeria weren't really used to having that level of control and their win over Australia was down to being very effective on the counter.

That was the only game they scored any goals in as well so taking the initiative clearly a bit of an issue for them.

So you're saying it was the England tactics to let them have all the play, gotta have some balls to intentionally play that way!

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

England through on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 730 viewsSteve_M

England through on 11:39 - Aug 7 by LankHenners

I've not watched that much for the same reason, far easier to fir afternoon matches into the working day, but it does seem that the over all level has improved and there are fewer big gaps in quality.

Not scoring in three out of four matches is not really unlucky either, I suppose it shows the difference between teams where all players are at top level clubs and those where only some are.

Login to get fewer ads

England through on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 722 viewsWickets

Perhaps but i always thought we were more likely to score , well until we went down to 10 . Could it be that by watching with no sound , as i often do you make up your own mind instead of the commentators ?
England through on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 720 viewsMercian

I don't like 3 at the back. It is vunerable against 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 like Nigeria played. England men are better with a back 4 and last season we were much better after we switched to it.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 12:12]
England through on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 643 viewsFtnfwest

not me
England through on 14:25 - Aug 7 with 612 viewsSteve_M

England through on 12:10 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Perhaps but i always thought we were more likely to score , well until we went down to 10 . Could it be that by watching with no sound , as i often do you make up your own mind instead of the commentators ?

I didn't have sound on half the time but it seemed that everytime I looked up, Nigeria were exploiting space in wide positions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024