Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-league 12:23 - Sep 11 with 1445 viewsSharkey

Well I could no doubt look this up for myself, but any of the Suffolk clubs showing signs of great things this season?
Non-league on 12:32 - Sep 11 with 1399 viewsClapham_Junction

Mildenhall's league record so far is P5 W5. Still too early in some leagues (the Isthmian North Division is still only three games in).

I suspect Sudbury are probably going to get relegated - being moved from the Isthmian League to the Southern League meant several of the players based south of the town didn't want to continue playing (supposedly not helped by a big budget cut despite getting promoted). The same thing happened last time the club were transferred from the Isthmian to the Southern League, and it took years to recover.

The FA really need to introduce fixed boundaries IMO, so clubs keep playing in the same footprint and have certainty from season-to-season which league they'll be playing in.
Non-league on 13:00 - Sep 11 with 1298 viewsSharkey

Non-league on 12:32 - Sep 11 by Clapham_Junction

Mildenhall's league record so far is P5 W5. Still too early in some leagues (the Isthmian North Division is still only three games in).

I suspect Sudbury are probably going to get relegated - being moved from the Isthmian League to the Southern League meant several of the players based south of the town didn't want to continue playing (supposedly not helped by a big budget cut despite getting promoted). The same thing happened last time the club were transferred from the Isthmian to the Southern League, and it took years to recover.

The FA really need to introduce fixed boundaries IMO, so clubs keep playing in the same footprint and have certainty from season-to-season which league they'll be playing in.

Do clubs ever decline promotion when they find out what league they've been put in?
Non-league on 13:09 - Sep 11 with 1271 viewsBseaBlue

Slightly south of Suffolk, Brightlingsea Regent have had a stoming start to the season having played 6 and won 6 in all competitions. Hopefully this form continues!
Non-league on 14:13 - Sep 11 with 1153 viewsSharkey

Non-league on 13:09 - Sep 11 by BseaBlue

Slightly south of Suffolk, Brightlingsea Regent have had a stoming start to the season having played 6 and won 6 in all competitions. Hopefully this form continues!

That's a ground I've been meaning to visit for as long as I can remember.
Non-league on 14:33 - Sep 11 with 1108 viewsstatto72

Non-league on 13:00 - Sep 11 by Sharkey

Do clubs ever decline promotion when they find out what league they've been put in?

Not sure if declining is an option, but Sudbury would surely have seen it coming, given that Leiston, Needham Market etc are in the Southern Central
Non-league on 14:53 - Sep 11 with 1069 viewsVaughan8

In the local league near me (I can't remember who now) there is a team who is regularly near the top and occasionally wins the league but doesn't actually.go.up.

I doubt it's something stopping them so I'm guessing they don't want to?
Non-league on 15:09 - Sep 11 with 1038 viewsClapham_Junction

One or two clubs have backed out over the years, but I seem to recall reading that the FA recently made promotion compulsory (down to step 6), and if you don't take promotion, you are demoted.
Non-league on 19:05 - Sep 11 with 911 viewsemergencylime

Leiston have just announced signing Albie Armin.

Albie was on trial at West Brom and Bournemouth a few months back, so that could be a very interesting addition.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Login to get fewer ads

Non-league on 19:19 - Sep 11 with 878 viewsTresBonne

Local for me is Bury Town. They look a helluva lot better than last year but I think it's playoffs at best.
Non-league on 20:34 - Sep 11 with 799 viewsCoastalblue

Non-league on 13:09 - Sep 11 by BseaBlue

A bit further South but my old team before moving to the big smoke Heybridge Swifts I think are above them on goal difference? A terrific little club and probably another you could visit Sharkey if you haven't within easy striking distance.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024