Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! 20:11 - Sep 23 with 2620 viewsunstableblue

Don’t get me wrong todays game was an absolute joy, and some of our football (and theirs) was of the highest quality. And we had some great performances.

BUT - why wasn’t Davis taken off for Williams and not Clarke?!

Leif was struggling and by the end he was in a really bad way - and may have picked up something longer term.

I felt he almost should have come off and we should have played 10men to spare further damage.

The amazing Hutchison was coming over to help out in the end.

Thoughts?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:16 - Sep 23 with 2501 viewsSwansea_Blue

He wasn’t struggling at the time Williams came on, was he? Clarke also had his hands full with their guy with green boots. Maybe the thinking was to get some fresh legs on to help nullify that threat?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:17 - Sep 23 with 2456 viewsCheese_Sandwich

Was it obvious he was struggling prior to the last substitution?

After that there were no more options, so...

He came back on to help cover to save us the 3 points. It was brave/possibly misguided but we got the win. What can you do?
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 2422 viewsDaninthecampo

Williams is a better defender than Clarke and their sub, Dolan? Was causing issues down the left so was replaced
Leif was fine until his already bruised ankle was hit again
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:21 - Sep 23 with 2405 viewsLankHenners

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:16 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

He wasn’t struggling at the time Williams came on, was he? Clarke also had his hands full with their guy with green boots. Maybe the thinking was to get some fresh legs on to help nullify that threat?

Yeah that sub was, relatively speaking, ages before Davis went down injured.

Williams probably seen as a more solid defender than Clarke.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 2371 viewsunstableblue

I thought he was running below par from the start of the second half.

He was certainly very slow to get to set plays.

I agree that at the time of the Williams sub, he was probably OK. At 60 mins. But by the time of the 78min subs he needed changing.

He was really upset to still be on come the end. And was to injured to join the end of game celebrations.

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 2356 viewsunstableblue

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:20 - Sep 23 by Daninthecampo

Williams is a better defender than Clarke and their sub, Dolan? Was causing issues down the left so was replaced
Leif was fine until his already bruised ankle was hit again

Agree

It was more that by the 78mins subs he looked like he needed replacement

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 2334 viewsunstableblue

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:17 - Sep 23 by Cheese_Sandwich

Was it obvious he was struggling prior to the last substitution?

After that there were no more options, so...

He came back on to help cover to save us the 3 points. It was brave/possibly misguided but we got the win. What can you do?

Take him off and play 10 men for 7mins injury time?

He was wrecking himself.

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 2330 viewsCheese_Sandwich

Quite. If anyone was at all struggling today it was Clarke. Most of their breaks were coming down that side.

Nothing to dislike about Clarke, but if there is a chink in the armour it wouldn't be unfair to consider it being him at the moment. Hopefully he'll improve as time goes on.
Login to get fewer ads

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:34 - Sep 23 with 2243 viewsChurchman

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:26 - Sep 23 by Cheese_Sandwich

Quite. If anyone was at all struggling today it was Clarke. Most of their breaks were coming down that side.

Nothing to dislike about Clarke, but if there is a chink in the armour it wouldn't be unfair to consider it being him at the moment. Hopefully he'll improve as time goes on.

Yes, we were punished down that side and Harry has plenty to learn. But Clarke is young. He’s 22 and defensively will improve. He’s big, strong, brave and got a great attitude. A future Centre Half? He’s a big asset to us.

And his goal? Talking about putting your foot through it. I was more or less behind him when he hit it and three keepers and a brick wall wouldn’t have kept it out.
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:38 - Sep 23 with 2194 viewsbilllm

Totally agree he had a poor second half,personally he shouldn't have started,
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:40 - Sep 23 with 2162 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:26 - Sep 23 by unstableblue

Take him off and play 10 men for 7mins injury time?

He was wrecking himself.

He has a week to recover before our next match that he will potentially be involved in. I guess the medical and management team know what the original injury is and were happy that being a body on the pitch wasn't going to make it significantly worse.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:53 - Sep 23 with 1994 viewsArnieM

I was amazed he was even fit enough to play today given his injury at Weds last Saturday.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:56 - Sep 23 with 1948 viewsITFCBlues

He got injured making a block in the 91st minute. Looked like a slight twist of the ankle. Was fine before then.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 1942 viewsBonchosBicycle

Clarke looked spent by that point and was having a little trouble handling things I thought. I think it was the right time for him to come off. In hindsight it would have been good to have someone in reserve for Leif but props to him for trying to keep going when clearly in pain. Hope he didn't damage himself further.
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 1933 viewsITFCBlues

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:38 - Sep 23 by billlm

Totally agree he had a poor second half,personally he shouldn't have started,

Poor and yet still managed to create 5 chances in the game?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:58 - Sep 23 with 1923 viewslongtimefan

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:23 - Sep 23 by unstableblue

I thought he was running below par from the start of the second half.

He was certainly very slow to get to set plays.

I agree that at the time of the Williams sub, he was probably OK. At 60 mins. But by the time of the 78min subs he needed changing.

He was really upset to still be on come the end. And was to injured to join the end of game celebrations.

I didn’t think he was struggling noticeably until he was caught late on by the touch line. By that time we’d made all our substitutions.
What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 21:14 - Sep 23 with 1747 viewsunstableblue

What on Earth was going on with Davis?! on 20:56 - Sep 23 by ITFCBlues

He got injured making a block in the 91st minute. Looked like a slight twist of the ankle. Was fine before then.

He 100% was not fine before then… struggled for the last 15mins of normal time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024