Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new breed of town fan? 14:11 - Oct 2 with 4880 viewsTractorgirlforever

Im not sure if its me just being old but there seems to be a few of the younger fans who dont seem to be inkeeping with our good reputation!. At huddersfield before the match, outside the ground, there was a young woman ipswich follower actually screaming at the top of her voice right in the faces of huddersfield fans " youre only here for the ipswich". Im fine with a bit of banter during the match but i found this to be really embarrassing as a town fan. Also the lad, maybe aged 18-20 standing next to me for the whole of the 2nd half was standing in my space, directly infront of me, it was just so rude!.. im a 55 year olf 5ft 3 woman !.. totally disrespectful.
The new breed of town fan? on 14:21 - Oct 2 with 4279 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's just the new generation of what is a teen nowadays.

For football matches its even worse, they think everything's funny if it's an insult. The worse one is the funnier they find it.

But even sht chants like the one you mention gets them all excited.

Unfortunately there is 0 anyone can do about it other than ignore it and pray they grow up soon. Unfortunately based on what I saw at the reading game.. even mid 20 year olds nowadays are idiots. So it may take a while.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The new breed of town fan? on 14:26 - Oct 2 with 4255 viewstextbackup

Normally this type turn up when we are doing well, and often behaviours slapped out of them by the older generation that can’t be arsed to have their days ruined.
It’s only a matter of time before people piss off the wrong person, I did it as an 18 year old (accidently I might add, but I learnt a lesson)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The new breed of town fan? on 14:32 - Oct 2 with 4220 viewsMattinLondon

People see what they want to see. I’ve been to plenty of matches where the biggest idiots were blokes in their forties or fifties. Like most clubs, we have fans who are complete embarrassment- even more so after a few drinks - but I don’t think it’s a generational top-heavy in favour of one age group.
The new breed of town fan? on 14:54 - Oct 2 with 4069 viewsJambo

The new breed of town fan? on 14:26 - Oct 2 by textbackup

Normally this type turn up when we are doing well, and often behaviours slapped out of them by the older generation that can’t be arsed to have their days ruined.
It’s only a matter of time before people piss off the wrong person, I did it as an 18 year old (accidently I might add, but I learnt a lesson)

Did it involve a coffee mug?
The new breed of town fan? on 15:11 - Oct 2 with 3922 viewsTractorgirlforever

The new breed of town fan? on 14:32 - Oct 2 by MattinLondon

People see what they want to see. I’ve been to plenty of matches where the biggest idiots were blokes in their forties or fifties. Like most clubs, we have fans who are complete embarrassment- even more so after a few drinks - but I don’t think it’s a generational top-heavy in favour of one age group.

I think i found it more embarrassing because it was coming from a woman. It was a kind of "wow" moment!
The new breed of town fan? on 15:19 - Oct 2 with 3844 viewstivo

We were all kids once. After a few seasons of integrating with other town fans and maturing they will get into the same rhythm as the rest of us.

If my FB memories teach me anything; it's that we were all absolute berks at that age but don't really remember it unless there is proof.
The new breed of town fan? on 15:19 - Oct 2 with 3839 viewsMeadowlark

I see it at Portman Road too. Young blokes who spend the whole match looking at the opposing fans, making gestures and shouting, and don't appear to have any interest in the football.
The new breed of town fan? on 21:38 - Oct 2 with 3296 viewslizzibee

The new breed of town fan? on 15:19 - Oct 2 by Meadowlark

I see it at Portman Road too. Young blokes who spend the whole match looking at the opposing fans, making gestures and shouting, and don't appear to have any interest in the football.

good old football banter. most can manage that and follow the game - perfect multi-tasking.
Login to get fewer ads

The new breed of town fan? on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 3215 viewsBLUEBEAT

Did you ask the boy to move from your space?

Poll: W or W

The new breed of town fan? on 22:41 - Oct 2 with 3057 viewsSwansea_Blue

The new breed of town fan? on 15:19 - Oct 2 by Meadowlark

I don’t think that’s restricted to the youngsters. It may be at FPR, but nationally there seems to be a middle aged wannabe hooligan element that spends their whole time goading opposition fans. I’ve seen them at loads of grounds. Normally on the large side, balding, not too tall, trying to fit in chavvy designer clothes of a 20 year old, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The new breed of town fan? on 22:46 - Oct 2 with 3042 viewsWeWereZombies

The new breed of town fan? on 21:51 - Oct 2 by BLUEBEAT

Not everyone has the confidence to do that, especially if they have found the conduct intimidating in the first place. I think the OP's valid point is that it should not have happened in the first instance anyway. Very disappointed in MattInLondon (an often pertinent and informed poster) and lizzibee's down votes there.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The new breed of town fan? on 23:26 - Oct 2 with 2917 viewsStewart27

The new breed of town fan? on 14:21 - Oct 2 by FrimleyBlue

It's just the new generation of what is a teen nowadays.

For football matches its even worse, they think everything's funny if it's an insult. The worse one is the funnier they find it.

But even sht chants like the one you mention gets them all excited.

Unfortunately there is 0 anyone can do about it other than ignore it and pray they grow up soon. Unfortunately based on what I saw at the reading game.. even mid 20 year olds nowadays are idiots. So it may take a while.

Nah.

I was like it as a teen nearly 3 decades ago.
The new breed of town fan? on 23:30 - Oct 2 with 2902 viewsBLUEBEAT

The new breed of town fan? on 22:46 - Oct 2 by WeWereZombies

Not everyone has the confidence to do that, especially if they have found the conduct intimidating in the first place. I think the OP's valid point is that it should not have happened in the first instance anyway. Very disappointed in MattInLondon (an often pertinent and informed poster) and lizzibee's down votes there.

I know. But the question stands. I’m interested to know.

Poll: W or W

The new breed of town fan? on 05:10 - Oct 3 with 2739 viewsTractorgirlforever

The new breed of town fan? on 21:51 - Oct 2 by BLUEBEAT

No i didnt ask him to move, i nudged him once or twice but it had no effect!. The man with him i assume was his dad ,i was kind of hoping he would say something but he didnt. After the game the man on my other side said i bet youre glad hes gone arent you! . I was on my own at the game and im fairly quiet so didnt want to say anything. If it was my kid standing infront of somebody tho i would definitely tell him to move over.
The new breed of town fan? on 08:05 - Oct 3 with 2401 viewsBuhrer

The new breed of town fan? on 05:10 - Oct 3 by Tractorgirlforever

No i didnt ask him to move, i nudged him once or twice but it had no effect!. The man with him i assume was his dad ,i was kind of hoping he would say something but he didnt. After the game the man on my other side said i bet youre glad hes gone arent you! . I was on my own at the game and im fairly quiet so didnt want to say anything. If it was my kid standing infront of somebody tho i would definitely tell him to move over.

So you didnt bother speaking to someone who was making an easily corrected mistake.., just pushed him a bit. Then you come to the Internet to disparage a whole generation based on your inability to manage a simple social interaction. Is that the old breed of Town fan?

I went to Stevenage away and a big lad was standing in front of the wife, "excuse me" she said. He moved. End of that story. I didn't take him moving as indicating the younger generation are all compliant.
The new breed of town fan? on 08:31 - Oct 3 with 2343 viewstextbackup

The new breed of town fan? on 08:05 - Oct 3 by Buhrer

So you didnt bother speaking to someone who was making an easily corrected mistake.., just pushed him a bit. Then you come to the Internet to disparage a whole generation based on your inability to manage a simple social interaction. Is that the old breed of Town fan?

I went to Stevenage away and a big lad was standing in front of the wife, "excuse me" she said. He moved. End of that story. I didn't take him moving as indicating the younger generation are all compliant.

What a d1ckhead reply to a post where she states she’s a female support attending alone and is a quiet person.

This situation doesn’t happen if an ounce of being aware of surroundings is adhered too.

The new breed of town fan? on 08:33 - Oct 3 with 2330 viewsBuhrer

The new breed of town fan? on 08:31 - Oct 3 by textbackup

What a d1ckhead reply to a post where she states she’s a female support attending alone and is a quiet person.

This situation doesn’t happen if an ounce of being aware of surroundings is adhered too.

Far more reasonable to take to the interwebz to slander a generation x or just speak to a steward?

And brave enough to nudge?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 8:34]
The new breed of town fan? on 08:39 - Oct 3 with 2280 viewsDJR

The new breed of town fan? on 23:26 - Oct 2 by Stewart27

Nah.

I was like it as a teen nearly 3 decades ago.

The thing though is that years ago, those (of whatever age) interested in such things tended to congregate together, and if you didn't want to have anything to do with it you didn't stand near them.

These days, with all-seater stadia, people have no option about who they sit with or near.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 8:47]
The new breed of town fan? on 08:40 - Oct 3 with 2261 viewsBiGDonnie

Could you have sat down and watched through his legs?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The new breed of town fan? on 08:45 - Oct 3 with 2220 viewsSuffolktractor

The new breed of town fan? on 08:33 - Oct 3 by Buhrer

Far more reasonable to take to the interwebz to slander a generation x or just speak to a steward?

I don’t think she is slandering a whole generation, merely making a fair point about the behaviour of a few, who can sometimes make it quite unpleasant for a lot of people.
The new breed of town fan? on 08:49 - Oct 3 with 2172 viewstextbackup

The new breed of town fan? on 08:33 - Oct 3 by Buhrer

It’s you I now feel for, as opposed to the OP. If you don’t see it, that’s on you

The new breed of town fan? on 08:51 - Oct 3 with 2167 viewsPippin1970

I'm glad we getting more Ipswich fans. My daughters no interest in football but my 8 Yr old grandson is. He loves shouting for Ipswich. Last Yr away at Fleetwood a dad and son in front of me. He giving abuse to Fleetwood but constantly seeing if son was OK. Generations of football fans when we eventually pass away . Then onto next set of fans.
The new breed of town fan? on 08:54 - Oct 3 with 2130 viewsBlueStreak

The new breed of town fan? on 08:05 - Oct 3 by Buhrer

Such a kn0bhead response. Grow up.
The new breed of town fan? on 09:09 - Oct 3 with 2075 viewsJrm_72

The new breed of town fan? on 14:32 - Oct 2 by MattinLondon

I had this at the Blackburn game, sat behind me in the Cobbold.

3 pissed up blokes in 40's/50's - having a competition as to who could shout the c word the loudest (like an x-rated Dick and Dom if anyone gets that reference). Continually hitting my brother and myself in the back of the head with over gesticulation, and generally being gob-sh!tes as my ex-wife would say.

Worst of all, found it hilarious to keep stealing a lady sitting to my right's walking stick, and kicking it as far away from her as possible. We retrieved it for her three times at least. Pathetic.
The new breed of town fan? on 09:14 - Oct 3 with 2041 viewsDJR

The new breed of town fan? on 09:09 - Oct 3 by Jrm_72

I had this at the Blackburn game, sat behind me in the Cobbold.

3 pissed up blokes in 40's/50's - having a competition as to who could shout the c word the loudest (like an x-rated Dick and Dom if anyone gets that reference). Continually hitting my brother and myself in the back of the head with over gesticulation, and generally being gob-sh!tes as my ex-wife would say.

Worst of all, found it hilarious to keep stealing a lady sitting to my right's walking stick, and kicking it as far away from her as possible. We retrieved it for her three times at least. Pathetic.

As I suggested above, people like that when stadia were not all-seater would likely have gone into the North Stand, and I certainly can't believe would have been in the Cobbold Stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024