Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drummer 21:07 - Oct 28 with 1602 viewsTommy_ITFC

Just seen we had a drummer at Bristol. Not sure what others think but I feel this isn't a good thing. We should be able to generate a good atmosphere without a drummer at an away game. This could be a new think because the few I've been able to get to in the last year or so I haven't heard it.
Drummer on 21:08 - Oct 28 with 1567 viewsMullet

He's been doing it for 3 or 4 years and more power to him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Drummer on 21:09 - Oct 28 with 1554 viewsdavblue

Think there’s far more important things to worry about than that, really a non issue.
Drummer on 21:19 - Oct 28 with 1497 viewspennblue

it helps get things going. We actually need a couple more assistant drummers as we seem to be unable to sing any song in time across a block

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Drummer on 21:21 - Oct 28 with 1489 viewsIllinoisblue

Team in the best form for literally generations and yet there’s always something to moan about. Never change, football fans, never change. (Actually, do change, please)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drummer on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 1452 viewsSwansea_Blue

Drummer on 21:08 - Oct 28 by Mullet

He's been doing it for 3 or 4 years and more power to him.

^all of this

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drummer on 21:27 - Oct 28 with 1446 viewsTommy_ITFC

Drummer on 21:21 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

Team in the best form for literally generations and yet there’s always something to moan about. Never change, football fans, never change. (Actually, do change, please)

Don't get me wrong I love everything about our club at the moment, especially our fans, which is why it concerns me that we must have a drummer at an away game when we should be able to sing in fine voice without it. Just my opinion.
Drummer on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 1428 viewsSitfcB

Drummer on 21:21 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

They’re moaning about the PA speakers and the scoreboards on the Facebook.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Drummer on 21:34 - Oct 28 with 1431 viewsGuthrum

I was sat just along from him at Bristol. Deafening, but really drives the singing along.

The lad has good stamina, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Drummer on 22:25 - Oct 28 with 1298 viewsIllinoisblue

Drummer on 21:27 - Oct 28 by Tommy_ITFC

Don't get me wrong I love everything about our club at the moment, especially our fans, which is why it concerns me that we must have a drummer at an away game when we should be able to sing in fine voice without it. Just my opinion.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drummer on 08:11 - Oct 29 with 1029 viewspennblue

Drummer on 21:27 - Oct 28 by Tommy_ITFC

I think the away support is always good if we are close to home and winning. That isn't really the issue. What we have learn't is that like yesterday, there are periods in the game that we really need to get behind the team. For these periods in particular, the drummer is especially useful in keeping the song going for long periods of time. These repeated waves of bringing a song back 5, 6, 7 times until the entire support base joins in (because there are a LOT of people that don't sing by default in the North Stand) are incredibly powerful as they lift the whole ground, and the team.

It is not easy to measure the psychological impact of this, but I personally think it is huge, like it can convert a would be draw into a win.

This is why Morsy and Omari were trying to gee the North Stand up yesterday as they NEED our support. The support was a bit weak quite frankly, but at least the supporters are sticking behind the team during these tougher periods now.

But our support still needs more work, hopefully the new kids coming through will further help this, and we can get a few more of them into the North Stand.

In the olden days, you could start up a song and you would have 10-20 people join in with you. These days there are far fewer willing to stick their necks out. It is annoying as those players are giving their all for us.

Anyway, rant over, back to your original point, no, we cannot always just sing in fine voice without it, it helps.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Drummer on 08:19 - Oct 29 with 998 viewsbritbiker

What we need is bagpipes and drums.
Drummer on 08:30 - Oct 29 with 960 viewsNeedhamChris

You're complaining about something at a game you weren't at?

The absence of complaints from those actually at the game says more to me.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Drummer on 09:30 - Oct 29 with 882 viewsWeWereZombies

Drummer on 08:19 - Oct 29 by britbiker

What we need is bagpipes and drums.

And harps for when Taylor scores the last minute Worldie that confirms promotion...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Drummer on 09:35 - Oct 29 with 865 viewsevansblue

I love a good drum to get the fans going. Went to Huddersfield and we were “drumless” and the Huddersfield drummer certainly lifted their fans right next to us. Every stand should have one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024