Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy 11:23 - Nov 30 with 1907 views_clive_baker_

How many yellows is he on now, is it 8? It's a 2 game suspension at 10 isn't it? Before the slate is wiped clean.

I'm starting to fear he might miss a couple of big ones, potentially 1 or 2 of Norwich, Leeds, Leicester depending on when (if) those yellows come. I can't see him getting through 90 minutes at Watford without leaving one on Livermore, he's a sh1thouse.

Bit of a tightrope innit.

Morsy on 11:27 - Nov 30 with 1875 viewsBent_double

Yes, just 3 games to not get 2 yellows (or a red, obviously). Absolutely want to see him and Massimo against Noj.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Morsy on 11:29 - Nov 30 with 1858 views_clive_baker_

Morsy on 11:27 - Nov 30 by Bent_double

Yes, just 3 games to not get 2 yellows (or a red, obviously). Absolutely want to see him and Massimo against Noj.

That would keep him available for Norwich, but a yellow against them would mean he misses Leeds and Leicester. Not sure which is preferrable tbh. Well, obviously the preference is he keeps his powder dry and doesn't miss any of them, it just feels a little unlikely to me!
Morsy on 11:32 - Nov 30 with 1835 viewsBent_double

Morsy on 11:29 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

That would keep him available for Norwich, but a yellow against them would mean he misses Leeds and Leicester. Not sure which is preferrable tbh. Well, obviously the preference is he keeps his powder dry and doesn't miss any of them, it just feels a little unlikely to me!

I'm really undecided on this: lose to Noj but beat Leicester and Leeds, or beat Noj comfortably to get that monkey off our back, but then lose to one of the others....can't decide.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Morsy on 11:34 - Nov 30 with 1817 views_clive_baker_

Morsy on 11:32 - Nov 30 by Bent_double

I'm really undecided on this: lose to Noj but beat Leicester and Leeds, or beat Noj comfortably to get that monkey off our back, but then lose to one of the others....can't decide.

Win them all mate. Easy.
Morsy on 11:36 - Nov 30 with 1793 viewsSWBlue22

Morsy on 11:29 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

We have more chance of beating noj without Morsy than Leeds or Leicester in fact I’m certain we probably lose both Leeds and Leicester games without him. But hopefully he plays all 3 and we win all 3 and then maybe we should start to believe.
The frustration is that.... on 11:37 - Nov 30 with 1791 viewsBloots

...we had the same situation last season, where he racked up loads of bookings and got within one of another suspension for some vital games, and he just suddenly stopped getting booked.

Ended up not missing any more.

It shows that he can control himself when he needs to, and really doesn't need to leave himself at the mercy of a crappy referee's decision.

I've already accepted that he's going to miss the norwich match, but it's OK because Taylor scores 2 screamers as his replacement.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

The frustration is that.... on 11:43 - Nov 30 with 1741 views_clive_baker_

The frustration is that.... on 11:37 - Nov 30 by Bloots

...we had the same situation last season, where he racked up loads of bookings and got within one of another suspension for some vital games, and he just suddenly stopped getting booked.

Ended up not missing any more.

It shows that he can control himself when he needs to, and really doesn't need to leave himself at the mercy of a crappy referee's decision.

I've already accepted that he's going to miss the norwich match, but it's OK because Taylor scores 2 screamers as his replacement.

That's true, although I think it was easier for him to play in 3rd gear last season against some of the absolute dog sh1t we were up against.

Boro, Watford, Norwich, Leeds, Leicester is a different kettle of fish.
Morsy on 11:47 - Nov 30 with 1721 viewsSomethingBlue

It's going to happen soon, question is whether it might actually be better to get it out of the way this month given we'll miss Luongo in January. No way he navigates the next few without picking a card or two up, we'll be up against better players in a lot of these games and will have to be at full stretch.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy on 11:49 - Nov 30 with 1704 viewsEastTownBlue

Re after 10 yellow cards. 15 yellows by the end of the season is a 3 match ban.

Burns, Williams and Luongo have one more match to avoid a suspension for five yellows.
True, true. (n/t) on 11:50 - Nov 30 with 1693 viewsBloots

The frustration is that.... on 11:43 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

That's true, although I think it was easier for him to play in 3rd gear last season against some of the absolute dog sh1t we were up against.

Boro, Watford, Norwich, Leeds, Leicester is a different kettle of fish.

True, true. (n/t) on 11:52 - Nov 30 with 1657 viewstextbackup

True, true. (n/t) on 11:50 - Nov 30 by Bloots

Looks like you’ll be getting a call up mate, midfield boss

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 11:53 - Nov 30 with 1654 views_clive_baker_

Morsy on 11:47 - Nov 30 by SomethingBlue

It's going to happen soon, question is whether it might actually be better to get it out of the way this month given we'll miss Luongo in January. No way he navigates the next few without picking a card or two up, we'll be up against better players in a lot of these games and will have to be at full stretch.

Is there a point at which the slate is wiped? I'm sure there used to be.
Morsy on 11:57 - Nov 30 with 1632 viewstractorboy1978

Morsy on 11:53 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

It is sometime in February for 10 and after this weekend for 5.

We've had some really questionable bookings this season. I'm not claiming that is exclusive to us but you can't legislate for these refs just throwing a card about for very little. Luongo last night was a prime example, his first minor foul of the game - yellow.
Morsy on 12:00 - Nov 30 with 1600 viewsEastTownBlue

Morsy on 11:53 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

Match 37 for 10, which at present is Cardiff in March.
I was a marauding left back…. on 12:44 - Nov 30 with 1437 viewsBloots

True, true. (n/t) on 11:52 - Nov 30 by textbackup

Looks like you’ll be getting a call up mate, midfield boss

….in my younger days. Like Leif, but a bit better.

Then I moved into more of a midfield playmaker as my legs went.

Then I just abused my body with drink and drugs, and gave up.

Great times.

Morsy on 22:35 - Nov 30 with 1173 viewsX0Y0

It's one reason his yellow at WBA was so frustrating. It was unneccessary given the stage in the game (2-0 down) and position on the pitch, but I guess you have to accept it as part of his edge and fire he brings to the team.

If he had three yellows in hand then I would back him to make it through. But, there's no way he avoids one against Norwich, and he would do well to get through the three before that - which includes away fixtures against Middlesborough and Watford - without a single card.

I've always found the arbitrary nature of which fixtures players miss during a disciplinary ban hard to swallow.
Morsy on 09:05 - Dec 1 with 977 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s going to be suspended at some point. The question is do we start Taylor-Mass or does Ball feature again?

I know I keep banging on but I’d love to see Humphrey’s get some Championship game time too.
Morsy on 09:27 - Dec 1 with 918 viewsElderGrizzly

I don't think we can afford to rest him though.

3 points is 3 points so rack them up while he's not suspended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024