Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points over next 2 games? 13:21 - Dec 18 with 5481 viewsitfcjoe

Personally, I'd be happy with 2 or more....sounds unambitious but either means

2 - unbeaten, wouldn't really lose much ground on anything
3 - win one, lose one, turns this tough 8 game run into a 16 point haul
4 - Would be incredible
6 - out of this world, and get the PL plans started

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Points over next 2 games? on 09:22 - Dec 19 with 714 viewsHerbivore

Points over next 2 games? on 09:17 - Dec 19 by CobboldCrusty

Feels like a lot of people have already written us off at Elland Road. I don't get that... we are the team playing better football at the moment and have only lost one game on the road. They outplayed us for 15 minutes earlier in the season which cost us but they don't even have that set of players in attack now. I think McKenna will have them doing a lot of defensive work this week - their attackers are good but not unstoppable!

I think it will be a very closely contested game.

I don't think anyone has written off, just acknowledging that avoiding defeat there would be a good result. Their home record is excellent and they have some top quality players in their side. We're pretty good ourselves so I'm not expecting us to get blown away, but objectively a point is a good result for us there and I imagine most of us would be pretty happy with a point. That doesn't mean we should play for a draw and I doubt we will, and I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we did beat them, but if we did it would be a fantastic result and not one we should expect necessarily.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Points over next 2 games? on 09:39 - Dec 19 with 653 views_clive_baker_

Points over next 2 games? on 09:05 - Dec 19 by orfordbuoy

I remember a lad and I got hammered on here for taking on the narrative that a draw against Middlesbrough would be a good result. Watford - again, draw would be a good result! Now 2 more draws.

If we are serious about finishing top 2 - draws won't take us there,

A draw away at Leeds could go a long way to getting us there though.

Nobody is saying they want 24 point from the next 24 games, but the games aren't born equal. I would 100% take a point if offered it now.
Points over next 2 games? on 09:42 - Dec 19 with 642 viewsHerbivore

Points over next 2 games? on 09:39 - Dec 19 by _clive_baker_

A draw away at Leeds could go a long way to getting us there though.

Nobody is saying they want 24 point from the next 24 games, but the games aren't born equal. I would 100% take a point if offered it now.

Wouldn't even get on the bus.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Points over next 2 games? on 09:44 - Dec 19 with 630 views_clive_baker_

Points over next 2 games? on 04:37 - Dec 19 by IPS_wich

Just as long as we beat Leeds I don't really care that much about Leicester (I will probably change my tune come Boxing Day).

If that happens then worst case scenario is that Saints are seven points behind us (they have two straight forward games on paper) and Leeds are 10 points - going into the last game of the calendar year against QPR.

We then have two easier games (QPR and Stoke), whilst Saints play Plymouth (at St Marys so should win easily) and then away to Norwich (their hardest game of the festive season).

So - we then hope that Norwich draw against Saints and we go into FA Cup Third Round 9 points ahead of Saints and at least 10 points ahead of Leeds.

That makes a draw or win against Leicester just a free hit really.

Lose to Leeds and it starts to get uncomfortable and we then need to hope that West Brom beat Leeds on the 29th.

Stoke have been inconsistent this season but going away there on NYD is far from an easy game.
Points over next 2 games? on 09:47 - Dec 19 with 616 viewsFrimleyBlue

Points over next 2 games? on 09:44 - Dec 19 by _clive_baker_

Stoke have been inconsistent this season but going away there on NYD is far from an easy game.

Esp with a new manager who seems to give us awkward games. And probably sign whittaker by 12pm that day

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Points over next 2 games? on 09:50 - Dec 19 with 610 views_clive_baker_

Points over next 2 games? on 09:47 - Dec 19 by FrimleyBlue

Esp with a new manager who seems to give us awkward games. And probably sign whittaker by 12pm that day

Yep, will only be his 2nd home game. Hopefully Watford slap them about a few days prior and burst the bubble a little.

How's the hangover?
In summary - there's a chance of 4. Which would be incredible (n/t) (n/t) on 10:29 - Dec 19 with 560 viewsBluespeed225

In summary - there's a chance of 4. Which would be incredible (n/t) (n/t) on 13:37 - Dec 18 by unstableblue

I fancy us at Elland Road
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 13:40]

Me too. I think they’ll have the crowd on their backs if they don’t score early. Southampton are my worry. Looking like they’ve hit some form, they’ve reeled in Leeds. Leicester , is that a ‘free hit’ for us? They look Prem’ bound, but have to look over their shoulder at us, they might come for a point? QPR. I can see us huff and puff a bit after a heavy month, need the crowd to stay with it, be patient. January, we’ll see who comes in, not much needed, then have everyone up to speed if we lose Mass and Burg’ for a spell. Morsy gets his suspension out of the way, new player(s) bedded in, lads come Back from international duty, then full steam ahead to May!
In summary - there's a chance of 4. Which would be incredible (n/t) (n/t) on 10:45 - Dec 19 with 536 viewsorfordbuoy

In summary - there's a chance of 4. Which would be incredible (n/t) (n/t) on 10:29 - Dec 19 by Bluespeed225

Me too. I think they’ll have the crowd on their backs if they don’t score early. Southampton are my worry. Looking like they’ve hit some form, they’ve reeled in Leeds. Leicester , is that a ‘free hit’ for us? They look Prem’ bound, but have to look over their shoulder at us, they might come for a point? QPR. I can see us huff and puff a bit after a heavy month, need the crowd to stay with it, be patient. January, we’ll see who comes in, not much needed, then have everyone up to speed if we lose Mass and Burg’ for a spell. Morsy gets his suspension out of the way, new player(s) bedded in, lads come Back from international duty, then full steam ahead to May!

I know forums are a tiny sample population of 'the fan base' and no more represent the supporters' feelings than The Pope does God's, but the Southampton and Leeds' forums assume Leicester are going up and Town need to be hunted down.

Taking that assumption (which I have done previously) a Leeds win would allow us that free hit at Leicester and ease, a little, the pressure to keep winning in January. A draw is not a tragedy, of course, but - fook it, we're gonna beat Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Points over next 2 games? on 11:45 - Dec 19 with 472 viewsGuthrum

Points over next 2 games? on 09:05 - Dec 19 by orfordbuoy

I remember a lad and I got hammered on here for taking on the narrative that a draw against Middlesbrough would be a good result. Watford - again, draw would be a good result! Now 2 more draws.

If we are serious about finishing top 2 - draws won't take us there,

Unlike Boro and Watford, Leeds are our closest challenger for second spot (strictly speaking, Southampton also are*). Beating us would narrow the gap. A draw maintain it at the present level.

In terms of amassing the points needed for promotion, we can get those from less tough opponents than Leeds (as we have done so far).

A win on Saturday would be excellent, but is not vital. Not losing is the priority.

I don't feel we have anything particularly to fear from Leeds. We should - and undoubtedly will - be pushing for a victory. It's entirely within our capabilities. But if we partially slip up, it's not the end of the world.

* Tho they feel somehow weaker. Perhaps it's the relentless, aggressive Leeds hype filling the internet which gives a flase impression of strength.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 11:46]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Points over next 2 games? on 12:15 - Dec 19 with 430 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Points over next 2 games? on 14:55 - Dec 18 by tractorboy1978

I'd take two. Anything more is fantastic.

It'll be interesting to see how we play Leeds. I don't think it's in McKenna's nature to deviate from his principles or change anything too drastically but he's not going to want to make it a basketball match like we had at PR.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 14:56]

To be fair Williams had a bit of a shaky debut in that match, everyone there now is more accustomed to our style of play and their team mates now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024