Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points over next 2 games? 13:21 - Dec 18 with 5482 viewsitfcjoe

Personally, I'd be happy with 2 or more....sounds unambitious but either means

2 - unbeaten, wouldn't really lose much ground on anything
3 - win one, lose one, turns this tough 8 game run into a 16 point haul
4 - Would be incredible
6 - out of this world, and get the PL plans started

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:24 - Dec 18 with 3357 viewstextbackup

I’d take 2 now if offered.

That said, this team has 4 in them (IMHO)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Points over next 2 games? on 13:24 - Dec 18 with 3359 views_clive_baker_

2 unbeaten could lose us 2 points to Leeds and 4 to Southampton to be fair, especially with their fixtures.

I think we'll draw on Boxing day. Leeds really could go either way, they looked the real deal at PR but there's been a bit of change. We've probably acclimatised a little since then too. They're a good side though, no doubt.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 13:25]
Points over next 2 games? on 13:24 - Dec 18 with 3350 viewsHerbivore

Two would be good. Three plus very good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:31 - Dec 18 with 3292 viewsIllinoisblue

I think it’ll be just 1 point. Hopefully wrong on that. Draw at Leeds lose to Leicester

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:34 - Dec 18 with 3276 viewstextbackup

Points over next 2 games? on 13:31 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

I think it’ll be just 1 point. Hopefully wrong on that. Draw at Leeds lose to Leicester

If we get a point at Leeds I think everyone will be buzzing and we go on to beat Leicester.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Points over next 2 games? on 13:36 - Dec 18 with 3261 viewsMeadowlark

6 please?

I said we'd beat Midds, Watford, Budgies, Leeds and Leicester at the start of this run. Of course we should have been out of sight at halftime on Saturday, but I stand by the remaining predictions!

We are the best team in this league.
Points over next 2 games? on 13:36 - Dec 18 with 3261 viewsunstableblue

Perfect summary of how I see the potential points return, and the level of achievement.

I rewatched the derby game in the cold light of a Sunday evening, and I thought we played very well, and were strong opposition. We fluffed some chances. And I think Hutchison got overawed and didn't give that difference we needed. Harness looked polished.

But the point about Saturday is that we reduced a Norwich team with good players, AND who brought a lot of energy to a low block and desperate defending for most of the second half.

I think it bodes well for the next two fixtures as Leeds/Leicester won't bring as much fight.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

In summary - there's a chance of 4. Which would be incredible (n/t) (n/t) on 13:37 - Dec 18 with 3249 viewsunstableblue

Points over next 2 games? on 13:36 - Dec 18 by unstableblue

Perfect summary of how I see the potential points return, and the level of achievement.

I rewatched the derby game in the cold light of a Sunday evening, and I thought we played very well, and were strong opposition. We fluffed some chances. And I think Hutchison got overawed and didn't give that difference we needed. Harness looked polished.

But the point about Saturday is that we reduced a Norwich team with good players, AND who brought a lot of energy to a low block and desperate defending for most of the second half.

I think it bodes well for the next two fixtures as Leeds/Leicester won't bring as much fight.

I fancy us at Elland Road
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 13:40]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Points over next 2 games? on 13:39 - Dec 18 with 3221 viewsBiGDonnie

I'll take option 4 please, 6 points.

Cheers.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:45 - Dec 18 with 3172 viewshomer_123

I'll take not losing at Leeds.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 3154 viewsKieran_Knows

3 points. Lose at Leeds, beat Leicester.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Points over next 2 games? on 13:47 - Dec 18 with 3148 viewsLeoMuff

Points over next 2 games? on 13:36 - Dec 18 by unstableblue

Could not understand why Omari didn’t put his foot through that parry from Broadhead towards the end.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Points over next 2 games? on 13:48 - Dec 18 with 3135 viewsBlueBadger

6 points, 6 goals

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 3099 viewsJ2BLUE

I would take beating Leeds and losing to Leicester.

Only problem with 2 points is Southampton could gain 4 on us but it would still be a great return.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:51 - Dec 18 with 3086 viewsBlueStreak

Points over next 2 games? on 13:36 - Dec 18 by Meadowlark

6 please?

I said we'd beat Midds, Watford, Budgies, Leeds and Leicester at the start of this run. Of course we should have been out of sight at halftime on Saturday, but I stand by the remaining predictions!

We are the best team in this league.

Easy now, that arrogance isn't a good look.
Points over next 2 games? on 13:52 - Dec 18 with 3073 viewsDubtractor

2 points or more would make me very happy.

Would mean a minimum 6 point gap to 3rd after a tricky run of games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Points over next 2 games? on 13:53 - Dec 18 with 3053 viewshomer_123

Points over next 2 games? on 13:48 - Dec 18 by BlueBadger

6 points, 6 goals

You just want a moon on a stick, badger!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Points over next 2 games? on 13:53 - Dec 18 with 3053 viewsDubtractor

Points over next 2 games? on 13:47 - Dec 18 by LeoMuff

Could not understand why Omari didn’t put his foot through that parry from Broadhead towards the end.

To be fair it came to him at waist height, really tricky one to take first time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Points over next 2 games? on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 3026 viewsGarv

Hard to say whether I'd take two points if offered but I'd be fairly happy with it. As some have mentioned though Southampton aren't going away, so there's something to think about.

History (very recent history i.e the last two weeks) tells us we should back ourselves to win at least one, however. I don't think McKenna would take two points if offered.

The Leicester game could be an absolute belter. Not necessarily a goal fest but the two best teams going at it. Well looking forward to that one.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Points over next 2 games? on 14:01 - Dec 18 with 2977 viewsSomethingBlue

Anything beyond losing both and I'd say that, from an incredibly tough run, we've come out very well. It feels like one point to me, probably vs Leicester, but anything more will content me greatly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Points over next 2 games? on 14:05 - Dec 18 with 2952 viewshype313

I'd take 2, keep them both pegged back whilst us remaining unbeaten.

6 would be get the promotion party started.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Points over next 2 games? on 14:09 - Dec 18 with 2896 viewsSitfcB

Points over next 2 games? on 13:50 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

I would take beating Leeds and losing to Leicester.

Only problem with 2 points is Southampton could gain 4 on us but it would still be a great return.

Hadn’t realised Southampton were that long unbeaten! Do like a draw or two though, their next 10 games probably the easiest run out of the whole league ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Points over next 2 games? on 14:24 - Dec 18 with 2776 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anything over 1 point is probably fairly decent, losing both could shift momentum that obviously needs to be avoided.

Saw Leeds second half on Saturday, really think it could be a game few can do some damage break if we stay solid early. They looked quite vulnerable with the amount they committed forward and have no choice but to go for it Saturday. Absolute must win for them really.
Points over next 2 games? on 14:29 - Dec 18 with 2717 viewsFrimleyBlue

We will get 3

We will beat Leicester at home with ease.

Leeds.. can't see us stopping them. Our weaknesses are their strong points. Defending from the flanks.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Points over next 2 games? on 14:44 - Dec 18 with 2669 viewsBigCommon

Imo, there is massive pressure on Leeds atm.. I think that told a bit in their Cov' match.. I honestly think we are playing them at their place at the right time. Not that it will be easy , by any stretch. But they are stuttering a bit and aren't as energized as they were ten games ago. I can see us getting something there. And I'd definitely take a point at Leeds, just to keep them 10pts behind us.
I think we can beat anyone at home. Especially if they want to have a go and not sit 9 men behind the ball like Nodge did..
I'd take 2pts from these 2, and move on.. But 4 isn't out of the question...

Let's not forget, that Southampton are now level with Leeds, and in good form.. It could be that Saints are closer to us than Leeds 10 days from now... They could be just 5-6pts behind us in two games time..
I do hope we make a couple of decent signings to freshen up the squad, in the window. Preferably quite early in Jan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024