Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ripped apart (n/t) 12:58 - Dec 23 with 1562 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:01 - Dec 23 with 1522 viewsnrb1985

Think you and I both commented that we might be better off going with a three at the back into this one.

McKenna has decided to turn this into a shootout in a game that we didn’t need to win. Which is ridiculous.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:03 - Dec 23 with 1471 viewsTractorWood

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:01 - Dec 23 by nrb1985

Think you and I both commented that we might be better off going with a three at the back into this one.

McKenna has decided to turn this into a shootout in a game that we didn’t need to win. Which is ridiculous.

We only really have one approach which is try and score more than the opposition. McKenna is amazing. Leeds is probably an obvious place where plan A just won't work. We saw that earlier in the year tbf.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 23 with 1421 viewsRyorry

So wide open for the second I had hands over my eyes for the replay.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:06 - Dec 23 with 1409 viewsMK1

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:01 - Dec 23 by nrb1985

It's "ridiculous" that some fans want to criticise McKenna.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:07 - Dec 23 with 1401 viewsnrb1985

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:03 - Dec 23 by TractorWood

We only really have one approach which is try and score more than the opposition. McKenna is amazing. Leeds is probably an obvious place where plan A just won't work. We saw that earlier in the year tbf.

Agreed.

Unbelievably naive to try to go toe to toe with them.

Today was a “must not lose” and we are two down within 30 mins from two country attacks, albeit one an obvious foul.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:13 - Dec 23 with 1349 viewsnrb1985

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:06 - Dec 23 by MK1

Ah ok.

So you think going toe to toe away at Leeds in a game we didn’t need to win was a good idea?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 13:13]
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:15 - Dec 23 with 1318 viewsTractorWood

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:07 - Dec 23 by nrb1985

Agreed.

Unbelievably naive to try to go toe to toe with them.

Today was a “must not lose” and we are two down within 30 mins from two country attacks, albeit one an obvious foul.

I just think Leeds are very good and embarrassingly good going forward. We just can't cope with pace and directness.

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:17 - Dec 23 with 1271 viewsnrb1985

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:15 - Dec 23 by TractorWood

I just think Leeds are very good and embarrassingly good going forward. We just can't cope with pace and directness.

Another counter attack.

This is the team that drew at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry. They aren’t Pep’s Barcs.
Login to get fewer ads

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:18 - Dec 23 with 1232 viewsRyorry

Sorry but our defence is poor today, disorganised, & this is the first time I can remember KM making a big tactical error in how we lined up for k/o.

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:21 - Dec 23 with 1104 viewsnrb1985

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:18 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

Sorry but our defence is poor today, disorganised, & this is the first time I can remember KM making a big tactical error in how we lined up for k/o.

Yes he’s had a shocker today.

Not sure there’s much of a learning point here for him/us given nobody else will tear us apart like this.

Just seemed so blindingly obviously this was a game for a 3 at the back and an extra man in midfield.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 with 1025 viewsLankHenners

We've not been able to handle Leeds' attacking threat at all, obviously it's a ridiculous forward line for this level but our defending has been really poor, letting them get too many contacts on the ball and our openness is not allowing us to close the spaces anywhere near quickly enough.

What's disappointed me more is we look stuck for ideas going forwards - a few neat triangles but Leeds containing us without much stress. We seem to have not really woken up to the fact we're in a big Championship game here - quite a few players want more time and space than they actually have.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 with 1021 viewsTractorWood

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:18 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

It's a philosophy as oppose to tactics. We only have one plan. When we defend poorly plan A doesn't work. Burgess, Davis and Clarke have all been poor and look rattled by the pace and directness of Leeds.

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 with 1018 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Poorer teams have beaten and got points against Leeds this season, we’re not playing Liverpool.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 with 990 viewspeterleeblue

Let's not take anything away from Leeds. However even they must be surprised how easy this is. They haven't had tonppay that well.
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 23 with 959 viewsTractorWood

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Poorer teams have beaten and got points against Leeds this season, we’re not playing Liverpool.

I suspect others haven't cracked every time they get ran at with pace.

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 23 with 942 viewscressi

Coventry dealt with them ok
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 23 with 902 viewsTractorWood

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 23 by cressi

Coventry dealt with them ok

We've conceded 7 in 135 minutes against them. Summerville has torn us apart the whole time. Watch the goal 2 and the pen. We just can't deal with him.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 13:27]

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 23 with 795 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Davis and Clarke are both being roasted. Broadhead and Luongo have gone missing and Burns is getting nothing out of that big left back. Apart from that we are doing great....
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 776 viewsRyorry

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 by TractorWood

It's a philosophy as oppose to tactics. We only have one plan. When we defend poorly plan A doesn't work. Burgess, Davis and Clarke have all been poor and look rattled by the pace and directness of Leeds.

"It's a philosophy as oppose to tactics."

Very good point that. On the plus side, if we can trade this game as our one sacrificial shocker in exchange for three squeaky 1-0 wins, I suppose I'd grudgingly accept it. Tho on the downside, Leeds fans will be insufferable if it ends like this!

Having said that, I wouldn't put it past KM to completely change things with 3 x h-t subs. Nothing to lose by trying, after all.

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 23 with 736 viewsnrb1985

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

And 10 man Boro nearly snatched a 3-3 draw.

Leeds are very good which is why we should have respected them more. Suspect we are the only team, Leicester aside, who have gone there and tried to outscore them!
Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 23 with 735 viewsbaxterbasics

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:06 - Dec 23 by MK1

I wouldn’t blame McKenna - he’s always got the most he can out of the resources he has. Just think a few players have let him down today.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 23 with 657 viewsCaptainAhab

Ripped apart (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

"It's a philosophy as oppose to tactics."

Very good point that. On the plus side, if we can trade this game as our one sacrificial shocker in exchange for three squeaky 1-0 wins, I suppose I'd grudgingly accept it. Tho on the downside, Leeds fans will be insufferable if it ends like this!

Having said that, I wouldn't put it past KM to completely change things with 3 x h-t subs. Nothing to lose by trying, after all.

Let them be insufferable. It'll make it all the sweeter when we pip them to promotion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024