Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? 10:05 - Dec 29 with 1040 viewsThisIsMyUsername

If we get promoted this season. I was having this debate with a friend the other day. Morsy will have been instrumental in getting us up. So will Luongo to a large extent, and he has also retired from international football to help us to get there.

Neither have played in the Prem before, but both are now early 30s.

Would either of them be a regular starter or a regular squad player?

Would KMc keep them in the squad to reward their efforts and give them the opportunity to play in the Prem, or would a brutal approach be taken and upgrade if given the opportunity?

I feel that out of the two, Morsy is the one most likely to play more games should we get up there. But I could see both retained in the squad, even if one or both don't start many games.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:12 - Dec 29 with 990 viewsLord_Lucan

One of my mates said Morsy wasn't good enough for the Championship.

Back in the day I had a friend who thought John Wark was cr4p, he was a complete wrongun though and became a copper.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 959 viewsDarkBrandon

I think either could play in the PL, but not together. We’d need some more pace in there.
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:40 - Dec 29 with 898 viewsPinewoodblue

Suppose the easy answer is wait and see.

Should we be promoted one of the key factors will be our togetherness. Looking at the current 25 man squad around half have contracts beyond the end of this season, don’t know how many we have an an option of another season.

No way would KMc look to replace the entire squad. Any players currently regular starters will be here next season, as presumably will be any new signings.

Morsy, Luongo etc will be a key part of a Premier League squad next season, although they might not start as many games as this.

We are all on a journey together, promotion isn’t the final destination.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:44 - Dec 29 with 886 viewsbilllm

Both could as previous poster said not together,
I also would say involved in 50% of the games each could not be played week in week out,
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:48 - Dec 29 with 847 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

No.

Neither have the pace and Morsy would be sent off almost every game! You can’t touch anyone in that league!
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 11:01 - Dec 29 with 811 viewsChocorange

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:40 - Dec 29 by Pinewoodblue

Suppose the easy answer is wait and see.

Should we be promoted one of the key factors will be our togetherness. Looking at the current 25 man squad around half have contracts beyond the end of this season, don’t know how many we have an an option of another season.

No way would KMc look to replace the entire squad. Any players currently regular starters will be here next season, as presumably will be any new signings.

Morsy, Luongo etc will be a key part of a Premier League squad next season, although they might not start as many games as this.

We are all on a journey together, promotion isn’t the final destination.

Togetherness was a key factor after we went up to the Prem last time.
After that first season when we started signing and others left , the spirit of the squad wasn’t the same , and we ultimately were relegated.

Trust in MA and KM to get in the right players should we get there.
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 11:09 - Dec 29 with 790 viewsbrogansnose

For a start, we would need to have two ' wise heads' out in the middle and Morsy and Luongo fit the bill. I'm not a great believer in going up and re-vamping most of the squad and I don't think that would happen under McK and Ashton, although, we would need re-inforcing. Thing is, over the years we've seen players ,of whom popular opinion was that they weren't good enough for the Prem go on to have successful careers a league up. When we got promoted under Burley I thought we get shown up but that didn't happen. The keep the nucleus of a successful squad and build incrementally with players that know the system and how others play path , to me, is the way to go. So yeah, I'd play them .
Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 11:13 - Dec 29 with 777 viewsNthQldITFC

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 10:12 - Dec 29 by Lord_Lucan

One of my mates said Morsy wasn't good enough for the Championship.

Back in the day I had a friend who thought John Wark was cr4p, he was a complete wrongun though and became a copper.

...and he's doing very well!

Reminds me of a bit of classic Porridge:

I had a friend once.
He was a light-heavy.
Strong lad.
He won a few fights.
So he thought he was the bee's knees.
Fast cars, loose women.
Classic story.
He just blew up.
Got into debt.
Know where he finished up? In a boxing booth in a fairground.
Four fights a night, 7 days a week.
The body can't take that.
His brain went soft, his reflexes went.
He just became a vegetable - an incoherent, non-thinking zombie.

What became of him?

He became a prison warden.
He's doing very well.

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=porrid

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 13:05 - Dec 29 with 600 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

It would be a case of wait and see. I don't think they'd be a rabbit in headlights or completely out witted, but I do think they'd struggle with the sharpness and speed the ball is moved. Of course, they wouldn't be playing Man City or Liverpool every week, but even your Bournemouth's and Everton's have players who are top players - and they're a level above what we have.

It's worth noting what the promoted sides have in their midfield:

Sheff Utd:
- Hamer - £15m from Coventry. One of, if not, the best midfielders last season
- Vinicius - not sure where or price, but he's wasn't cheap. He's an imposing figure too
- Norwood - plenty of Prem/Champ experience
- Tom Davies - included in England youth teams and has enough Prem experience

Luton:
- Ross Barkley - shrewd signing on a free, lots of prem/international experience
- Albert Lokonga - Arsenal signed him for a decent fee, brought in on loan
- Nakamba - Villa paid around £15m at one point, good player
- Chong - £5m from Birmingham

If we go up, we'd be naive to believe in what we have. We will need to spend money on quality to have a chance.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Are Morsy and/or Luongo good enough for the Premiership next season? on 15:35 - Dec 29 with 482 viewsibbleobble

Not both, no. Morsy + 1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024