Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we all agree on one thing ….. 18:17 - Jan 1 with 2712 viewsbackwaywhen

When we next play a league game ( at home to Sunderland ) it will be at the end of week two in January ……hands up all those that would have laughed at the mere thought of ITFC being second in the championship at this point , and have bitten off the hands and said yes please but still in the disbelief that such a thing could happen …..be humble fellow Blues.
In McKenna we trust 💙
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 2650 viewsITFC_Forever

By the time we play Sunderland, we probably won’t be second.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 2601 viewsblueprint

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:18 - Jan 1 by ITFC_Forever

Yes we will
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 2587 viewsFrimleyBlue

Back in the summer yes

But we got there and had a 10 point gap over 3rd on merit. We've slightly let it slip.. Almost.

Opportunity for the recruitment team to help keep this going.. we don't need to worry about competing with Leeds etc.. we're already up there. Just give us enough to wins game like qpr and Stoke.

It's a half season battle now.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:23 - Jan 1 with 2564 viewspointofblue

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:21 - Jan 1 by blueprint

Yes we will

Not definitely; Southampton may have overtaken us by that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:25 - Jan 1 with 2509 viewsbackwaywhen

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:22 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

Back in the summer yes

But we got there and had a 10 point gap over 3rd on merit. We've slightly let it slip.. Almost.

Opportunity for the recruitment team to help keep this going.. we don't need to worry about competing with Leeds etc.. we're already up there. Just give us enough to wins game like qpr and Stoke.

It's a half season battle now.

Your point is true but irrelevant to my post …..clue is …..start of season ! ….s#it happens and we move on .
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 2422 viewsArnieM

This squad has done exceptionally well, every last man. But our squad doesn’t have the depth to cope with the level of injuries / sickness at the busiest period in the season ( with one more , April still to come).

We need to look beyond this season and like Ashton/ McKenna accept we are still building progressively. If we finish in the play offs that’s one helluva achievement in my book. We’d all have taken that at the start of August,

COYBS

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:30 - Jan 1 with 2411 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Completely agree but there is a big but...

Opportunities like this don't come around too often, to throw that advantage away would be hugely disappointing. How would Leicester have felt the year they won the Premier League if they had missed out? It is a similar scenario, of course we would have snapped the hands off but if we don't get promoted there is no guarantee that we will next season or the year after.
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 2385 viewsITFC_Forever

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:21 - Jan 1 by blueprint

Yes we will

Southampton play Sheff Wed before we play Sunderland. So we can assume they’ll win that and overtake us.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 2250 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:25 - Jan 1 by backwaywhen

Your point is true but irrelevant to my post …..clue is …..start of season ! ….s#it happens and we move on .

Tbh we've past that while start of season stuff.

We are now in 2024. Into 2nd half the season and in 2nd. No side has ever got 50 points by Xmas and not get promoted.
We now have a transfer window and we have played alot of the bigger clubs away from home. (Bar leicester)
We have southampton to come to PR.

We only need to compete to a standard midtable championship side and we can get promotion.

Let's not fk it up.

It would be painful to look back in may knowing we had a 10 point gap to 3rd and let it go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 1995 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:39 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

We are now in 2024. Into 2nd half the season and in 2nd. No side has ever got 50 points by Xmas and not get promoted.
We now have a transfer window and we have played alot of the bigger clubs away from home. (Bar leicester)

We only need to compete to a standard midtable championship side and we can get promotion.

Let's not fk it up.

It would be painful to look back in may knowing we had a 10 point gap to 3rd and let it go.

I know you get a lot of stick on here but on this I’m much closer to your way of thinking. Ten points was a significant gap we could afford the odd tough away loss against the likes of WBA and even being doubled by Leeds but it’s just games like that last two where we could get caught. We’ve done incredibly well to get into such a strong position but if we finish 4th I don’t want to go back immediately to July expectations, and especially not when we are in the middle of the season. That’s discussion for another day. Right now the focus should be automatic promotion not reflection with in the fanbase.

It’s been a very tough festive period and it could be worse in terms of the chasing pack, Southampton have been pretty relentless but we need to do our utmost to get back to winning ways and strengthen the squad. Had some tough situations to deal with the last few weeks no doubt about that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 19:26]
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 1813 viewsRyorry

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:31 - Jan 1 by ITFC_Forever

Southampton play Sheff Wed before we play Sunderland. So we can assume they’ll win that and overtake us.

I wouldn’t assume any such thing. Check back on some of SW’s recent-ish results!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 1794 viewsRadlett_blue

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:26 - Jan 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I know you get a lot of stick on here but on this I’m much closer to your way of thinking. Ten points was a significant gap we could afford the odd tough away loss against the likes of WBA and even being doubled by Leeds but it’s just games like that last two where we could get caught. We’ve done incredibly well to get into such a strong position but if we finish 4th I don’t want to go back immediately to July expectations, and especially not when we are in the middle of the season. That’s discussion for another day. Right now the focus should be automatic promotion not reflection with in the fanbase.

It’s been a very tough festive period and it could be worse in terms of the chasing pack, Southampton have been pretty relentless but we need to do our utmost to get back to winning ways and strengthen the squad. Had some tough situations to deal with the last few weeks no doubt about that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 19:26]

Absolutely, losing to Leeds & drawing with Leicester wasn't the end of the world but draws against Stoke & QPR show that we aren't quite at the level we were. Injuries are taking their toll, but we need some good recruiting if an automatic promotion challenge is to be sustained.
[Post edited 1 Jan 22:12]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 20:02 - Jan 1 with 1754 viewsbluefunk

That’s the spirit……
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 1599 viewsbackwaywhen

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:55 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

I wouldn’t assume any such thing. Check back on some of SW’s recent-ish results!

Very true they beat Hull today and are now I win from getting out of the bottom 3 , young German manager knows his onions it seems .
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 20:45 - Jan 1 with 1581 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 20:44 - Jan 1 by backwaywhen

Very true they beat Hull today and are now I win from getting out of the bottom 3 , young German manager knows his onions it seems .

Above us in the form table last TEN games.
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 20:52 - Jan 1 with 1535 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 19:58 - Jan 1 by Radlett_blue

Absolutely, losing to Leeds & drawing with Leicester wasn't the end of the world but draws against Stoke & QPR show that we aren't quite at the level we were. Injuries are taking their toll, but we need some good recruiting if an automatic promotion challenge is to be sustained.
[Post edited 1 Jan 22:12]

Assume you mean Stoke and QPR but yes these are the games where 4 or 6 points might be required to get automatics. Bad timing on injuries and sickness but was bound to happen some point, less than ideal in the most congested period of the season though.

I could just do without the we would have been delighted with playoffs at start of the season. Plenty of time for reelection in the summer not to make us feel better if we slide. Got to live in the moment and keep going!
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 21:05 - Jan 1 with 1427 viewsWonky

Let's not fk it up.

Unfortunately this is not a normal season so mid table form might not do it.
Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 21:10 - Jan 1 with 1395 viewsNthQldITFC

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 18:30 - Jan 1 by Blue_In_Boston

Completely agree but there is a big but...

Opportunities like this don't come around too often, to throw that advantage away would be hugely disappointing. How would Leicester have felt the year they won the Premier League if they had missed out? It is a similar scenario, of course we would have snapped the hands off but if we don't get promoted there is no guarantee that we will next season or the year after.

I fundamentally agree with you overall, but at the same time the phrase 'throw that advantage away' is massively wrong. Just wrong.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 1333 viewsHerbivore

Let's not fk it up.

Midtable form over the last 20 games isn't going to see us stay ahead of Saints. We need to maintain 2 points per game or close to it to be in with a chance of the autos.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can we all agree on one thing ….. on 23:18 - Jan 1 with 1052 viewsBigalhunter

As we move into the February games, I reckon we’ll be 3rd behind Southampton on goal difference and 4 points ahead of Leeds. Leicester will be flicking through the Abercrombie & Kent travel brochures.

If we’ve recruited as wisely as we did last January, I’ll be starting to get rather excited at that point.

It’s Ipswich, of course, so it won’t be straightforward…but I have a hideously optimistic feeling that Southampton will blow up and Leeds will continue to be flakier than a Flake bar in a wind tunnel.

These just might be the days once more…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024