Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon 00:43 - Jan 2 with 2016 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Thoughts on our next game. Who should be in our first XI for the match?

Wimbledon have been a bit inconsistent so far. They've either been free scoring at home or drawn against poor opposition.

Main danger players seem to be Al-Hamadi (there have been rumours linking him to a championship move), Armani Little and Josh Davison.

I'd rest most of our usual players. Walton in goal.
AFC Wimbledon on 07:43 - Jan 2 with 1858 views_clive_baker_

Leave out all of the regulars. Been a tough block of games, they should focus on being in tip top condition for Sunderland.

Something like:

Walton
Barbrook
Edmundson
Tuanzebe
JD
Humphreys
Ball
Harness
Aluko
Jackson
Ladapo

Get players like Buabo 20 minutes from the bench. Edmundson only 45 minutes as I would start him next to Wolf vs. Sunderland.
AFC Wimbledon on 08:08 - Jan 2 with 1824 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I think it's important not to lose this game. Had we been on a winning streak, it wouldn't have mattered too much. But we're in a sticky situation now where we're needing a win and a boost from somewhere. The media pressure might just ramp up a little bit more if Wimbledon beat us on this run we're on.

Walton
JD Tuanzebe Edmundson Williams
Ball Humphreys
Jackson Aluko Harness
Ladapo

I'd probably look at something like that.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

AFC Wimbledon on 08:14 - Jan 2 with 1803 viewsITFC_Forever

Morsy plus ten others.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

AFC Wimbledon on 08:32 - Jan 2 with 1738 viewsbournemouthblue

AFC Wimbledon on 08:08 - Jan 2 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I think it's important not to lose this game. Had we been on a winning streak, it wouldn't have mattered too much. But we're in a sticky situation now where we're needing a win and a boost from somewhere. The media pressure might just ramp up a little bit more if Wimbledon beat us on this run we're on.

Walton
JD Tuanzebe Edmundson Williams
Ball Humphreys
Jackson Aluko Harness
Ladapo

I'd probably look at something like that.

Morsy probably starts now with that two game ban

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

AFC Wimbledon on 08:45 - Jan 2 with 1712 viewsHerbivore

AFC Wimbledon on 08:14 - Jan 2 by ITFC_Forever

Morsy plus ten others.

Agree. I'd play Morsy to keep him fresh and to raise the standards of those around him. He's not got another match until something like the 27th of January as things stand.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

AFC Wimbledon on 09:34 - Jan 2 with 1634 viewsWickets

AFC Wimbledon on 07:43 - Jan 2 by _clive_baker_

Leave out all of the regulars. Been a tough block of games, they should focus on being in tip top condition for Sunderland.

Something like:

Walton
Barbrook
Edmundson
Tuanzebe
JD
Humphreys
Ball
Harness
Aluko
Jackson
Ladapo

Get players like Buabo 20 minutes from the bench. Edmundson only 45 minutes as I would start him next to Wolf vs. Sunderland.

Think Morsy might play now .
AFC Wimbledon on 09:44 - Jan 2 with 1585 views_clive_baker_

AFC Wimbledon on 09:34 - Jan 2 by Wickets

Think Morsy might play now .

There's definitely an argument to play Morsy with him being banned now, but he's in a position where we also have Ball and Humphreys who are quite capable and need some game time. I guess Humphreys could play at left back, which could make sense given we're short there.

It would be so damaging if Morsy played and got an injury though, so personally I don't think I would risk that. It would be good to progress to the next round though as we'll no doubt have new signings and players coming back from injury, so another cup game could be valuable to us further down the line.
AFC Wimbledon on 09:46 - Jan 2 with 1560 viewsWoolfenthen

Al-Hamadi is at the Asian Cup
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon on 10:33 - Jan 2 with 1490 viewsslade1

In my opinion I would keep every player that is anywhere near our first team well away from this game.
Give them all a well deserved rest and without any chance of picking up anymore injuries.
In the grand scheme of things, this match is not important in the least.
AFC Wimbledon on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 1458 viewsCobboldCrusty

I get the argument for not playing Morsy in terms of injuries, but there'd be no harm in him playing 45 against opposition of this level. If we are playing fringe players or new signings, those minutes will be more valuable for having Morsy there.

2 game ban surely he'll be itching to at least play this one?
AFC Wimbledon on 11:13 - Jan 2 with 1426 viewsMach_foreignBlue

AFC Wimbledon on 08:32 - Jan 2 by bournemouthblue

Morsy probably starts now with that two game ban

He should as Dominic Ball unfortunately offers nothing. Literally nothing.
AFC Wimbledon on 11:20 - Jan 2 with 1392 views_clive_baker_

AFC Wimbledon on 10:55 - Jan 2 by CobboldCrusty

I get the argument for not playing Morsy in terms of injuries, but there'd be no harm in him playing 45 against opposition of this level. If we are playing fringe players or new signings, those minutes will be more valuable for having Morsy there.

2 game ban surely he'll be itching to at least play this one?

Twisted my arm. Give him 45 minutes then.
AFC Wimbledon on 13:02 - Jan 2 with 1282 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

AFC Wimbledon on 11:13 - Jan 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

He should as Dominic Ball unfortunately offers nothing. Literally nothing.

Is Lee Evans injured?
AFC Wimbledon on 13:13 - Jan 2 with 1239 viewsPSGBlue

AFC Wimbledon on 13:02 - Jan 2 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Is Lee Evans injured?

Potentially Morsy has not got a league match till Preston away, 3rd Feb. Rotherham game will be postponed as it’s FA Cup 4th round on that weekend.
AFC Wimbledon on 13:13 - Jan 2 with 1235 viewsSheffordBlue

Need to get a win to help shift momentum. Light schedule over the next few weeks. Opportunity to try out some different attacking options e.g Broadhead as a 9. Rest anyone with a hint of an injury or who's sports science data says is fatigued but otherwise I think we'll see the same sort of squad as Fulham.

Important to win the game without a replay as well - if we do that the Rotherham league game will get moved which allows more time to bed in any new arrivals.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Play Morsy and maybe the attack for Leicester on 13:21 - Jan 2 with 1199 viewsunstableblue

Goals have dried up a bit

Argument to play Ball or a returning El Miz (if free
For cup) over Morsy to get them sharp for Leicester

Ball should at least play 30mins

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024