Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH 15:23 - Jan 3 with 5657 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Any side effects I should watch out for?

Feel free to message rather than post here if you'd prefer.
[Post edited 3 Jan 15:23]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:26 - Jan 3 with 3538 viewsgeg1992

I'd be interested to know also. MH has taken a real whack this past year or so and the doctor was basically like take meds or wait months upon months to see someone.

I've got friends that have had positive experiences but also know people close to me that had bad experiences which really concerns me, so not sure which way to turn.

Also have tinnitus which can apparently be affected by medications quite severely. An increase in tinnitus would cause a lot more issues than I'm currently experiencing!

On a side note, if you need someone to ever talk to, my PM is open.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:30 - Jan 3 with 3477 viewsJ4ck22

I felt pretty sick for a couple of weeks when I first started on it, but other than that I don't think I experienced anything in particular. Maybe I was just lucky though!
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 3458 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Sertraline
Fluoxetine
Citalopram

All disgusting.

Mirtazapine absolutely fine.

Good luck.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 3460 viewsGuthrum

Yes, I was on Sertraline some years ago when going through a bad time with finances and the business. The only side effect I really noticed was perhsps some drowsiness, so I used to take it in the evening instead of morning - lack of ability to sleep was one of the issues I was having anyway, so anything to help me nod off was welcome.

The other thing (which I'm sure you've been told) is not to stop them suddenly, but reduce the doseage gradually.

The main thing was they did the job, getting me to a place where I could deal with the underlying causes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 3435 viewsGogs

Yes, about 13 years ago. I got the shakes quite bad off them for a start, to the point where someone asked whether I’d thought about getting checked for Parkinson’s. I will add that the shakes I suffered from may also have been at least partially due to a physical manifestation of the MH issues I had at the time, it’s possible. I do not have Parkinson’s, thankfully.

Also, the sertraline worked wonders when it kicked in - after about a month of taking them. It was literally as if the clouds just melted away. I was on them for 2 years. Be very careful when you come off them, as side effects will likely come back if you don’t wean yourself off from them very slowly.
I would also recommend a CBT course in conjunction with any antidepressants.
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:41 - Jan 3 with 3402 viewsSikamikanico

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:34 - Jan 3 by ThisIsMyUsername

Sertraline
Fluoxetine
Citalopram

All disgusting.

Good luck.

Mirtazapine gave me very vivid bizarre dreams.
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:47 - Jan 3 with 3352 viewsJ2BLUE

Been on 50mg since end of September.

No major side effects.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 16:06 - Jan 3 with 3263 viewsBorisBlanker

Sertraline side effects were gastric and liver related.
Lofepramine caused serious liver problems, gammagt over 1700.
Amytryptline, these work. recommended 100%
Venlafaxine no problems. good 2nd line
Mirtazipine - sleep disturbances - avoid.

Get regular liver and kidney blood tests if concerned.
[Post edited 3 Jan 16:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 16:49 - Jan 3 with 3107 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Was on this for a few months. I didn't see any MH effects from it, and only one side effect - reduced ability to gain an erection. This was the case even after increasing dosage. Same exact story for Venlafaxine. Now I don't take any drug.
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 16:52 - Jan 3 with 3082 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I had a lot of trouble with heavy sweating, but ultimately didn't stick with it long because it killed my sex drive, which surprisingly did not raise my mood!

My personal experience with antidepressants has been pretty poor in general - dazed and constantly hungry with mirtazipine, dry mouth and sweating with citalopram, palpitations and insomnia with amitriptyline. I'm not really willing to try anything else now, so make do with talking about it and keeping active, which to be honest has worked much, much better for me.

Likewise, I know plenty of people who they have made a real difference to. I think you just have to keep an eye on it and listen to your body. Hopefully it will give you what you need, and if not you can raise your concerns with the GP. Best of luck with feeling better.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 16:57 - Jan 3 with 3052 viewsMJallday

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:26 - Jan 3 by geg1992

I'd be interested to know also. MH has taken a real whack this past year or so and the doctor was basically like take meds or wait months upon months to see someone.

I've got friends that have had positive experiences but also know people close to me that had bad experiences which really concerns me, so not sure which way to turn.

Also have tinnitus which can apparently be affected by medications quite severely. An increase in tinnitus would cause a lot more issues than I'm currently experiencing!

On citalapram - constant f*****g tinnitus

On the plus side I don’t feel like killing myself anymore, so it’s a win

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 2998 viewsJimmy86

Been on Sertraline since my marriage broke down in 2017... Started on 50MG and was upped to 100MG. In the beginning they really benefited me and helped me chill out! Still take them now, but don't feel as much benefit now, compared to when I started taking them in the first place!

No side affects that I can remember.. possibly the trots, whilst my system was getting used to it, but that's natural! Good luck! It Def helped me and I don't regret it!
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 17:17 - Jan 3 with 3000 viewsWonnorCickhamm

Felt really really sick for the first few days, then pretty much fine.
Erection difficulties for first week or so but ok now.
I have bad tinnitus already and it hasn’t affected it either way.

Been on for 7 months now.
No major changes, but I do feel calmer and slightly less depressed and anxious.

DMs always open.

Poll: When Walton is fit, who would you start?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 17:21 - Jan 3 with 2953 viewsWonnorCickhamm

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 16:57 - Jan 3 by MJallday

On citalapram - constant f*****g tinnitus

On the plus side I don’t feel like killing myself anymore, so it’s a win

That’s good.

I never would do it, but did used to think about it - ‘it would be easier if I just…’

But I don’t have those thoughts anymore.

Poll: When Walton is fit, who would you start?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 2817 viewsMJallday

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 17:21 - Jan 3 by WonnorCickhamm

That’s good.

I never would do it, but did used to think about it - ‘it would be easier if I just…’

But I don’t have those thoughts anymore.

There have been days … but I won’t go into that sort of thing. I’ll try and keep it light

There’s a very lady town fan who is on Twitter who posts a lot of good stuff for anyone suffering, I’d urge them to follow her

@JenAcuity

My DMs are open for anyone who wants to chat

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 18:41 - Jan 3 with 2692 viewsblueprint

I’m not on Sertraline but have been on Citalopram for 10 years following the passing of my son that pushed my already anxious mind to new levels .

I remember feeling a bit spaced out when I started on it but that soon tailed off.

I’ve now come to accept that I’m certainly not alone in needing something to take the edge of my feelings and indeed I know many others who also benefit from taking it.

One of my best moves was to get counselling a few years ago. Just talking to someone out of my immediate circle really helped.

All the best.
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 19:03 - Jan 3 with 2648 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:34 - Jan 3 by ThisIsMyUsername

Sertraline
Fluoxetine
Citalopram

All disgusting.

Good luck.

As I understand it from my very limited professional experience, it's broadly a 'horses for courses' approach.

They're all utterly awful drugs to overdose on, if you want something really cheery to know.
[Post edited 3 Jan 19:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 19:19 - Jan 3 with 2534 viewsGavTWTD

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 15:26 - Jan 3 by geg1992

May I be so bold as to recommend a private psychiatrist? I needed help and was told there was a long wait also, but I found a private shrink to be what I needed. Everyone is different. DM me anyone.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 20:28 - Jan 3 with 2388 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can I just add, it’s really amazing that so many of us are happy to talk about this.
Really inspiring.

Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Jan 20:28]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:03 - Jan 3 with 2306 viewsCuffy81

I was prescribed sertraline after my wife suffered multiple failed ivf rounds and miscarriages

I did help my mood and outlook somewhat

I did make me feel sick, and if I didn't take it with a drink the heartburn was pretty bad.

Best of luck
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 2279 viewsBuhrer

Twenty ish years ago for anxiety, 100mg daily made me noticeably shake and it felt crap so I stopped it after a month. I remember I just didnt like the feeling in my head. I've never taken it again and avoid all medication and manage things with lifestyle and talking therapy. Best results I ever had in long term symptom reduction were unintentionally from recreational magic mushrooms..
Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:09 - Jan 3 with 2265 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Currently sat with 2 MH trainee nurses who say 'tiredness.'
https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drugs/sertraline/

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:16 - Jan 3 with 2236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just to add on a personal note having gone through the thread and seen how many among us have struggled the take home as ever when thinking about this is that there is something seriously wrong with the society we have created

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:37 - Jan 3 with 2151 viewsMJallday

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 20:28 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Can I just add, it’s really amazing that so many of us are happy to talk about this.
Really inspiring.

Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Jan 20:28]

I really did struggle with the concept of even contemplating taking anti depressants. Let alone admitting I have/had a MH issue

Some thoughts included :

“I’m better than this”
“I shouldn’t be on them”
“I’ve failed”

After talking to a close friend of mine who suffered for most of her life with MH she said one
Thing that stuck “think of it as being a knight who needs just a bit of armour”

I don’t know why, but that whole thing just made it much less of a leap

Probably saved my life tbh.

Biggest realisation was how many people do suffer. This thread is a great example.

Anyone been put onto Sertraline for their MH on 21:59 - Jan 3 with 2082 viewsbrazil1982

Been on them for years, quite heavy - 150mg. I remember having quite disturbing dreams. Takes a while to see the effects.
I have tried to reduce but has proven quite difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024