Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? 15:11 - Jan 12 with 2267 viewsblueasfook

My birthday coming up in March and am planning a weekend break in either Liverpool or Manchester. Not been to either city for years. Which is better?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 18:02 - Jan 12 with 600 viewsbackwaywhen

Liverpool if you want to get mugged lol …..take a translator to either !
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 558 viewsDJR

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 18:02 - Jan 12 by backwaywhen

Liverpool if you want to get mugged lol …..take a translator to either !

That is a stereotype which doesn't fit the facts.

According to Numbeo’s Crime Comparison between the two cities, Manchester has the highest crime index at 56.34, compared to Liverpool at 44.50, meaning that you are more likely to be a victim of crime in Manchester. This is reflected in the city’s safety index, with Manchester being 43.66 and Liverpool at 55.50. Manchester, in fact, has a higher crime index than many major cities, including London and Edinburgh.
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 529 viewsMullet

Liverpool has had a lot of work done in the last few years, it's smaller and there's nothing wrong with it but Manchester there's a lot more possibilities.

Let me know if you wanna know stuff about places before visiting them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 20:04 - Jan 12 with 527 viewsbazza

Better for what? Getting mugged.?
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 21:24 - Jan 12 with 475 viewsDJR

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 20:04 - Jan 12 by bazza

Better for what? Getting mugged.?

I have travelled to Liverpool for short stays on average 4 or 5 times a year for the last 25 years or so and have never found it a violent or threatening place.
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 23:06 - Jan 12 with 453 viewsgosblue

Chester is a beautiful historic city one hour from Manchester and 40 minutes from Liverpool. It all depends who’s going with you.
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 07:00 - Jan 13 with 425 viewsElephantintheRoom

I’d pay good money not to have to go to Manchester. Liverpool on the other hand has a bit of something for everyone. Lock your hubcaps if you’re driving though.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 08:05 - Jan 13 with 414 viewssohamblue74

Both are great but Manchester is slightly better IMO.

Football museum, Lowry theatre, jog along canal banks. Great bars and restaurants. Easy to get around on the metrolink.

Friendly proud people.
Login to get fewer ads

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 08:12 - Jan 13 with 403 viewsMattinLondon

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 07:00 - Jan 13 by ElephantintheRoom

I’d pay good money not to have to go to Manchester. Liverpool on the other hand has a bit of something for everyone. Lock your hubcaps if you’re driving though.

Think most residents will pay good money not to have a miserable idiot like you anywhere near their village/ town/ city.
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 08:58 - Jan 13 with 384 viewsPlums

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 07:00 - Jan 13 by ElephantintheRoom

You drive a classic car? What have you got?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 338 viewsClutch

York.
Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 10:33 - Jan 13 with 312 viewsJohnTy

Weekend Break - Liverpool or Manchester? on 08:05 - Jan 13 by sohamblue74

Both are great but Manchester is slightly better IMO.

Football museum, Lowry theatre, jog along canal banks. Great bars and restaurants. Easy to get around on the metrolink.

Friendly proud people.

Salford Quays, the Lowry centre and the nearby Imperial War Museum is well worth visiting. One recent visitor from Suffolk told me he wouldn't visit the Lowry exhibition because all Lowry's paintings were the same. He couldn't be more wrong. The 20 minute video about Lowry is unmissable in my not so humble opinion.

The RHS gardens at Bridgewater, a newish development, are also well worth a visit.

My favourite place, closed unfortunately at weekends, is Chethams Library where you can sit at the table where Marx and Engels once sat and see a list of the books they read. The John Rylands Library is also an amazing place, as is the Royal Exchange.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024