Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. 18:48 - Jan 29 with 1623 viewsSouthPoleBlue

Forrest
Yallop. de Vos. Burgess. Taricco

Morsy. Luongo

Edwards. Bru. George

Baker (USA)

Subs
Smith
Donacien
Peters
Scotland
Paz
Bozinoski
Civelli
Ahadme
Diallo

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 1559 viewsStourbridgeblue

You get an UP vote for Gerry Baker. My 1st ever Town game I saw him score a hat trick. We lost 6-3 to Spurs. I believe he is the only Town player to score a hat trick and lose.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 1536 viewsMattinLondon

Depends on your definition of non-European.

A number of those players have EU passports (think that’s how we got Tarricco as he was entitled to an Italian passport from his dad). Morsy was born in Wolverhampton and our new striker has been in this country since he was one year old.
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 1532 viewsyorkshireblue

Does Fabian Wilnis qualify?
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:05 - Jan 29 with 1522 viewsSharkey

Picking Scotland (Trinidad) ahead of Lisbie ( Jamaica) is the kind of thing that used to start riots in the golden age of West Indies cricket.
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 1484 viewsHighgateBlue

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:04 - Jan 29 by yorkshireblue

Yeah, similar issue to Zondervan - both born in Suriname. Zondervan did play for the Netherlands though, if that affects qualification for the purposes of this thread?

(Also Ahadme, born in Spain but played for Morocco at youth level. Probably also others...)
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:26 - Jan 29 with 1455 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Born outside Europe XI:

Roy Bailey

Frank Yallop Jason De Vos Terry Butcher Mauricio Taricco

Massimo Luongo Romeo Zondervan

Carlos Edwards Colin Viljoen Finidi George

Mich D'Avray

Could play Super Kieran McKenna's assymetric 4-2-3-1 with Taricco given license to press on.

Two club legends in Bailey and Butcher, most of the rest just a nudge or two down from that. Striker is where we are weakest in this category.

Viljoen could play the Chaplin role. Most of the team can tackle, but if you want a more Morsy-like ball winner in Central Midfield for this formation, then Guirane N'Daw would be the best option.
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:40 - Jan 29 with 1417 viewsSouthPoleBlue

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:26 - Jan 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

Born outside Europe XI:

Roy Bailey

Mich D'Avray

Could play Super Kieran McKenna's assymetric 4-2-3-1 with Taricco given license to press on.

Two club legends in Bailey and Butcher, most of the rest just a nudge or two down from that. Striker is where we are weakest in this category.

Viljoen could play the Chaplin role. Most of the team can tackle, but if you want a more Morsy-like ball winner in Central Midfield for this formation, then Guirane N'Daw would be the best option.

So the rules are entirely based on which country they represented. So that rules out viljoen and I think d^array as well as zondervan.
I wasn't sure re Roy Bailey.
Baker is in top 15 all time town scorers so must have been good!
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 1354 viewsJonBlue

I'm surprised Sergei Baltacha hasn't got a mention yet.
Login to get fewer ads

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:16 - Jan 29 with 1330 viewsArnoldMoorhen

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:08 - Jan 29 by JonBlue

I'm surprised Sergei Baltacha hasn't got a mention yet.

It's a pretty hot political take to say that Ukraine isn't European!
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 1312 viewsJonBlue

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:16 - Jan 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's a pretty hot political take to say that Ukraine isn't European!

Fair point...
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 20:46 - Jan 29 with 1253 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m having loans, as we’re allowed up to 5 in the squad. It’s a tough one though - the first 11 picks itself with a couple of arguable picks. But for the subs anyone will do. We’ve had less non-European players than I’d appreciated.

Forrest
Yallop de Vos. Carter-Vickers Treacle
Morsy Luongo
Finidi Gio Edwards
Johnson

Burgess
Peters
Bru
Civelli
Edwards
d’Avray
Fallon

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 07:31 - Jan 30 with 1017 viewsBluespeed225

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:26 - Jan 29 by ArnoldMoorhen

Born outside Europe XI:

Roy Bailey

Mich D'Avray

If we'd signed Gary Bailey we could have wheeled out the 'One of our own' song early doors. Now, was he a hozzy birth, or can he nail his colours to one of the esates? Crofts massive?
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 07:55 - Jan 30 with 972 viewsMeadowlark

Alan Brazil surely?
After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 08:40 - Jan 30 with 921 viewsTractorCam

Giovani Dos Santos...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 09:13 - Jan 30 with 835 viewsCityBlue

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 19:04 - Jan 29 by yorkshireblue

Well Surinam is a dutch colony but not European so I would say yes....

I T I D

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 10:35 - Jan 30 with 740 viewsMedwayTractor

Born outside Europe XI:

Roy Bailey

Mich D'Avray

You forgot Willie Havenga!

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

After signing an Iraqi what is our greatest non European team? Excluding loans. on 11:13 - Jan 30 with 683 viewshunty21

Sixto peralta has to be up there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024