Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Rogers 15:25 - Jan 30 with 2314 viewsitfc48

£1m to £16m in 6 months. Now there's some player trading that will get Mr Ashton envious. I think Villa have grossly overpaid there - he didn't look anything special against us. The likes of Burns and Hutchinson must be worth a pretty penny if you compare them directly.
Morgan Rogers on 15:35 - Jan 30 with 2158 viewsBlooos

I was hoping we’d sign him all summer and was surprised we weren’t even linked with the price he went to Boro for. He ripped us to shreds playing for Lincoln back in league 1 a few years ago and wanted us to sign him since. £16m seems a bit steep though!
Morgan Rogers on 15:36 - Jan 30 with 2141 viewsJon_456

I was surprised we weren’t linked with him in the summer, seemed an obvious target. Young, came through a good academy and relatively low fee with a high ceiling.

Unless we were and just couldn’t compete with Boro?
Morgan Rogers on 15:43 - Jan 30 with 2040 viewsitfcsuth

Wharton £22M, Rogers for £16M. Them numbers are incredible.

2 goals and 6 assists in 26 games for Boro,
Morgan Rogers on 15:51 - Jan 30 with 1931 viewsRonFearonsHair

Morgan Rogers on 15:43 - Jan 30 by itfcsuth

Wharton £22M, Rogers for £16M. Them numbers are incredible.

2 goals and 6 assists in 26 games for Boro,

Chaplin and Davis should fetch us about £70m at those rates.
Morgan Rogers on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 1832 viewsSteve_M

Are those numbers like for like? At first glance would seem more like fees without and with all add-ons and whatever sell on clause is on the deal.

Not doubting it's good business for Boro but that seems a lot in less than a season.

Then again what did Bristol City make on Adam Webster after we gave him away at the first bid?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morgan Rogers on 16:44 - Jan 30 with 1486 viewsMVBlue

So players are fetching these values and our replaced North and Churchman stands put us in debt for £20m for 20 years... selling Burns in 2024 would replace one or two stands ????? my God

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Morgan Rogers on 17:08 - Jan 30 with 1294 viewsSimonds92

What a ridiculous overspend that is! Absolute madness, don't think he's currently a premier league standard player at all.
Morgan Rogers on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 1138 viewsNutkins_Return

It's a strange oddity of our squad in that I think only really Davis of our perms would command a similar sort of fee. Good as Chaplin is for us I do think he is probably at his ceiling and playing brilliantly at the level.

Lots of players have increased their value e.g. Broady/Hirst/Woolf etc but other than Davis I don't think there is a standout. Our strength is our unit rather than individual stars.
Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Rogers on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 1098 viewsDJR

Morgan Rogers on 17:43 - Jan 30 by Nutkins_Return

It's a strange oddity of our squad in that I think only really Davis of our perms would command a similar sort of fee. Good as Chaplin is for us I do think he is probably at his ceiling and playing brilliantly at the level.

Lots of players have increased their value e.g. Broady/Hirst/Woolf etc but other than Davis I don't think there is a standout. Our strength is our unit rather than individual stars.

I agree with that. And maybe Al-Hadami will be the next.
[Post edited 30 Jan 17:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024