Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. 21:29 - Feb 8 with 3374 viewshoppy

As a volunteer involved at non-league level, I'm trying to raise funds to help achieve the ground grading requirements needed at Ipswich Wanderers, which if not achieved, the club face being relegated irrespective of what happens on the pitch - after two successive promotions as champions each time, we're competing at the highest level in the history of the club - which has brought about these ground grading requirements to compete in the Isthmian League North.

Also to raise money for our charity partner of the year - local charity ActivLives ( https://activlives.org.uk) by walking the 14.5 miles from Ipswich Wanderers to Stowmarket Town for our game there on 17th February.

I'd be very grateful if you can make even a small donation. Thank you so much to all those that have done already - so far raising a great total of £930 at time of typing.

UPDATE AS AT 15TH FEB: Including cash donations, the current total is £1792 (before JustGiving fees come off) - Thank you so much everyone.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/walk4wanderers?utm_term=jVYAkZ3JQ

[Post edited 15 Feb 10:35]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 2838 viewsCoastalblue

How's the training going Hoppy?

Any decent pub stops on the way?

Come on people, if you haven't, give the man the price of a coffee, or a pint if you're less flush.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 23:04 - Feb 11 with 2802 viewshoppy

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 20:08 - Feb 11 by Coastalblue

How's the training going Hoppy?

Any decent pub stops on the way?

Come on people, if you haven't, give the man the price of a coffee, or a pint if you're less flush.

I haven’t had a lot of time for many warm-up walks, to be honest. I did a little 3.5 mile walk this morning in 54 minutes, as needed to collect my car from leaving it at friends we were round last night. That may well be the last opportunity for a semi-decent walk prior to next Saturday.
I also haven’t fully planned the route to see which pubs are most likely useful hydration points yet either.
Thanks for asking… and thanks again to all those that have kindly donated!

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 08:31 - Feb 12 with 2767 viewsChurchman

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 23:04 - Feb 11 by hoppy

I haven’t had a lot of time for many warm-up walks, to be honest. I did a little 3.5 mile walk this morning in 54 minutes, as needed to collect my car from leaving it at friends we were round last night. That may well be the last opportunity for a semi-decent walk prior to next Saturday.
I also haven’t fully planned the route to see which pubs are most likely useful hydration points yet either.
Thanks for asking… and thanks again to all those that have kindly donated!

I see you’ve reached 63% of your target. Well done, getting there.
Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 09:07 - Feb 12 with 2761 viewshoppy

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 08:31 - Feb 12 by Churchman

I see you’ve reached 63% of your target. Well done, getting there.

Yes, thank you. Getting there.. I’ve also had some cash donations too, taking it a bit closer. I’m going to give it a last push in the next few days to see if I can reach it!

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 07:53 - Feb 13 with 2615 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 09:07 - Feb 12 by hoppy

Yes, thank you. Getting there.. I’ve also had some cash donations too, taking it a bit closer. I’m going to give it a last push in the next few days to see if I can reach it!

Keep going Hoppy - great work to date !!

Come on Guys and Gals , another £500 for 100% of target

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 13:01 - Feb 13 with 2552 viewshoppy

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 07:53 - Feb 13 by Metal_Hacker

Keep going Hoppy - great work to date !!

Come on Guys and Gals , another £500 for 100% of target

Thank you. I had a number of donations come in last night from the group of Danish fans that were on Life's A Pitch last week, who said at the time they would get a collection together when I was on there talking about it, which was brilliant.

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 10:35 - Feb 15 with 2225 viewshoppy

Just about a week to go - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 13:01 - Feb 13 by hoppy

Thank you. I had a number of donations come in last night from the group of Danish fans that were on Life's A Pitch last week, who said at the time they would get a collection together when I was on there talking about it, which was brilliant.

UPDATE AS AT 15TH FEB: Including cash donations, the current total is £1792 (before JustGiving fees come off) - Thank you so much everyone.

Oh, and one of my fellow walkers has looked at the route, and given the weather conditions this week, is suggesting a slightly longer route may be better for us, due to verges and walking on the country lanes in places - so more likely to be 15-15.5 miles than the 14.5 initially thought.
[Post edited 15 Feb 10:43]

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 16:52 - Feb 16 with 1845 viewshoppy

ONE DAY TO GO UPDATE...

Chuffed to report that I've just passed my initial target! - now want to see how much more I can raise over and above that total!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/walk4wanderers

Login to get fewer ads

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 1828 viewsChurchman

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 16:52 - Feb 16 by hoppy

ONE DAY TO GO UPDATE...

Chuffed to report that I've just passed my initial target! - now want to see how much more I can raise over and above that total!

Well done!!!
TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 17:20 - Feb 16 with 1826 viewshoppy

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 17:19 - Feb 16 by Churchman

Well done!!!

Thank you! :)

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you.. on 18:02 - Feb 16 with 1800 viewsgarygboltonblue

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 16:52 - Feb 16 by hoppy

ONE DAY TO GO UPDATE...

Added my contribution a little earlier ,Well done
TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you.. on 18:07 - Feb 16 with 1790 viewshoppy

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you.. on 18:02 - Feb 16 by garygboltonblue

Added my contribution a little earlier ,Well done

Thanks! :)

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 22:02 - Feb 16 with 1723 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good luck Hoppy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 14:23 - Feb 17 with 1554 viewshoppy

We’re pretty much there… about half mile to go…

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 19:26 - Feb 17 with 1468 viewsnorth_stand77

Congratulations Hoppy

You may need a little well deserved lie down now!
TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 10:19 - Feb 19 with 1146 viewshoppy

Sponsored walk? Completed it mate…

Thank you once again for all the donations and support (donations can still be made on the link)

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 16:46 - Feb 20 with 875 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 10:19 - Feb 19 by hoppy

Sponsored walk? Completed it mate…

Thank you once again for all the donations and support (donations can still be made on the link)

Nice one Hoppy. You were asking for trouble stopping in a pub though - I'd never have got going again!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 17:33 - Feb 20 with 861 viewshoppy

TWO DAYS TO GO UPDATE - Please sponsor me if you can. Thank you. on 16:46 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Nice one Hoppy. You were asking for trouble stopping in a pub though - I'd never have got going again!

Thanks. We actually reached the pub we were aiming to arrive at for lunch about 12 noon about 40 mins early at 11.20, so we kept going for a bit, and stopped further along. Then the second stop was the pub about half mile from the ground, so might've had a couple of pints there - which probably affected our overall average pace, which including those stops was still 3.75 miles per hour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024