Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was me thinking league one refs were poor 15:22 - Feb 10 with 975 viewsDeano69

I am not blaming officiating for any form of loss of points etc just an observation and opinion that they just seems to lose control of the game and blatantly seem to miss sh!t housing and what seems like obvious decisions.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:25 - Feb 10 with 941 viewsSarge

I think if someone were to add up the number of points we’ve lost this season because of objectively wrong decisions, it could be the difference between automatic promotion and the playoffs.

Yes we’ve been poor since the Norwich game but that itself was a game where both of their goals should have been disallowed. Win that game and perhaps the slump doesn’t manifest itself the way it has.

If nobody has done it that someone may be me later.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:25 - Feb 10 with 939 viewsRadlett_blue

Ref was good IMO. Tried to play advantage & keep the game going. He did book a WBA player for time wasting in the first half. He also didn't keep giving cheap free kicks for players falling over.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:27 - Feb 10 with 921 viewsSarge

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:25 - Feb 10 by Radlett_blue

Ref was good IMO. Tried to play advantage & keep the game going. He did book a WBA player for time wasting in the first half. He also didn't keep giving cheap free kicks for players falling over.

Really? They time wasted from the first minute and he dished out a grand total of one yellow card about 70 minutes later.

He was utterly woeful, in a way that he even stands out amongst the crap we’ve already had this season.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:27 - Feb 10 with 920 viewsredrickstuhaart

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:25 - Feb 10 by Radlett_blue

Consistency though. Having booked one for time wasting he failed to apply the same standards to others and particularly the keeper.

Since when is lying on the ball to protect it not a free kick? Happened in their box.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:28 - Feb 10 with 908 viewsHerbivore

He was shocking. That's an awful take.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:28 - Feb 10 with 909 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:25 - Feb 10 by Sarge

I think if someone were to add up the number of points we’ve lost this season because of objectively wrong decisions, it could be the difference between automatic promotion and the playoffs.

Yes we’ve been poor since the Norwich game but that itself was a game where both of their goals should have been disallowed. Win that game and perhaps the slump doesn’t manifest itself the way it has.

If nobody has done it that someone may be me later.

God here we go.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 889 viewsSarge

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:28 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

God here we go.

“They balance out over the season” is the guff usually spouted by those who know nothing. They don’t, and it won’t.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:31 - Feb 10 with 873 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:28 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

He was shocking. That's an awful take.

You say the same thing every week as I’m sure do most fanbases around the country. Didn’t get anything major wrong at least. Now missing their handball goal would have been shocking. I’m sure if roles were reversed many would be saying our first was questionable.
Login to get fewer ads

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:32 - Feb 10 with 862 viewspointofblue

I thought he was terrible in the first half but not as bad in the second.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:33 - Feb 10 with 859 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ref was fine.

Trying to think of a big decision he got wrong and I don’t think he did. Stop blaming the refs. It’s tiresome

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:34 - Feb 10 with 848 viewsDeano69

Entitled to you opinion, but I have to say I can’t see anything that backs that up.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:35 - Feb 10 with 835 viewsHerbivore

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:31 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You say the same thing every week as I’m sure do most fanbases around the country. Didn’t get anything major wrong at least. Now missing their handball goal would have been shocking. I’m sure if roles were reversed many would be saying our first was questionable.

You don't need to get anything major wrong to put in a poor performance. Ref was a clown.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:35 - Feb 10 with 836 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:30 - Feb 10 by Sarge

“They balance out over the season” is the guff usually spouted by those who know nothing. They don’t, and it won’t.

I didn’t even say that, it’s just tedious though. What’s your huge complaint today that was so against us?
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:35 - Feb 10 with 835 viewspointofblue

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:33 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Ref was fine.

Trying to think of a big decision he got wrong and I don’t think he did. Stop blaming the refs. It’s tiresome

The time wasting at the end of the first half, which he didn't pull up on straight away and then only added on two minutes, was really bad from him.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:41 - Feb 10 with 810 viewsstonojnr

It was Ipswich v WBA we're talking about not Man City v Everton which you were clearly watching instead if you thought the ref had a good game.

The ref at the Town game was useless.
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 799 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:35 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

The time wasting at the end of the first half, which he didn't pull up on straight away and then only added on two minutes, was really bad from him.

He gave a yellow card.

Which is more than most refs do. He was fine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:44 - Feb 10 with 791 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:33 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Ref was fine.

Had absolutely no impact on the result. Seen a lot worse. Also wasn’t fooled for players just falling over like some are.
[Post edited 10 Feb 15:52]
There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 784 viewspointofblue

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:43 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

He gave a yellow card.

Which is more than most refs do. He was fine.

About ten minutes of time wasting when the crowd was calling for blood. He could have nipped it in the bud much sooner.

Thought he had a poor first half but was OK in the second.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:52 - Feb 10 with 677 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:44 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Had absolutely no impact on the result. Seen a lot worse. Also wasn’t fooled for players just falling over like some are.
[Post edited 10 Feb 15:52]

Just getting boring innit.

Yeh maybe he could’ve been a bit quicker to speed them up. Aside from that thought he was good.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:56 - Feb 10 with 650 viewsDeano69

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:52 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yeh maybe he could’ve been a bit quicker to speed them up. Aside from that thought he was good.

Good? Wow.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:58 - Feb 10 with 636 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:56 - Feb 10 by Deano69

Good? Wow.

Good. Alright. Whatever you want to say. But poor. Absolutely not.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:58 - Feb 10 with 635 viewsHerbivore

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:56 - Feb 10 by Deano69

Good? Wow.

Indeed. That's a very hot take.

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 573 viewslongtimefan

There was me thinking league one refs were poor on 15:52 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

It was his non dealing with the keeper holding on to the ball that really annoyed me. He didn’t even wave at him to speed up, just let him take as much time as he wanted throughout the second half. Mind you I think our team miss trick in this respect. Someone needs to be in the ref’s ear when this is continually happening. There’s a big clock on the North Stand. Just remind the ref he’s picked up at 30 seconds past the minute, then ask the ref why he’s still got hold of it at 45 seconds past the minute, 15 seconds later, as was the case consistently today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024