Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton Celebrating equaliser 10:45 - Feb 12 with 2836 viewsgoperryrevs

Just listening to Blue Monday, and the discussion from Town in 5 about Walton not celebrating our equaliser on Saturday. Just wanted to point out that I don't think that's fair at all. When the goal goes in he jumps up, shouts and fist pumps. He does sit down before a lot of other players, but he's clearly still supporting the team even though he's not playing.

These little things can become narratives - that Walton isn't behind them or whatever. Obviously he wants to be playing, but one of the best things about our squad is that they all support each other and play a part, whether they're in the team or not. Walton was amazing for us last season, as Vaz has been this season.
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 2761 viewsitfcjoe

Was an awkward one as none of us had seen it when asked about it so did try to state that - but sure he is all in with us and performing an important role in the squad - but he'll want a move in the summer no doubt and no one can blame him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 11:05 - Feb 12 with 2622 viewsgoperryrevs

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 10:50 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Was an awkward one as none of us had seen it when asked about it so did try to state that - but sure he is all in with us and performing an important role in the squad - but he'll want a move in the summer no doubt and no one can blame him

Cheers Joe. Yeah, thought you guys were fair - it was the observation that he wasn't celebrating that was unfair.

Hope he gets a good move - assuming nothing unfortunate happens to Vaz and Walton doesn't need to step back in again for us and end up number one again.
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 2235 viewsJimmy86

Does there not come a point where Walts comes back in for Vaz soon? Or is Vaz now firmly our number one keeper? Bit of a worry if so, as out of contract in the summer?
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 13:19 - Feb 12 with 2052 viewsitfcjoe

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 12:43 - Feb 12 by Jimmy86

Does there not come a point where Walts comes back in for Vaz soon? Or is Vaz now firmly our number one keeper? Bit of a worry if so, as out of contract in the summer?

I don't see a way bar injury where Walton comes back in, Hladky's ball playing is now so important to how we play.

Seems mad that both keepers went through same thing in consecutive seasons where they seemingly lose the inability to save a shot for 7-8 games despite not really doing much wrong!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 15:16 - Feb 12 with 1770 viewsBluespeed225

It’s the spirit and togetherness of this squad that’s earned points when they were lost and made the Club a better place for all of us. What we don’t need is the sniping, probably from people online who wouldn’t say boo to a goose otherwise. We’re having a ‘sticky’ spell, expectations raised because of the great season so far, so those that haven’t maybe seen us at rock bottom can’t see how good it still is at the moment. We need to be unified from KM through the players to the fans. Get results in the next 3 games and it’ll all be rosy again.
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 1498 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He could well have others things on his mind that we don't know about.

To be fair, when I was a sub, I usually wanted the team to lose!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 18:28 - Feb 12 with 1344 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"he'll want a move in the summer no doubt and no one can blame him"

Football is a funny old game and it is not impossible that he could be our first choice keeper again by then.

If he isn't, then surely he will.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 18:38 - Feb 12 with 1298 viewsJimmy86

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 13:19 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

I don't see a way bar injury where Walton comes back in, Hladky's ball playing is now so important to how we play.

Seems mad that both keepers went through same thing in consecutive seasons where they seemingly lose the inability to save a shot for 7-8 games despite not really doing much wrong!

Is Walton not equally as capable of playing the ball? I spose Vaz does have that edge on Walton, in that regard...
Login to get fewer ads

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 18:51 - Feb 12 with 1240 viewsportmanking

It's a quite remarkable turn of events, when you think about it. From Walton diving into town centre pubs celebrating promotion and being the bedrock of our team to picking up splinters in his backside within weeks. It's a funny ol' game.
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 18:54 - Feb 12 with 1230 viewsNutkins_Return

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 13:19 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

I agree with you Walton will want a move in the summer if not back in goal which is such a shame because he's a great age for a keeper and longer term prospect than Hladky.

I actually think a better than even chance of him getting back in. Not sure we are quite there yet but I think Vaz will be slightly under the microscope as a few errors crept in and just letting a few dodgy ones in (not total clangers though). Vaz has done great no doubt though overall.
Walton Celebrating equaliser on 19:15 - Feb 12 with 1134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton Celebrating equaliser on 17:07 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

He could well have others things on his mind that we don't know about.

To be fair, when I was a sub, I usually wanted the team to lose!!

I doubt you were in line for the sort of promotion bonuses that Walton would earn if we went up, though!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024