Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another racist incident (not ITFC) 16:34 - Feb 18 with 3374 viewsyorkshireblue

Words fail me.

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2958 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently she’s been identified and Boro have been notified where she seats. I expect a lengthy ban is tonne imposed on her.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:32 - Feb 18 with 2856 viewscressi

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:17 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

Apparently she’s been identified and Boro have been notified where she seats. I expect a lengthy ban is tonne imposed on her.

I can't hear anything yea a exchange between fans but not what is alleged.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:38 - Feb 18 with 2811 viewsBarcaBlue

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:32 - Feb 18 by cressi

I think what's being said and mimed is very clear, I think you could too.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:50 - Feb 18 with 2707 viewsgtsb1966

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:38 - Feb 18 by BarcaBlue

I couldn't get it at first but now I'm assuming she is saying 'monkey' whilst doing the actions. Hell of a spot from whoever recorded it.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 21:50 - Feb 18 with 2539 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:32 - Feb 18 by cressi

You can't? I, for one, am shocked at this...
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 22:22 - Feb 18 with 2399 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:50 - Feb 18 by gtsb1966

I couldn't get it at first but now I'm assuming she is saying 'monkey' whilst doing the actions. Hell of a spot from whoever recorded it.

Yeah. It took me a couple of views, but I’m pretty sure that’s it. The accent threw me initially- seriously. You can see it’s a northern ‘mun-ke’ rather than a southern ‘maan-ki’. A very good spot. I’ve said it before, but I’m always amazed at the angry pond life in football crowds. Sone people turn into animals (or maybe they’re always like it lol). It doesn’t matter if they’ve got young kids with them either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 2068 viewsHelp

Classy woman
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:41 - Feb 19 with 2031 viewsHerbivore

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 20:38 - Feb 18 by BarcaBlue

Pretty sure at the end she also says "want a banana". You often see people downplaying racism in England but it's still a big problem when you've got people behaving like that. At least it's being called out and will hopefully be dealt with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:44 - Feb 19 with 2002 viewsredrickstuhaart

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:41 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Pretty sure at the end she also says "want a banana". You often see people downplaying racism in England but it's still a big problem when you've got people behaving like that. At least it's being called out and will hopefully be dealt with.

Its not a case of downplaying, but of some very unclear footage.

Northern monkey is of course a common insult, without any racism necessarily attached to it.

Its right to want clarity rather than hanging someone out to dry without full facts.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:46 - Feb 19 with 1977 viewsHerbivore

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:44 - Feb 19 by redrickstuhaart

Northern monkey is of course a common insult, without any racism necessarily attached to it.

Its right to want clarity rather than hanging someone out to dry without full facts.

Jesus wept.

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:47 - Feb 19 with 1977 viewsPlums

Someone from Middlesbrough calling a Leicester fan a 'northern monkey'? Not very likely is it?
If they were at Hartlepool perhaps but it's pretty clear what's going on here.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:09 - Feb 19 with 1854 viewsBlueBoots

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:47 - Feb 19 by Plums

Someone from Middlesbrough calling a Leicester fan a 'northern monkey'? Not very likely is it?
If they were at Hartlepool perhaps but it's pretty clear what's going on here.

Indeed...and if it was at Hartlepool the "monkey" would be followed by "hanger", with no need for the mime.

Anything like this should be an automatic stadium ban and fine; amazed that there are posters on this thread who can't (or won't) see what's happening.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:17 - Feb 19 with 1807 viewsredrickstuhaart

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 07:46 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Jesus wept.

Grow up. Do you really think its unreasonable to insist on facts ?

I know someone who got roundly hung out to dry for using the n word in a chat client. It was a typo. The intended phrase was "bigger nutz" (as inane as that is).

Surely its right to actually be certain about whats said / done. I saw the footage briefly last night. All I could make out was the underarm scratch- which looks awful, but if someone is correct above in suggesting it was "northern monkey" that context is important isnt it?

That said- it may be I have misunderstood the post above about southern and northern monkey. If it was simply about pronunciation, and not about what was said, then the issue falls away.
[Post edited 19 Feb 8:19]
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:26 - Feb 19 with 1754 viewsHerbivore

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:17 - Feb 19 by redrickstuhaart

I know someone who got roundly hung out to dry for using the n word in a chat client. It was a typo. The intended phrase was "bigger nutz" (as inane as that is).

Surely its right to actually be certain about whats said / done. I saw the footage briefly last night. All I could make out was the underarm scratch- which looks awful, but if someone is correct above in suggesting it was "northern monkey" that context is important isnt it?

That said- it may be I have misunderstood the post above about southern and northern monkey. If it was simply about pronunciation, and not about what was said, then the issue falls away.

They were very clearly talking about pronunciation, as has been pointed out to you the notion that a Middleborough fan is calling a Leicester fan a northern monkey is utterly ridiculous. Perhaps you should try watching it again and concentrating before pontificating about how it might all be an innocent misunderstanding?

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:30 - Feb 19 with 1732 viewsredrickstuhaart

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:26 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

They were very clearly talking about pronunciation, as has been pointed out to you the notion that a Middleborough fan is calling a Leicester fan a northern monkey is utterly ridiculous. Perhaps you should try watching it again and concentrating before pontificating about how it might all be an innocent misunderstanding?

Perhaps you should read what I said rather than being abusive to a fellow fan?

I have actively acknowledged that I have likely misunderstood the post about pronunciation.

This ridiculous agression towards people who don't perfectly toe the line, or who may have missed something with genuine and reasonable mindsets, and who are actually on the same side, is incredibly damaging to arguments, not just on here but in society. Keep polarising...
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:33 - Feb 19 with 1714 viewsHerbivore

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:30 - Feb 19 by redrickstuhaart

Perhaps you should read what I said rather than being abusive to a fellow fan?

I have actively acknowledged that I have likely misunderstood the post about pronunciation.

This ridiculous agression towards people who don't perfectly toe the line, or who may have missed something with genuine and reasonable mindsets, and who are actually on the same side, is incredibly damaging to arguments, not just on here but in society. Keep polarising...

Abusive? Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your inability to properly identify abuse, given your posts on this thread.

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:37 - Feb 19 with 1655 viewsredrickstuhaart

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:33 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Abusive? Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your inability to properly identify abuse, given your posts on this thread.

For instance, iof instead of "jesus wept" and your agressive follow up, you had posted "The poster above was talking about pronunciation, not suggesting "northern monkey" was said"...

I'd have replied "Yep- I see that now. Fair enough. I agree with all you say then."

Instead, you have an extending thread, and appear to me as a sanctimonious ****. Div listed.
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:46 - Feb 19 with 1548 viewsHerbivore

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:37 - Feb 19 by redrickstuhaart

For instance, iof instead of "jesus wept" and your agressive follow up, you had posted "The poster above was talking about pronunciation, not suggesting "northern monkey" was said"...

I'd have replied "Yep- I see that now. Fair enough. I agree with all you say then."

Instead, you have an extending thread, and appear to me as a sanctimonious ****. Div listed.

Re-read your initial post and try to understand why some might find it incredibly frustrating, especially in light of your subsequent admission that you only briefly watched the clip. Then re-read your other posts and climb down off your high horse about the aggression and abusiveness of others.

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 08:50 - Feb 19 with 1495 viewsBiGDonnie

That typo story sounds like utter BS.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 09:14 - Feb 19 with 1404 views_clive_baker_

I've watched it twice and it looks like she's scratching her pits and saying monkey to me. I don't see any evidence of it being preceded by northern. Unless I'm missing something?
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 10:51 - Feb 19 with 1205 viewsBigalhunter

Can’t see the relevance of the typo story, unless you’re suggesting she meant to shout hunky and her voice activated autocorrect kicked in?…
Another racist incident (not ITFC) on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 1155 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you like to buy a bridge?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024