Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FabriziOmari 09:14 - Feb 27 with 3303 viewsChris_ITFC

FabriziOmari on 09:18 - Feb 27 with 2826 viewsBiGDonnie

Said to a few colleagues recently that I think he'll end up going abroad to a top club. He's destined for the very top.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

FabriziOmari on 09:19 - Feb 27 with 2799 viewsDanTheMan

FabriziOmari on 09:18 - Feb 27 by BiGDonnie

Said to a few colleagues recently that I think he'll end up going abroad to a top club. He's destined for the very top.

Would love to see him back here if he got promoted but I just imagine Chelsea will cash in with a club that has serious money.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

FabriziOmari on 09:24 - Feb 27 with 2725 viewsitfcjoe

FabriziOmari on 09:19 - Feb 27 by DanTheMan

Would love to see him back here if he got promoted but I just imagine Chelsea will cash in with a club that has serious money.

I don't think Chelsea tend to send players on loan to the same club twice as well as presumably like to challenge them in a different situation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FabriziOmari on 09:24 - Feb 27 with 2715 viewsBiGDonnie

Same. We'd definitely be in the conversation if we went up, but we'd be up against top clubs for him.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

FabriziOmari on 09:25 - Feb 27 with 2695 viewsDanTheMan

FabriziOmari on 09:24 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

I don't think Chelsea tend to send players on loan to the same club twice as well as presumably like to challenge them in a different situation

The only way I could see him back here is if we bought him outright, but even with Premier League money that's probably not feasible.

FabriziOmari on 09:27 - Feb 27 with 2652 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Posted similar yesterday but anyone thinking he could be bought for c£5m is in a dreamland. If they sell him in the Summer it’ll be for £15m+, probably north of £20m. If we go up we may have an interest but it’ll probably be too rich for us

Failing that it’ll be another loan aimed at maximising his value (in which case we have a chance)

Whether he ends up back here or not though he’s been a great loan signing, for both the obvious reason but also because of the example it sets to any PL clubs thinking of loaning out their prized youngsters next season (assuming McKenna is still here of course)
[Post edited 27 Feb 9:28]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

FabriziOmari on 09:44 - Feb 27 with 2478 viewsMattinLondon

FabriziOmari on 09:24 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

Next season it will be a different situation as we’ll be in the Premier League.
FabriziOmari on 09:46 - Feb 27 with 2464 viewstractorboy1978

He's one of the best players in the league right now. I got scoffed at on here the other day, but I think over the next 12 games he is really going to prove it. The lad is going to play at the highest level.
Login to get fewer ads

FabriziOmari on 09:47 - Feb 27 with 2449 viewsChris_ITFC

FabriziOmari on 09:27 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Posted similar yesterday but anyone thinking he could be bought for c£5m is in a dreamland. If they sell him in the Summer it’ll be for £15m+, probably north of £20m. If we go up we may have an interest but it’ll probably be too rich for us

Failing that it’ll be another loan aimed at maximising his value (in which case we have a chance)

Whether he ends up back here or not though he’s been a great loan signing, for both the obvious reason but also because of the example it sets to any PL clubs thinking of loaning out their prized youngsters next season (assuming McKenna is still here of course)

You'd think so, but there isn't really a great deal of precedent for Chelsea extracting value from their crop of youngsters. In fact, a lot end up leaving for free, if you look at the loan army without first team experience at Chelsea.

As great as he's been here, I don't see him forcing his way into the mix with all of Chelsea's attackers. He'll be 21 early into next season. I would expect Chelsea to cash-in, probably to a more attractive club for Omari than us, but he only has a year on his contract, so £10m+ seems excessive.

I totally agree with you on the PL development point - a track record like that can be HUGE in attracting the best available youngsters each year.
FabriziOmari on 09:49 - Feb 27 with 2419 viewsgordon

Can't see why Chelsea would sell this summer, think a good loan next year at a mid-ranking Bundesliga team or Notts Forest etc and he's a £40 mil player.

Ah, just seen only one year left on contract, maybe they will sell this summer.
[Post edited 27 Feb 9:50]
FabriziOmari on 09:54 - Feb 27 with 2356 viewsGuthrum

FabriziOmari on 09:46 - Feb 27 by tractorboy1978

He's one of the best players in the league right now. I got scoffed at on here the other day, but I think over the next 12 games he is really going to prove it. The lad is going to play at the highest level.

People likening him to Gio, but I think he's having far more of an impact than Dos Santos (who was only here a couple of months and didn't make s significant contribution to firing us within touching range of promotion).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FabriziOmari on 10:25 - Feb 27 with 2211 viewsChris_ITFC

FabriziOmari on 09:54 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

People likening him to Gio, but I think he's having far more of an impact than Dos Santos (who was only here a couple of months and didn't make s significant contribution to firing us within touching range of promotion).

In fairness to Gio, he only had 6 league starts and 2 sub and scored 4 for us, with the manager being sacked soon after he arrived. I agree with you - it’s comparing apples and pears.

Omari’s been great, but there have been Lawrences and Frasers that have had big impacts, just without the manager and team mates to make it promotion-affecting. The environment he’s thriving in under McKenna is a big contributor.
FabriziOmari on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 2184 viewsitfc48

I get the impression that Fabrizio is very much on the payroll of some of the bigger agencies - this seems like an attempt to get his name out there.
Given the decision he made to leave Arsenal, I think Omari will very much be looking for a way out of Chelsea this summer to a top division club who will give him a clear pathway to first-team minutes.
FabriziOmari on 10:36 - Feb 27 with 2110 viewsHighgateBlue

FabriziOmari on 09:54 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

I think Gio was more obviously the stand out player on the pitch when he played - he really did look like a man against boys at times. But yes, he only had a few games, and wasn't so intrinsic a part of a squad that was clearly united as this one is. He's having more of an impact in total, but Gio really was very special in those few games he played for us.

Btw, I'm not sure how Chappers was in the Champ team of the week at Omari's expense this week, but there we go. I thought Omari was our man of the match against Brum, and the ratings on here agree (although I don't know what period of time the team of the week takes into consideration, but Omari and Burns were our two best players against Rotherham too, again in my opinion and the opinion of the TWTD player ratings).
FabriziOmari on 10:41 - Feb 27 with 2078 viewsDarkBrandon

FabriziOmari on 09:27 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Really?

He’s doing well, and I love watching him play.

But he’s only started 9 league games for us. Lots of impact from the bench, yes. But … 9?

I can’t understand how a 20 year old who is worth £10m+ is being prevented from starting games by Burns and Broadhead.

Maybe it is still that he has some developing to do, and he has a really high ceiling. Maybe his game-time is being managed. Maybe he is more effective at the moment when the defenders tire a little.

But we’ve built teams round younger players than him in the past (Dyer).

I can’t quite square this circle.
FabriziOmari on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 1904 viewsGuthrum

FabriziOmari on 10:36 - Feb 27 by HighgateBlue

I think Gio was more obviously the stand out player on the pitch when he played - he really did look like a man against boys at times. But yes, he only had a few games, and wasn't so intrinsic a part of a squad that was clearly united as this one is. He's having more of an impact in total, but Gio really was very special in those few games he played for us.

Btw, I'm not sure how Chappers was in the Champ team of the week at Omari's expense this week, but there we go. I thought Omari was our man of the match against Brum, and the ratings on here agree (although I don't know what period of time the team of the week takes into consideration, but Omari and Burns were our two best players against Rotherham too, again in my opinion and the opinion of the TWTD player ratings).

It sometimes mystifies me how Team of the Week is selected.

FabriziOmari on 11:29 - Feb 27 with 1878 viewsGuthrum

FabriziOmari on 10:41 - Feb 27 by DarkBrandon

Really?

He’s doing well, and I love watching him play.

But he’s only started 9 league games for us. Lots of impact from the bench, yes. But … 9?

I can’t understand how a 20 year old who is worth £10m+ is being prevented from starting games by Burns and Broadhead.

Maybe it is still that he has some developing to do, and he has a really high ceiling. Maybe his game-time is being managed. Maybe he is more effective at the moment when the defenders tire a little.

But we’ve built teams round younger players than him in the past (Dyer).

I can’t quite square this circle.

In part because he belongs to Chelsea. As a Prem player (even one sojourning in the Champ), that adds a bit to his price.

FabriziOmari on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 1791 viewsHelp

FabriziOmari on 10:28 - Feb 27 by itfc48

I get the impression that Fabrizio is very much on the payroll of some of the bigger agencies - this seems like an attempt to get his name out there.
Given the decision he made to leave Arsenal, I think Omari will very much be looking for a way out of Chelsea this summer to a top division club who will give him a clear pathway to first-team minutes.

That'll be Ipswich then
FabriziOmari on 11:45 - Feb 27 with 1765 viewsHelp

FabriziOmari on 11:26 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

Same way as player of the match. They ask the sponsors child who their favourite player is and so long as they are on the field. Bingo. If not it gets embarrassing to convince the child to say someone else.
FabriziOmari on 11:58 - Feb 27 with 1692 viewsitfcsuth

He's doing very well here, he is in a real good run of form lately.

I think the loan is working out really well for us, but also Omari, he probably could not have had a better real introduction to senior football.

He's at a club with real ambition, a club that plays a way that suits his attacking style, a team that is performing at the top end of the Championship, and working under one of the best young managers in Europe.

It has worked well for both, he still has a lot development in him, and look forward to seeing his journey.
FabriziOmari on 12:00 - Feb 27 with 1674 viewsDanTheMan

FabriziOmari on 11:26 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

https://www.whoscored.com/Explanations

The team is chosen from the players with the top stats from this. It's not people who have watched the games and then come to a decision.

FabriziOmari on 12:13 - Feb 27 with 1619 viewsAJblue

FabriziOmari on 09:18 - Feb 27 by BiGDonnie

He's destined for the very top.

He's gonna stay here then?

Crecy

FabriziOmari on 12:23 - Feb 27 with 1570 viewsGuthrum

FabriziOmari on 12:00 - Feb 27 by DanTheMan

https://www.whoscored.com/Explanations

The team is chosen from the players with the top stats from this. It's not people who have watched the games and then come to a decision.

Tho presumably that's how the raw data is collected, from which the stats are compiled. Or is it simply Opta tracking put into a statistical framework which assigns value to certain movements?

It must be reasonably effective, given the way clubs and other organisations put faith in it.

FabriziOmari on 12:33 - Feb 27 with 1532 viewsDanTheMan

FabriziOmari on 12:23 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

Tho presumably that's how the raw data is collected, from which the stats are compiled. Or is it simply Opta tracking put into a statistical framework which assigns value to certain movements?

It must be reasonably effective, given the way clubs and other organisations put faith in it.

There'll be an algorithm that determines the rating on a per-position basis I would imagine (e.g. tackles for defenders worth more than a tackle for a striker).

Once all the raw data gets fed through it, out pops a value and then the best ones per position get into a team of the week.

And yes, whilst they do get stick from some quarters, these statistics do have their uses. Admittedly more the raw statistics than the specific Opta algorithms, although things will have changed since I was in the industry.

FabriziOmari on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 1484 viewsitfcjoe

FabriziOmari on 09:47 - Feb 27 by Chris_ITFC

You'd think so, but there isn't really a great deal of precedent for Chelsea extracting value from their crop of youngsters. In fact, a lot end up leaving for free, if you look at the loan army without first team experience at Chelsea.

As great as he's been here, I don't see him forcing his way into the mix with all of Chelsea's attackers. He'll be 21 early into next season. I would expect Chelsea to cash-in, probably to a more attractive club for Omari than us, but he only has a year on his contract, so £10m+ seems excessive.

I totally agree with you on the PL development point - a track record like that can be HUGE in attracting the best available youngsters each year.

Chelsea have sold academy players for the best part of £300m over the last decade so there is plenty of precedent they extract value from them!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024