Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Myers RIP 10:16 - Feb 29 with 1615 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68433675

One of less punchable TV chefs for sure. Always seemed like a good fella.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dave Myers RIP on 10:21 - Feb 29 with 1565 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bit sh^t that. He was on the box around Christmas (obviously recorded in the summer) and he seemed to have been on the mend.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dave Myers RIP on 10:24 - Feb 29 with 1549 viewshype313

Sad news, always enjoyed their journeys, neither have had the arrogance you get from other celebrity chefs, just good eggs (excuse the pun)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dave Myers RIP on 10:29 - Feb 29 with 1500 viewsKeno

That is very sad news

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dave Myers RIP on 11:01 - Feb 29 with 1412 viewsBloomBlue

Sad news.

I'm not great at cooking, but I actually found many of their recipes easy and sensible. Unlike many chefs who use a particular ingredient that you have to search 100 shops to find, if costs £s and you only have one recipe that actually uses it.

Plus even in my old age I'm still a biker at heart.

66 is a nothing age these days.
Dave Myers RIP on 11:10 - Feb 29 with 1388 viewswkj

Dave Myers RIP on 11:01 - Feb 29 by BloomBlue

Sad news.

I'm not great at cooking, but I actually found many of their recipes easy and sensible. Unlike many chefs who use a particular ingredient that you have to search 100 shops to find, if costs £s and you only have one recipe that actually uses it.

Plus even in my old age I'm still a biker at heart.

66 is a nothing age these days.

Reading this made me instantly think of Nigel Slater. I am going to use just a few bits lying around that I needed to use up *pulls out a prime cut wrapped in butcher paper*

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dave Myers RIP on 11:57 - Feb 29 with 1266 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dave Myers RIP on 11:10 - Feb 29 by wkj

Reading this made me instantly think of Nigel Slater. I am going to use just a few bits lying around that I needed to use up *pulls out a prime cut wrapped in butcher paper*

'Cupboard essentials' is a classic in the front of many cookery books of the type.

'Safron harvested by one legged virgins in Tibet."

Dave Myers RIP on 12:06 - Feb 29 with 1239 viewsOldFart71

R.I.P. Dave Myers. Can't say I watched the programme very often. Nonetheless never nice to see anyone pass away. Cancer is such a dreadful thing that has hit most families. I was treated last year for prostate cancer and my Brother-in-Law has just undergone major surgery to remove his bladder, urethra and prostate due to cancer. He now has a bag where his urine collects. The only funny part of this was he told his Grandson what was happening and his Grandson said " You won't need a willie now then "
Dave Myers RIP on 15:43 - Feb 29 with 999 viewsjontysnut

Dave Myers RIP on 11:10 - Feb 29 by wkj

He's someone, like Nigella, who has 'supper' which isn't a biscuit and a glass of milk.
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Myers RIP on 17:14 - Feb 29 with 927 viewssoupytwist

That's really sad news. The friendship he and Si King had is a positive model for masculine behaviour that many could learn from.
Dave Myers RIP on 19:08 - Feb 29 with 851 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dave Myers RIP on 15:43 - Feb 29 by jontysnut

He's someone, like Nigella, who has 'supper' which isn't a biscuit and a glass of milk.

Are you 8?

Dave Myers RIP on 19:53 - Feb 29 with 817 viewsjontysnut

Dave Myers RIP on 19:08 - Feb 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Are you 8?

When I had supper, yes. Stripey pajamas, slippers and a tartan dressing gown.
Dave Myers RIP on 22:06 - Feb 29 with 763 viewsGeomorph

Dave Myers RIP on 19:53 - Feb 29 by jontysnut

When I had supper, yes. Stripey pajamas, slippers and a tartan dressing gown.

Rip to a a bit of a celebrity.. and decent bloke.. from the Furness peninsula here
Dave Myers RIP on 23:29 - Feb 29 with 701 viewsronnyd

Morning Live did a piece on him this morning and he had a rough time as a youngster due to both of his patents falling ill. But when his Dad heard that he wasn't going to art college, his father said that if he followed him into working into the Barrow in Furnace shipyards, he'd break both his bloody legs. Seemed a nice genuine guy, RIP Dave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024