Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road 14:33 - Mar 13 with 1693 viewsearlsgreenblue

6000 miles to go & 2 x flights via Abu Dhabi & guess what, no trains from Stowmarket- bus replacement service welcome to the UK.
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 14:34 - Mar 13 with 1681 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why don't you just park at Gatwick?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 14:35 - Mar 13 with 1670 viewsearlsgreenblue

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 14:34 - Mar 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Why don't you just park at Gatwick?

No trains from there either, probably!
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 14:54 - Mar 13 with 1588 viewsGeoffSentence

Got bad news for you, due to airworks there is a bus replacement service between Chennai and Abu Dhabi as well.

Safe journey.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 15:49 - Mar 13 with 1453 viewsKeno

easy, take a parachute and jump out over Ipswich

if challenged just say you are D B Cooper

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 16:46 - Mar 13 with 1371 viewsMJallday

MAA airport facilities are worse than awful

There’s literally a coffee shop and a man selling Tuk tuks

Thoughts and prayers

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 17:06 - Mar 13 with 1330 viewsLinners

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 15:49 - Mar 13 by Keno

easy, take a parachute and jump out over Ipswich

if challenged just say you are D B Cooper

That's a lovely niche reference...
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 22:26 - Mar 13 with 1173 viewsKeno

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 17:06 - Mar 13 by Linners

Thank you, I’m glad someone appreciated it

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 23:48 - Mar 13 with 1103 viewsSwansea_Blue

Routine story that. The last few trips me and the Mrs Swanners have taken overseas for work or holiday have been plain sailing once you escape the UK or get back to it. Nothing works any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:39 - Mar 14 with 892 viewsshady

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 16:46 - Mar 13 by MJallday

MAA airport facilities are worse than awful

There’s literally a coffee shop and a man selling Tuk tuks

Thoughts and prayers

Well, I have to bite at this because Chennai is my closest airport.
Unsure if you are speaking of arrivals or departures.
Arrivals, like all airports, is a bit spartan but then you are about to enter the funfair where everything is everywhere all at once.
Aerohub mall is just outside. Also a metro station and a railway station.

South Indian filter coffee is a local delicacy and cheap. As you approach the airport its price increases from 20p to 50p (just outside) and of course much more when in departure lounge. There are also international type coffee shops in the departure terminal.
Like so much here it’s about good intentions but poor design, overviews and lack of maintenance. Chennai airport is actually infamous for the glass wall ceiling tiles suddenly falling down and the odd monkey.
Maybe you dodged a bullet.
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:42 - Mar 14 with 886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:39 - Mar 14 by shady

Arrivals, like all airports, is a bit spartan but then you are about to enter the funfair where everything is everywhere all at once.

South Indian filter coffee is a local delicacy and cheap. As you approach the airport its price increases from 20p to 50p (just outside) and of course much more when in departure lounge. There are also international type coffee shops in the departure terminal.
Like so much here it’s about good intentions but poor design, overviews and lack of maintenance. Chennai airport is actually infamous for the glass wall ceiling tiles suddenly falling down and the odd monkey.

What's odd about the monkey?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 851 viewsWeWereZombies

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:42 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

You have to dodge bullets ? Some people will sell a gun no matter what the customer's appearance is like.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:50 - Mar 14 with 847 viewsKeno

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:42 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:51 - Mar 14 with 833 viewsshady

Solitary monkeys become odd,
they can't read the exit signs and see lots of food stalls.
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 12:53 - Mar 14 with 752 viewsearlsgreenblue

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:39 - Mar 14 by shady

Ha, we got back, missus found a Martini Bar in departures so was happy, an interesting place for sure. See you all at FPR..
Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 692 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 17:06 - Mar 13 by Linners

Too niche I’d say, bordering nerdy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 15:16 - Mar 15 with 537 viewsMJallday

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 10:51 - Mar 14 by shady

Solitary monkeys become odd,
they can't read the exit signs and see lots of food stalls.

When I was out there a man tried to coax a monkey off the hotel roof by waving a banana in its vague direction

Half an hour he was at it. Then the monkey p*ssed off the other direction

Hillarious (well it was to me)

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Waiting in Chennai Airport enroute to Portman Road on 15:29 - Mar 15 with 514 views_clive_baker_

Long way for a 0-0

Safe travels
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024