Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool - Easter weekend 17:22 - Mar 14 with 949 viewsZx1988

Hoping to make the trek up to Blackburn on Good Friday, and to turn it into a couple of nights away in Blackpool with the missus.

I get the feeling that, based on previous matches against Blackpool often having been at opportune times of the year, this isn't a trip that's necessarily unfamiliar to the TWTD crowd.

Any recommendations as to decent places to stay? We're hoping to find a decent small B&B or suchlike. A quick look at the appropriate websites suggests that there's still decent availability at good prices so close to the Easter weekend, so we're hopeful that the hive mind might help us unearth a gem!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 18:09 - Mar 14 with 868 viewsITFC_Forever

Blackpool is, politely putting it, a seaside town whose best years are behind it. A very long way behind it.

We went up for the Fleetwood game at the end of last season, and stayed at Blackpool FC’s ground, they have a hotel built into one the stands, and it was decent as well to be fair.

We then walked along the prom in search of refreshment and every pub had a gang of blokes loitering outside that looked like they wanted to kill anyone who caught their eye.

We eventually can to the Northern Soul bar where there were other Town fans we recognised so we went in there (safety in numbers mainly!) and to be fair, it was a decent evening.
More and more Town fans came in and then headed across to Walkabout where there were even more…: the dj got fed up with our constant request for Can’t Get Enough, so we asked for Don’t You Want Me Baby, and everyone sang in praise of Conor Chaplin instead - he walked right into that one.

Turned into a very good night in the end, but the walk through Blackpool to the prom takes you past guest houses which haven’t seen a lick of paint in 50 years and along the prom felt dicey as anything.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 18:52 - Mar 14 with 820 viewsjontysnut

Blackpool is ok. Yes there are some horrible pubs and behind the seafront things can be a bit rough, but the same can be said of anywhere. There are some micropubs and craft beer bars, the old market hall is now a foodie place, you can get the tram up and down, Lytham isn't far away and there are some good bars and restaurants there. Last time I went I used Booking.Com and got a perfectly good old school B&B on South Shore for less than £50. Enjoy!
Blackpool - Easter weekend on 19:05 - Mar 14 with 787 viewsMeadowlark

Stayed at Headlands hotel at the southern end of the seafront for Fleetwood last season. It was a cheap and cheerful old fashioned hotel with plenty of free parking and a great cooked breakfast.
It was a little tired and creaky but the staff were great.
Blackpool - Easter weekend on 20:10 - Mar 14 with 704 viewsfactual_blue

If you're thinking of going to Blackpool, I'd recommend Coverack in Cornwall as a nice place to stay. It has the added attraction of about 390 miles away from Blackpool.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 20:15 - Mar 14 with 689 viewsTractorCam

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 18:09 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

Blackpool is, politely putting it, a seaside town whose best years are behind it. A very long way behind it.

We went up for the Fleetwood game at the end of last season, and stayed at Blackpool FC’s ground, they have a hotel built into one the stands, and it was decent as well to be fair.

We then walked along the prom in search of refreshment and every pub had a gang of blokes loitering outside that looked like they wanted to kill anyone who caught their eye.

We eventually can to the Northern Soul bar where there were other Town fans we recognised so we went in there (safety in numbers mainly!) and to be fair, it was a decent evening.
More and more Town fans came in and then headed across to Walkabout where there were even more…: the dj got fed up with our constant request for Can’t Get Enough, so we asked for Don’t You Want Me Baby, and everyone sang in praise of Conor Chaplin instead - he walked right into that one.

Turned into a very good night in the end, but the walk through Blackpool to the prom takes you past guest houses which haven’t seen a lick of paint in 50 years and along the prom felt dicey as anything.

Walkabout was class, "no more football chants please"

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 20:47 - Mar 14 with 645 viewsITFC_Forever

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 20:15 - Mar 14 by TractorCam

Walkabout was class, "no more football chants please"

Yep.

That night is going to live long in the memory.

We were in a corner of the dance floor, and could see all round the place. When a Town song took off, you see nearly everyone around the whole bar singing it, much to the bemusement of the minority who weren’t Town fans.

Such a good night, a proper promotion party.

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 21:09 - Mar 14 with 604 viewsJakeITFC

Blackpool is certainly an experience nowadays (it’s probably in the conversation for worst places I’ve ever been to), but brilliant fun.

There are tonnes of hotels in good locations for not much money at all, but I think that Travelodge (of which there are also a few) is better in quality than any I’ve stayed in to give an idea of quality. Blackpool North (by the tower) is the better part of town and closer to the nightlife etc. I imagine it will be fairly lively and a good place to be over Easter.
Blackpool - Easter weekend on 09:33 - Mar 15 with 437 viewssolemio

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 20:10 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

If you're thinking of going to Blackpool, I'd recommend Coverack in Cornwall as a nice place to stay. It has the added attraction of about 390 miles away from Blackpool.

Not an overly sensible recommendation, Facterrs.

My suggestion would be Staithes in North Yorkshire.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 10:06 - Mar 15 with 406 viewsITFC_Forever

Some of my words may have been slightly tongue-in-cheek - but the struggle is real for some of the people who live on the Fylde coast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68435667

Blackpool - Easter weekend on 10:08 - Mar 15 with 403 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Gurkha hotel. Also benefits from having an Asian buffet restaurant on site if that tickles your fancy. Downstairs bar and beer garden.

It's a five minute walk from the Blackpool South station and another 5 minutes walk to the ground. You are also a few minutes from the Town Centre and seafront. I trained it all the way from Ipswich with changes at Euston and Preston and had no need to use any public transport in Blackpool itself.

I stayed there for four days of the Rebellion festival a couple of years ago and it was perfectly serviceable.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024