Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stadium big screen 09:23 - Mar 17 with 1497 viewsslade1

My Son asked me a question about the big screen in the stadium but I didn't have the answer.
Why do a lot of other teams have the game on the stadium screens 'live' and we don't?
Yes we have the replays of goals but not the actual match.
Does anyone know ?
Cheers
stadium big screen on 09:40 - Mar 17 with 1380 views_clive_baker_

Don’t want our fans to cotton on to how lucky we are?

#DeflectionFC
#haventplayedanyonegoodyet
stadium big screen on 09:50 - Mar 17 with 1336 viewsNthQldITFC

Why would you though? I go to a match to watch it in reality, not through a screen.

I suppose if we had a 'big screen' showing the match live, I could get a mate in the ground to point their phone at the big screen and live stream it to me so I could watch it on my phone in the SBR Upper whilst eating popcorn?

Why are we so obsessed with screens and technology, we're losing our souls and not only that, we're having to knock through between our sitting rooms and dining rooms in order to 'upgrade' our tellies, and in doing so the three ducks haven't got anywhere to hang on the wall now. Was goin on? I want the eighties back!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

stadium big screen on 09:53 - Mar 17 with 1307 viewsslade1

stadium big screen on 09:50 - Mar 17 by NthQldITFC

Why would you though? I go to a match to watch it in reality, not through a screen.

I suppose if we had a 'big screen' showing the match live, I could get a mate in the ground to point their phone at the big screen and live stream it to me so I could watch it on my phone in the SBR Upper whilst eating popcorn?

Why are we so obsessed with screens and technology, we're losing our souls and not only that, we're having to knock through between our sitting rooms and dining rooms in order to 'upgrade' our tellies, and in doing so the three ducks haven't got anywhere to hang on the wall now. Was goin on? I want the eighties back!

NthQldITFC
I totally agree with you, I cant be bothered with people who stare at their phones when I am talking to them for example, just damn rude.

I was only asking the question to try and get an answer for my Son.
[Post edited 17 Mar 9:54]
stadium big screen on 09:59 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewsNthQldITFC

stadium big screen on 09:53 - Mar 17 by slade1

NthQldITFC
I totally agree with you, I cant be bothered with people who stare at their phones when I am talking to them for example, just damn rude.

I was only asking the question to try and get an answer for my Son.
[Post edited 17 Mar 9:54]

Yeah, sorry, my answer was mostly in jest but I'm also a little grumpy this morning because I've got a bit of a headache from watching too much telly last night.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

stadium big screen on 11:05 - Mar 17 with 1118 viewsurbanpenguin

At the Millwall game I found the live big screen so, so useful. It had a five second delay from the action, so when I couldn't see something clearly at the other end of the pitch, or I wanted to check what I thought was a foul or penalty, etc, I could quickly look up. It really improved the live viewing experience.
stadium big screen on 11:20 - Mar 17 with 1067 viewsslade1

stadium big screen on 11:05 - Mar 17 by urbanpenguin

At the Millwall game I found the live big screen so, so useful. It had a five second delay from the action, so when I couldn't see something clearly at the other end of the pitch, or I wanted to check what I thought was a foul or penalty, etc, I could quickly look up. It really improved the live viewing experience.

I agree. I don't know the reason we don't have the match on the screen at PR.
stadium big screen on 11:28 - Mar 17 with 1033 viewsitfc_bucks

You get enough signal to stream something inside PR?

I can't even send a bloody text message from SBRL!
stadium big screen on 11:57 - Mar 17 with 974 viewsslade1

stadium big screen on 11:28 - Mar 17 by itfc_bucks

You get enough signal to stream something inside PR?

I can't even send a bloody text message from SBRL!

Nor can I. My internet goes off in the ground
Login to get fewer ads

stadium big screen on 12:03 - Mar 17 with 948 viewsTrequartista

The eighties was when we had the most interactive scoreboard in our history. Live action of three 'fans' celebrating each goal. Sort of.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

stadium big screen on 13:12 - Mar 17 with 815 viewsstonojnr

stadium big screen on 12:03 - Mar 17 by Trequartista

The eighties was when we had the most interactive scoreboard in our history. Live action of three 'fans' celebrating each goal. Sort of.

Dont get stuck in a corner :)

I do think they should bring back some of those classic scoreboard animations, the three stick fans were epic.
stadium big screen on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 737 viewsBugs

stadium big screen on 11:57 - Mar 17 by slade1

Nor can I. My internet goes off in the ground

Turn off 4G on your phone and use 3G. It's slower than 4G of course, but because there is less demand on 3G it's actually useable.....at least if your phone provider is using the EE network. Other networks I don't know about.
stadium big screen on 14:08 - Mar 17 with 695 viewsmutters

I concur, lets start a campaign to replace TWTD with a post by mail forum?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

stadium big screen on 14:29 - Mar 17 with 653 viewsmrfixit426

stadium big screen on 11:20 - Mar 17 by slade1

I agree. I don't know the reason we don't have the match on the screen at PR.

McKenna said at the time the screen went up that he didn't want the game shown on it as it can be a distraction for the players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024