Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday 13:15 - Mar 17 with 2225 viewsMiaow

Coming out of the club shop with my dad and walking back down Portman Road, I spotted a man and his wife walking towards us — I think they had just left through the Hall of Fame exit. I quickly realised who he was and thought I would have to stop and ask if he would sign my autograph book that I had on me (sad, I know) as I may never have another opportunity. He was happy to shake my hand and sign my book and also pose for a photo or two. I asked if he was back for the Former Players Association dinner and he said that he was. He may have wondered why a younger fan would have been interested in stopping to speak to him but he had no problem with taking a few moments to do so and I’m grateful that he did. I think his is only the sixth autograph I’ve got in my little book but it has to be the most high-profile. Walking a short distance further along Portman Road, we then looked up and saw his picture in full on one of those panels on the back of the Cobbold Stand...

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:23 - Mar 17 with 2113 viewsRyorry

Wow, what a spot, well done!

Glad he's back at PR to take in our current joyous days!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:28 - Mar 17 with 2064 viewsblueislander

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:23 - Mar 17 by Ryorry

Wow, what a spot, well done!

Glad he's back at PR to take in our current joyous days!

Last time I saw him on TV about a year ago he looked half his age.
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:32 - Mar 17 with 2007 viewsMK1

Lucky enough to meet him a few years back. A real gent.
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 1922 viewsSitfcB

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:28 - Mar 17 by blueislander

Last time I saw him on TV about a year ago he looked half his age.

Looks great for his age!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 14:06 - Mar 17 with 1816 viewsOldFart71

The chant by fans back in Ray's day was Jungle Boy OOH OOH. I believe it was to do with his days in Malaya on Army duty. He was born in 1936 and joined Town at 22 years of age. Helping Town win Division One (Now the Premier League) When he left Town he moved to several clubs before eventually joining Colchester Utd for whom he helped to beat Leeds Utd in a famous Cup victory scoring two goals.
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 14:47 - Mar 17 with 1675 viewswitchdoctor

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 14:06 - Mar 17 by OldFart71

The chant by fans back in Ray's day was Jungle Boy OOH OOH. I believe it was to do with his days in Malaya on Army duty. He was born in 1936 and joined Town at 22 years of age. Helping Town win Division One (Now the Premier League) When he left Town he moved to several clubs before eventually joining Colchester Utd for whom he helped to beat Leeds Utd in a famous Cup victory scoring two goals.

he returned to the Town a few years after leaving and he then was part of the side who gained promotion to the top flight….
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 16:00 - Mar 17 with 1446 viewsWestover

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 14:06 - Mar 17 by OldFart71

And I was one of the fans singing it, wonderful days with Crawford and Phillips up front.
I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 1064 viewsbluebudgie

My first Town hero when I went as a boy in the 60s
Login to get fewer ads

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 20:33 - Mar 17 with 873 viewsBluespeed225

I met an Ipswich Town legend yesterday on 13:48 - Mar 17 by SitfcB

Looks great for his age!

He really does! What great pics, Hamilton, lovely one of Pat G with Kieron and King Frans! What a great night it looked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024