Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 + 2 = 6 post of the day 16:07 - Mar 23 with 1616 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Chelsea reportedly have to make £100 million of sales by 30th June, or face FFP sanctions.

https://talksport.com/football/1765640/chelsea-100m-player-sales-june-deadline-f

ITFC have just received substantial investment.

The likelihood of Omari signing permanently has surely increased?
2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 16:21 - Mar 23 with 1515 viewsHighgateBlue

We won't be able to afford to buy him permanently within the P&S rules unless we go up. If we go up, his value is surely 8 figures. It's a lot, but he fits the profile of the sorts of signings that Ashton is well known for, and of course Omari is well known to the Club and the fans. If we go up, we should, and I imagine we will, try to get him. It would be terrific if we succeeded.

But I really don't think that it pays to think about it too much until we know what division we'll be in. And I'd rather think about promotion anyway - after all, we're not trying to go up in order to grab Omari. We grabbed Omari in order to try to go up. COYB.
2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 16:56 - Mar 23 with 1327 viewsArnoldMoorhen

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 16:21 - Mar 23 by HighgateBlue

We won't be able to afford to buy him permanently within the P&S rules unless we go up. If we go up, his value is surely 8 figures. It's a lot, but he fits the profile of the sorts of signings that Ashton is well known for, and of course Omari is well known to the Club and the fans. If we go up, we should, and I imagine we will, try to get him. It would be terrific if we succeeded.

But I really don't think that it pays to think about it too much until we know what division we'll be in. And I'd rather think about promotion anyway - after all, we're not trying to go up in order to grab Omari. We grabbed Omari in order to try to go up. COYB.

If this money is coming into the club as equity capital, rather than a director's loan, my understanding is that we are allowed to spend it, as it counts as income.
2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 17:13 - Mar 23 with 1249 viewsDarkBrandon

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 16:56 - Mar 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

If this money is coming into the club as equity capital, rather than a director's loan, my understanding is that we are allowed to spend it, as it counts as income.

I don’t think this is right:

https://news.sky.com/story/everything-you-need-to-know-about-financial-fair-play

That page isn’t about the efl, but I don’t think it is different.
2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 17:43 - Mar 23 with 1116 viewsacj

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 16:56 - Mar 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

Believe that is the case for clubs in leagues one and two, but there is a different set of rules governing FFP in the championship.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 18:43 - Mar 23 with 945 viewsSwansea_Blue

They spent an eye watering amount on average players for Potter. Over £300M worth to assemble the most average Chelsea side in years. Another £450M under Poch this season. Madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 19:52 - Mar 23 with 837 viewsVic

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 18:43 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

They spent an eye watering amount on average players for Potter. Over £300M worth to assemble the most average Chelsea side in years. Another £450M under Poch this season. Madness.

That can’t be right. Abramovic was the irresponsible spender, not the good guy that came after him!!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 20:20 - Mar 23 with 771 viewsNthsuffolkblue

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 17:13 - Mar 23 by DarkBrandon

I don’t think this is right:

https://news.sky.com/story/everything-you-need-to-know-about-financial-fair-play

That page isn’t about the efl, but I don’t think it is different.

I agree with you. Quite sure the interview the club did stated the money is available to spend but not on transfer fees.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

2 + 2 = 6 post of the day on 20:23 - Mar 23 with 753 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think there's any chance of OH signing for us, as much as I'd love it. The only chance of a return would be on loan, and then I'd guess only if we're promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024