Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten thousand for the women's team today 17:53 - Mar 23 with 3704 viewsGeoffSentence

Blimey, that's not bad. Any idea what the record is for this level of women's football?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:46 - Mar 24 with 333 viewsjayessess

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:11 - Mar 24 by Vaughan8

Before I say this, this isn't a pop at your personally.

But isn't the issue that everyone will say, oh it was great gNe etc but not go to another game until they're back at PR. I've seen Facebook comments to the same effect.

I'm guessing this is a 1 game a season thing?

Surely what the team needs is people going more regularly at their regular ground (is it still at Felixstowe)?

It's not for me, and I'm not local, but I'm guessing 95% of people won't see another match until its back at PR.

I wonder if long term they might end up getting a mini-stadium at Playford Road? The pitches there have got to be better than the AGL.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 311 viewsLord_Lucan

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:11 - Mar 24 by Vaughan8

Before I say this, this isn't a pop at your personally.

But isn't the issue that everyone will say, oh it was great gNe etc but not go to another game until they're back at PR. I've seen Facebook comments to the same effect.

I'm guessing this is a 1 game a season thing?

Surely what the team needs is people going more regularly at their regular ground (is it still at Felixstowe)?

It's not for me, and I'm not local, but I'm guessing 95% of people won't see another match until its back at PR.

No offence taken.

I'm not a big follower of womens football and I simply don't have time to watch them, although I have in the past considered going to Felixstowe.

Fact is, I have a season ticket at FPR but I have so little time that I have only been to two games this season.

Just so happened that yesterday I had some time and I wanted to show them my support for what must have been a special day for them.

Mother is into womens football so I want to take her but she is too old to stand through a game at Felixstowe.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 15:51 - Mar 24 with 267 viewsfarkenhell

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:17 - Mar 24 by Vaughan8

The quality thing may be a thing for some people. However I watched a Spartan South Midlands League Division One game yesterday.

Quality, not great, entertainment and errors etc, brilliant. It had it all!

Incidentally, which game did you watch? Many, many years ago, I played in that league (although in the Premier Division).
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 16:48 - Mar 24 with 237 viewsMullet

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:46 - Mar 24 by jayessess

I wonder if long term they might end up getting a mini-stadium at Playford Road? The pitches there have got to be better than the AGL.

I think they'd need something like City have and then make it available to the community for events (we use theirs for school sports day).

It'd also need to be all weather to make it attractive and stop games getting cancelled - all that is going to need a big uptick in sales at Planet Blue even to offset the losses they'd make for years.

The thinness of the talent pool is going to be a massive stumbling block too. I'm not sure if you do all that will it make it more viable? The location presumably doesn't help them go beyond a few hundred either?

You probably need some sort of link up with Rainbow Tractors, the foodbank guys and all the other fan groups to drum up interest in the interim maybe. Connect them with local schools and girls teams too and you're going to build some momentum I suspect.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024