Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSL Section 6 22:52 - Apr 10 with 3086 viewsWeirdFishes

Anyone want to back the team? I look around and 99% of you are just blankly staring forward making absolutely no effort to create an atmosphere.

A flat second half from the team but an actually atmosphere could have given us a lift there.

A lot of you should be embarrassed.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

NSL Section 6 on 22:56 - Apr 10 with 2462 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sounded very quiet on the telly.
NSL Section 6 on 23:02 - Apr 10 with 2410 viewsbazza

Don’t think it’s fair to specifically single out section 6, crowd was abysmal tonight, chance to go top of the league and 4 games remaining, and struggling to string a song together, I Suppose It’s just modern football, at home. I do think the big chunk of vocal Fans that moved out of NSL, could have made a mistake.
[Post edited 10 Apr 23:03]
NSL Section 6 on 23:19 - Apr 10 with 2312 viewsUSA

There’s a whole stadium that could help
NSL Section 6 on 07:00 - Apr 11 with 2100 viewssotd78

Sitting in the lower west I would suggest you really can't hear us from where you are in the Lego stand with its dreadful acoustics.
Lots of times the whole ground was very involved.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

NSL Section 6 on 07:37 - Apr 11 with 2008 viewsWeirdFishes

NSL Section 6 on 23:02 - Apr 10 by bazza

Don’t think it’s fair to specifically single out section 6, crowd was abysmal tonight, chance to go top of the league and 4 games remaining, and struggling to string a song together, I Suppose It’s just modern football, at home. I do think the big chunk of vocal Fans that moved out of NSL, could have made a mistake.

I only single them out because that’s where I am. Group of 5 of us all fed up of 99% of people around who don’t make any noise. They want to be in the stand with the atmosphere but have no intent of helping create it.

TWTD Participant

NSL Section 6 on 08:09 - Apr 11 with 1922 viewsBlue_Heath

The biggest issue is the lack of sync between section 6 and NS often singing two different songs at same time.
NSL Section 6 on 08:12 - Apr 11 with 1916 viewsBlue_Order

NSL Section 6 on 23:02 - Apr 10 by bazza

Or perhaps the mistake was made by those in the NSL not getting involved with the vocal chunk for 4 years when we were there, or by kicking off and accusing us of being selfish when we floated the idea of moving centrally behind the goal. If that would have happened, I can guarantee the atmosphere would be a lot better now, but those people weren’t willing to make that sacrifice.

That then left us with no choice but to move elsewhere, and so all you’re seeing now is exactly how it was before we were in Section 6. The only solutions are for the club to either install an ultras style curve in the corner when the cobbold is rebuilt, or to ‘force’ folk in the middle to move seats. I don’t see either of those things happening, so nothing will ever really change. We’ll just have these threads after every game until the end of time instead.
NSL Section 6 on 08:26 - Apr 11 with 1880 viewsCuffy81

Very flat atmosphere tonight I thought

Tried my best in section 5 but felt like I was the minority
Login to get fewer ads

NSL Section 6 on 08:54 - Apr 11 with 1796 viewspennblue

NSL Section 6 on 08:26 - Apr 11 by Cuffy81

Very flat atmosphere tonight I thought

Tried my best in section 5 but felt like I was the minority

Its heads down, lets go again on Saturday and hope it is better. People will have more beer in them then which definitely helps.

So the subject does need revisiting imo (in the close season)

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

NSL Section 6 on 08:57 - Apr 11 with 1786 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought the atmosphere was fine... and both KM and Sam said the fans were great (Sam even picked out a particular minute he noticed us roaring them forward).

Instead of digging out fans on here, why don't try to rouse them in the stadium if you think they're not singing enough?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

NSL Section 6 on 09:03 - Apr 11 with 1747 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

NSL Section 6 on 08:57 - Apr 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I thought the atmosphere was fine... and both KM and Sam said the fans were great (Sam even picked out a particular minute he noticed us roaring them forward).

Instead of digging out fans on here, why don't try to rouse them in the stadium if you think they're not singing enough?

Exactly - armchair fans having a pop at those that turned up in numbers on a weekday is a little rich.

Not sure why the constant need to moan at fellow supporters.
NSL Section 6 on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 1667 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

NSL Section 6 on 09:03 - Apr 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Exactly - armchair fans having a pop at those that turned up in numbers on a weekday is a little rich.

Indeed. I was originally going to watch on TownTV (particularly when we're at home again Saturday) but made a late decision that I needed to be there to support the team, so drove 4 hours to do just that. So it's a bit annoying to see people coming on here moaning about the support.

NSL Section 6 on 09:51 - Apr 11 with 1618 viewsWeirdFishes

I was? That is literally the point of the OP.

No one was joining in. We're going for promotion to the Premier League and the atmosphere in our supposed noisy stand was akin to a end of season mid table clash with nothing to play for.

TWTD Participant

NSL Section 6 on 09:55 - Apr 11 with 1603 views_clive_baker_

Thought the atmosphere was alright myself. Those complaining seem to mostly be 'on the telly'. Also its not just down to Section 6 to try and create the atmosphere, there's nearly 30,000 town fans in there and if they all gave a bit it would be rocking.
NSL Section 6 on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 1472 viewsITFC_Cotton

I commend what Blue Action has done since their inception, just wish more fans in S6 got their heads out of their backside to actually help create an atmosphere with them. Can’t speak for the rest of the North Lower but OP is 100% right with regards to S6.
NSL Section 6 on 10:58 - Apr 11 with 1420 viewsnoggin

Plenty of people have commented on the poor atmosphere, both at Norwich and last night.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

NSL Section 6 on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 1330 viewstheipswichman

I sit in section 6 and couldn’t believe how awfully quiet it was. Songs were being sung by blue action and a few in section 6 but you look across all the way to S5 and so many people just standing there like statues not trying to get behind the team. If there’s a time to get behind them it’s now. It’s not only section 6 but I can only speak for where I personally sit. So disappointed in our fans last night.
NSL Section 6 on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 1181 viewsstonojnr

NSL Section 6 on 09:03 - Apr 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Because they'd have nothing else to complain about :)
NSL Section 6 on 13:58 - Apr 11 with 1122 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

NSL Section 6 on 09:51 - Apr 11 by WeirdFishes

I was? That is literally the point of the OP.

No one was joining in. We're going for promotion to the Premier League and the atmosphere in our supposed noisy stand was akin to a end of season mid table clash with nothing to play for.

Your OP doesn't make it clear you were haranguing people in the ground to sing up, just looks like moaning on here after the event.

I'm in Block 5 and I thought it was fine. McKenna and Morsy have praised the crowd. You're being way OTT in you OP IMO.

NSL Section 6 on 14:20 - Apr 11 with 1091 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

NSL Section 6 on 10:58 - Apr 11 by noggin

Plenty of people have commented on the poor atmosphere, both at Norwich and last night.

I'm not talking about Norwich as I wasn't there.

Plenty have said it was fine last night too, including the manager and captain. I happen to be one of those. Not sure what point you're making.

NSL Section 6 on 14:51 - Apr 11 with 1048 viewsWeirdFishes

NSL Section 6 on 13:58 - Apr 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Your OP doesn't make it clear you were haranguing people in the ground to sing up, just looks like moaning on here after the event.

I'm in Block 5 and I thought it was fine. McKenna and Morsy have praised the crowd. You're being way OTT in you OP IMO.

You’re entitled to your opinion obviously and my gripe isn’t to do with block 5, I’m not there so it may well feel better in there. I’m specifically talking about Block 6 and clearly I’m not the only person with that opinion.

N.B - McKenna and Morsy are hardly going to come out and say anything else!

TWTD Participant

NSL Section 6 on 15:06 - Apr 11 with 1015 viewsnoggin

NSL Section 6 on 14:20 - Apr 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not talking about Norwich as I wasn't there.

Plenty have said it was fine last night too, including the manager and captain. I happen to be one of those. Not sure what point you're making.

My point was, I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

NSL Section 6 on 15:42 - Apr 11 with 956 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

NSL Section 6 on 14:51 - Apr 11 by WeirdFishes

You’re entitled to your opinion obviously and my gripe isn’t to do with block 5, I’m not there so it may well feel better in there. I’m specifically talking about Block 6 and clearly I’m not the only person with that opinion.

N.B - McKenna and Morsy are hardly going to come out and say anything else!

McKenna, sure, he always praises the fans regardless. But Morsy actually said he noticed the crowd roaring them on and looked up at the clock to see it was the 60th minute. There's no need to put in that kind of detail if it wasn't true.

NSL Section 6 on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 938 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

NSL Section 6 on 15:06 - Apr 11 by noggin

My point was, I don't know what point you're trying to make.

I'd have thought my point was pretty clear - the atmosphere was fine, stop knocking fellow supporters.

I just find it bizarre when I come on here after a game I was at, where I hadn't noticed anything particularly good or bad about the crowd, to see people slating the fans with comments saying things like they should be embarrassed.

It's not perfect, the atmosphere could always be better, but there are far worse than Town supporters.

NSL Section 6 on 15:50 - Apr 11 with 935 viewsTVRBlue

I'm in section 5 and thought the singing/chanting wasn't too bad in there for most of the game.

A big heads up to section 4 nearest the west stand who really do get lots of singing going which a lot of section 5 join in with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024