Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester 09:02 - Apr 16 with 2086 viewsElderGrizzly

Think that’s three times in about 3 days he’s leapt to his defence against fan pressure

[Post edited 16 Apr 9:03]
Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:10 - Apr 16 with 1988 viewsunbelievablue

Has anyone worked out why?

It's quite funny how little objectivity he has.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:13 - Apr 16 with 1961 viewsyorkshireblue

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:10 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

I think his header image on his Twitter profile gives a bit of a clue.
Nice little compilation of last three games there on 09:14 - Apr 16 with 1949 viewsDyland

They've really lost their shooting boots haven't they. Long may it continue.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:25 - Apr 16 with 1876 viewsGuthrum

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:10 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

Other teams seem to have one player who persistently handballs in the box and never gets penalised. They're so blatant, he even wears gloves! Dodgy refereeing ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:51 - Apr 16 with 1739 viewsyorkshireblue

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:13 - Apr 16 by yorkshireblue

I think his header image on his Twitter profile gives a bit of a clue.

Oh he's changed it... but previously it was advertising 'An evening with Enzo' that he was hosting.

Also, spotted this on my feed last night....

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:54 - Apr 16 with 1701 viewsNthQldITFC

Who hell he?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:56 - Apr 16 with 1687 viewsSteve_M

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:51 - Apr 16 by yorkshireblue

Oh he's changed it... but previously it was advertising 'An evening with Enzo' that he was hosting.

Also, spotted this on my feed last night....

Interesting, I had seen that account and thought it was a bit odd in being so Leicester-focused but never looked at that closely.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 10:13 - Apr 16 with 1603 viewsitfcjoe

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 09:56 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

Interesting, I had seen that account and thought it was a bit odd in being so Leicester-focused but never looked at that closely.

If it is a Leicester analyst it does go some way to illustrate the divide between the players and the staff

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 10:21 - Apr 16 with 1514 viewsEuropablue

Watching that video, it looks like they are getting into good positions and have good patterns of play. The manager might need a good number two because he seems to lack a bit of steel.
I think it's fair to say that the Leicester job is a tough one. The team spirit was pathetic last season. They looked like they got out of relegation trouble in the middle of the season, then just seemed to resign themselves to relegation. There has been a lot of change, but not enough to weed out the mentally weak and fairweather players. I think we can make a fair comparison to our worst run of form when we didn't have Hirst. Our team kept on getting draws, so we were showing fight, but we weren't reaching our earlier heights. We were still very much behind the team and the manager even though most pundits were predicting a collapse. We all knew that if we could just make it to the January window, KM would bring in some reinforcements and we could come back stronger. Leicester look mentally shot, and the fans aren't really behind the team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Leicester didn't get another win in their last 4 matches. It also wouldn't surprise me if they limped over the line and still clinched promotion.
Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 1426 viewsDyland

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 10:21 - Apr 16 by Europablue

Watching that video, it looks like they are getting into good positions and have good patterns of play. The manager might need a good number two because he seems to lack a bit of steel.
I think it's fair to say that the Leicester job is a tough one. The team spirit was pathetic last season. They looked like they got out of relegation trouble in the middle of the season, then just seemed to resign themselves to relegation. There has been a lot of change, but not enough to weed out the mentally weak and fairweather players. I think we can make a fair comparison to our worst run of form when we didn't have Hirst. Our team kept on getting draws, so we were showing fight, but we weren't reaching our earlier heights. We were still very much behind the team and the manager even though most pundits were predicting a collapse. We all knew that if we could just make it to the January window, KM would bring in some reinforcements and we could come back stronger. Leicester look mentally shot, and the fans aren't really behind the team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Leicester didn't get another win in their last 4 matches. It also wouldn't surprise me if they limped over the line and still clinched promotion.

As you imply, they are still a very good team and those wayward shots (not THAT wayward) will percentage wise start going in. They have enough games to turn it around. However, another thing that's been mentioned is that home advantage may turn out to be a disadvantage if one doesn't go in, and sharpish. Here's hoping!

Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 11:30 - Apr 16 with 1275 viewsSteve_M

Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 10:40 - Apr 16 by Dyland

As you imply, they are still a very good team and those wayward shots (not THAT wayward) will percentage wise start going in. They have enough games to turn it around. However, another thing that's been mentioned is that home advantage may turn out to be a disadvantage if one doesn't go in, and sharpish. Here's hoping!

A West Brom team setting out to spoil and defend seem ideal next opponents.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 1181 viewsJ2BLUE

First of all, who cares?

Secondly, we know better than any other club how it feels to be told by a third party that you're wrong, ungrateful and unsupportive. Hopefully this just creates more hostility.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 1179 viewspointofblue

A new manager looking for solutions posted on 12th April? Maresca's been in charge since the summer. In Watford terms he should be drawing his pension about now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Innit on 12:40 - Apr 16 with 1019 viewsDyland

Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 11:30 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

How refreshing to have all these twists and turns that are important to Towen two seasons in a row. Whatever happens it's been a hell of a larf supporting us last coupla years.

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 13:12 - Apr 16 with 937 viewsElderGrizzly

Guillem Balague continues his blinded defence of Maresca at Leicester on 11:52 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

First of all, who cares?

Secondly, we know better than any other club how it feels to be told by a third party that you're wrong, ungrateful and unsupportive. Hopefully this just creates more hostility.

I cared and thought a few others might do given they are rivals for promotion ;)

It's also interesting to see a national/international journalist defending them so vigorously based on what appears nothing more than friendship with a manager.

Imagine how spoilt you must be, if you are losing your sh*t as a fan when you are 1 point off top with a game in hand.
Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 18:04 - Apr 16 with 593 viewsReusersTown

Agree with all that except they are bound to win again imo on 11:30 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

They seem to never show up when we need them to though it feels like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024