Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reform deputy leader Ben Habib 17:19 - Apr 24 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can't see a thread on this - apologies if I missed it - or is it just not really of any note?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reform-uk-asylum-rwanda-channel-b

"Reform UK deputy leader says Britain should ‘absolutely’ let migrants drown in the Channel ... asylum seekers attempting to reach Britain in small boats should ‘suffer the consequences’ of trying to reach the UK in small boats"

What sort of a country are we that someone curries favour with such rhetoric?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:21 - Apr 24 with 787 viewsKeno

How about we put him in a very small boat somewhere and see what happens?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 779 viewsZx1988

Similarly, what is it with certain politicians who have benefited from their families having been able to migrate to the UK wanting to, now, pull up the ladder lest anyone else get access to the same quality of life that they've enjoyed over the years.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 753 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:21 - Apr 24 by Keno

How about we put him in a very small boat somewhere and see what happens?

The best part of this is that inevitably he would be rescued and shown real grace and compassion.

Unfortunately, it may well have no effect on his beliefs and rhetoric.

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:31 - Apr 24 with 725 viewsJ2BLUE

"Let’s not infantilise these people, they have free will,” Mr Habib said

One day after a 7 year old girl drowned. I doubt it was her free will which led to her being on that boat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:36 - Apr 24 with 698 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 17:31 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

"Let’s not infantilise these people, they have free will,” Mr Habib said

One day after a 7 year old girl drowned. I doubt it was her free will which led to her being on that boat.

Don't infantilise the infant girl.

The proper term is that she was an illegal.

Disgraceful rhetoric whatever you actually think about immigration more generally.

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 587 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not really of any note is it, unfortunately. It’s not news. He’s just vocalising something that we know they think based of the behaviour of anti-immigration politicians over many years. Drownings are inevitable given our policies in this area. A significant number of people in the UK support these types of views as well. Reform won 13% of the vote in the Wellingborough by-election and it’s predecessor the Brexit Party won 30% share of the votes in the last European elections, so their values aren’t exactly fringe ones either.
[Post edited 24 Apr 19:13]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 491 viewsGuthrum

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 19:01 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Not really of any note is it, unfortunately. It’s not news. He’s just vocalising something that we know they think based of the behaviour of anti-immigration politicians over many years. Drownings are inevitable given our policies in this area. A significant number of people in the UK support these types of views as well. Reform won 13% of the vote in the Wellingborough by-election and it’s predecessor the Brexit Party won 30% share of the votes in the last European elections, so their values aren’t exactly fringe ones either.
[Post edited 24 Apr 19:13]

Tho it's still pretty appalling that people value a relatively small amount of money over human lives.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 450 viewsMullet

A diverse, multicultural one in hock to Medieval systems unfortunately when it comes to allowing people like him being allowed to spout such stuff.

It just allows the weak to feel like they can focus on someone else's suffering, and take their minds off of their own shrivelled black hearts.

For me, what he's said is a hate crime and he should be investigated.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 20:26 - Apr 24 with 423 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reform deputy leader Ben Habib on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Mullet

A diverse, multicultural one in hock to Medieval systems unfortunately when it comes to allowing people like him being allowed to spout such stuff.

It just allows the weak to feel like they can focus on someone else's suffering, and take their minds off of their own shrivelled black hearts.

For me, what he's said is a hate crime and he should be investigated.

I don't think it fits the criteria of a hate crime but it should do. I think someone did an experiment using descriptions that 1930s Nazis used of Jews but replaced Jew with immigrants and found very large scale support for the comments on whichever media they shared them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024