Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the benefit of Hladky. 09:49 - Apr 28 with 1239 viewsFrimleyBlue

I've heard some mentions of deflections etc for the third goal but not seem them so can't comment if he should have caught it etc.

But the first. Many have put blame to him.

There is none.

Clip here

Morsy in the exact place he should be for hladky fit a pass made 1000 times.

Morsy has a very simple task of passing to Wolfenden first time with no danger. He doesn't. He hadn't even looked round to see where the Hull player was.

This specific goal is on morsy. It doesn't matter. This sint a boo morsy thing either. It's just a mistake. But I feel for hladky it's harsh to be assigned that first goal as a suicide pass when it clearly wasn't, it was that simple ball to morsy played every game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:54 - Apr 28 with 1179 viewsDublinBlue84

Morsy called for the ball as well.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 1168 viewsboroughblue

Agreed, and you could see how annoyed Morsy was with himself when the goal eventually went in. Bounce the ball into Woolfenden and there’s no danger from there.

Imo (and I’m in no way gonna tell Keiran how to coach the team, I’m not that stupid) but I really felt from a game management point of view that was a good time to go long from vaz and relieve some some pressure. Coming up to half time 1-0 up after a decent first half performance, and starting to come under some pressure. Seem to recall Leif had done really well to recover in the first place and get the ball back to vaz, just felt like some game management to get us to HT would have been good, but on the other hand I fully understand we’ve scored enough goals from building from the back and on another day Morsy bounces the ball in to woolfy like we both said and we’re ok and potentially building the ball forward.

3rd goal however is on vaz. Not necessarily saying he should catch it, but at least parry it further away from danger.

Either way it’s so without our hands, and have full confidence we’re gonna get the job done, always felt that hull was the most difficult of our remaining games. Just want it to be Tuesday already! COYB!!
For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 1169 viewsRozz

I thought it was the keeper's mistake initially, but Morsy needs to sweep it left. He feints to try and roll his man and it's the wrong option.

Both players have been superb for us this season, and we do know that in 99% of cases we get away and build an attack from there.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:59 - Apr 28 with 1125 views_clive_baker_

It’s the same ball Hladky has played a million times this season and an uncharacteristic mistake from Morsy really. He turns into trouble when there’s an easy ball on, and we’re punished which you tend to be against better sides.

The last goal was a howler though. Firstly it’s a cheap free kick to give away, we’re then outnumbered at the far post, and a fairly tame header towards goal is parried back into the middle of the goal by Hladky. He’s been excellent this season on the whole, certainly shouldn’t be on the end of a barrage of stick, but that’s where you want your keeper to relieve pressure.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:00 - Apr 28 with 1109 viewshomer_123

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:56 - Apr 28 by Rozz

I thought it was the keeper's mistake initially, but Morsy needs to sweep it left. He feints to try and roll his man and it's the wrong option.

Both players have been superb for us this season, and we do know that in 99% of cases we get away and build an attack from there.

It's not really a mistake from either.

It's how we play. Morsy got tackled....it happens.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:09 - Apr 28 with 1064 viewsChurchman

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:54 - Apr 28 by DublinBlue84

Morsy called for the ball as well.

It doesn’t matter if Morsy called for the ball. If Hladky is playing as a quasi sweeper, it’s his decision to make. He sees what’s in front of him. I think he got it wrong.

Funnily enough, the third goal looked to be ‘one of those’ in real time to me. It came at him at quite a rate, but of course he could have done better, but there it is. It’s all opinions when it comes down to it.

Regardless, to go into the last week of the season needing a win and a draw is unreal. 90 points - unreal. What an achievement by each and every one of them.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:11 - Apr 28 with 1051 viewsstrikalite

Hmmm yeah seeing it again it's not as bad as i thought it was from VH, cross ball pass to Wolf was the ball, trying to turn in that position was the wrong option, though had he have done that and not got caught it wouldn't have been :)....fine margins jeez
For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 1021 viewsfarkenhell

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:59 - Apr 28 by _clive_baker_

It’s the same ball Hladky has played a million times this season and an uncharacteristic mistake from Morsy really. He turns into trouble when there’s an easy ball on, and we’re punished which you tend to be against better sides.

The last goal was a howler though. Firstly it’s a cheap free kick to give away, we’re then outnumbered at the far post, and a fairly tame header towards goal is parried back into the middle of the goal by Hladky. He’s been excellent this season on the whole, certainly shouldn’t be on the end of a barrage of stick, but that’s where you want your keeper to relieve pressure.

This sums up both goals perfectly for me.

That game's gone now. One win and one draw to get to cap a fantastic season. It's still in our hands and I'd much rather be in our position than Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 1021 viewsblueasfook

Morsy just got caught on the ball. He was in space when he received the pass but was closed down very quickly. You could perhaps argue that Hladky had better options to pass to wide but I think it was just good pressing from Hull. I just wish we'd do a good old fashioned hoof sometimes in these situations.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:42 - Apr 28 with 897 viewsbazza

At the time, definitely not after the match, this was during the match..I was still swearing about that, when hutch scored ..
For the benefit of Hladky. on 11:38 - Apr 28 with 791 viewsBasuco

For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:19 - Apr 28 by blueasfook

Morsy just got caught on the ball. He was in space when he received the pass but was closed down very quickly. You could perhaps argue that Hladky had better options to pass to wide but I think it was just good pressing from Hull. I just wish we'd do a good old fashioned hoof sometimes in these situations.

Think about our Southampton winner, hoof from their keeper with one minute to go, Hladky to Clarke to Morsy to Lief to Sarmiento goal. Being brave on the ball is what has got us in the position that we are the only team that can catch Leicester for the Championship.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 11:40 - Apr 28 with 774 viewsjasondozzell

For the benefit of Hladky. on 10:00 - Apr 28 by homer_123

It's not really a mistake from either.

It's how we play. Morsy got tackled....it happens.

Agree. Hladky and Morsy have been exceptional. They're both doing what has got us into this position.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 749 viewsbazza

For the benefit of Hladky. on 11:40 - Apr 28 by jasondozzell

Agree. Hladky and Morsy have been exceptional. They're both doing what has got us into this position.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Never say die, high risk high reward, high blood pressure for the fans type of strategy.
For the benefit of Hladky. on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 709 viewsHerbivore

For the benefit of Hladky. on 09:59 - Apr 28 by _clive_baker_

Agree with this assessment, we use that pass so often and Morsy usually either turns away and gets us up the pitch or plays it square to Woolf. He took a bad touch last night and got robbed, it happens and it's very frustrating it happened in such an important game, but it's one of those that's going to happen from time to time. The third goal was really poor from Vaz. His ability on the ball has been important to our success this season but he's made some basic goalkeeping errors in big moments and that was another one of them, sadly. Not going to crucify the guy but those goal costing errors have racked up a bit second half of the season. We were seeing the game out really well and looking capable of putting it to bed which makes it all the more frustrating.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For the benefit of Hladky. on 13:32 - Apr 28 with 552 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He’s been doing it all season. Burns GOTS is just one example. Just happened to get it wrong last night, but we bounced straight back.

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024