Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each 09:52 - May 8 with 3991 viewsitfcjoe

Club have option
Walton - Take the option and then look to sell him in summer, a shame how it has worked out but he just isn't really required here

Burgess - Take the option, look to extend it too

Tuanzebe - Take the option, see how he holds up in PL and then potentially look to extend

Camara - Release, pretend we never signed him and move on

El Mizouni - Take the option and try to sell in the summer, or potentially look to extend it and get him a Championship loan, still feels a player with room to grow

No options
Vaclav Hladky - Agree new long term deal, but realistically he'll be the back up/cup GK

Nick Hayes - Release

Janoi Donacien - Release

Dom Ball - Release

Sone Aluko - Has retired, hopefully find a role in McKenna's staff

Kayden Jackson - Really struggling with this one, I think we may offer him something. We will need 25 senior players in the squad next season, we know 2-3 of them will probably make 5 sub appearances at the top end. Can we recruit someone for that role, or do we just ride with KJ, knowing he won't cause a fuss, will be a dedicated trainer and if called upon can implement KM's instructions to the required level. I'd be tempted to keep him, but he might want to strike whilst iron is hot and go and play in the Championship for a last big contract off the back of the last 2 seasons.
[Post edited 8 May 9:55]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:00 - May 8 with 996 viewsjayessess

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:43 - May 8 by nodge_blue

Walton - we do need as we need a good back up keeper as every premier league club has.

agree with all the others.

Jackson - release. Look he could be there as a player who is happy to be in the squad but not make the match day squad. Im ok with that. Let me ask you a question - what level club would take him if he was released? lower championship or league one most likely?

He'd get a Championship club in a heartbeat surely? Even as our 3rd-choice winger and 4th-choice striker he posted better attacking numbers than half the forwards in the division.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:02 - May 8 with 983 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Reading the comments but generally, in what world and which club does KJ go and get a big pay day?

I think too many people overhype our players and look at them through starry eyes.

KJ has been reliable when called upon and I've always respected his efforts on the pitch. But he's not starting 11 quality for a Championship side. Perhaps a newly promoted Championship side at best will have a look at him in the summer and see him as a good addition to press and offer something pace wise top end of the pitch if they're not a possession based side, but apart from that, I think he will be in a top 10 L1 side next season.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:11 - May 8 with 931 viewsitfcjoe

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:02 - May 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Reading the comments but generally, in what world and which club does KJ go and get a big pay day?

I think too many people overhype our players and look at them through starry eyes.

KJ has been reliable when called upon and I've always respected his efforts on the pitch. But he's not starting 11 quality for a Championship side. Perhaps a newly promoted Championship side at best will have a look at him in the summer and see him as a good addition to press and offer something pace wise top end of the pitch if they're not a possession based side, but apart from that, I think he will be in a top 10 L1 side next season.

A 3 year contract at a club like Preston, Cardiff, QPR, Millwall etc would be the biggest contract he's signed in his life - I don't think anyone is envisaging Leeds giving him £30k a week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:12 - May 8 with 916 viewsjayessess

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:02 - May 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Most Championship clubs use data to shape their recruitment and Jackson's per 90 data is really good.

Relative to the rest of the attacking midfielders/wingers in the division:
Top 10% for assists
Top 6% for chances created
Top 4% for completed crosses
Top 4% for not getting dispossessed
Top 4% for interceptions
Top 3% for winning possession in the final 3rd

Some clubs would say pass on the basis of the eye test, game state when he tends to come on, him being a role player at Ipswich and it not working so well elsewhere, but he'll tick a lot of boxes for someone.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:19 - May 8 with 875 viewsOldFart71

I do think being in the Premier League we cannot afford too many passengers. With fair play rules ( A misnomer in my opinion) it is imperative that as a squad we have as few as possible that aren't considered regulars. By that I mean players that can't even make the subs bench on a regular basis. So much is up in the air at the moment as with Hutchinson and Sarmiento, both will depend on what their clubs want to do with them and if they are for sale and how much the clubs want for them. Over the past two seasons we have always made provision for a few players to come in when the January window comes around. Regular current first teamers I suggest will be given the chance to prove themselves in the Prem and a few reinforcements will be brought in. These won't be brought in to make up the numbers, but to challenge for a regular place. Therefore some of the current regulars may end up as subs/backup.
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:35 - May 8 with 801 viewsSwailsey

I’d keep Jackson as a squad player - his pace is always a threat.

I would love to keep Janoi, but more for sentiment really. Love the guy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:42 - May 8 with 764 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:11 - May 8 by itfcjoe

A 3 year contract at a club like Preston, Cardiff, QPR, Millwall etc would be the biggest contract he's signed in his life - I don't think anyone is envisaging Leeds giving him £30k a week

Do any of those 4 clubs mentioned there really offer him a 3 year contract though? I think his best chance at a 3 year contract will be in League 1 - a similar situation to when Ladapo joined us. I think Rotherham will go in hard for him, seems like a Steve Evans type player.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:52 - May 8 with 736 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:12 - May 8 by jayessess

Most Championship clubs use data to shape their recruitment and Jackson's per 90 data is really good.

Relative to the rest of the attacking midfielders/wingers in the division:
Top 10% for assists
Top 6% for chances created
Top 4% for completed crosses
Top 4% for not getting dispossessed
Top 4% for interceptions
Top 3% for winning possession in the final 3rd

Some clubs would say pass on the basis of the eye test, game state when he tends to come on, him being a role player at Ipswich and it not working so well elsewhere, but he'll tick a lot of boxes for someone.

Lots for and against when it comes to data though. A lot of data on midfielders these days are probably based on running stats, distance covered, sprints, tackles, % of passes completed.

I always think a good midfielder is someone who makes the ball do the running and talking. Toni Kroos for example wouldn't sit high on a data sheet but he's the best midfielder in the world at dictating and controlling a game.

Not quite on his level but in the Championship, Tom Cairney is another who I doubt is high up on the physical data, but whenever I've seen him, he's the best footballer on the pitch. Controls the game with intelligence on the ball.

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:54 - May 8 with 719 viewsParisBlue

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 10:57 - May 8 by Radlett_blue

As with Richard Wright, wasn't this about maintaining the necessary number of "home grown" players?

Plus he was available, as he left Preston shortly after joining them due to being 'homesick.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 17:08 - May 10 with 438 viewstractorboy1978

Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 11:42 - May 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Do any of those 4 clubs mentioned there really offer him a 3 year contract though? I think his best chance at a 3 year contract will be in League 1 - a similar situation to when Ladapo joined us. I think Rotherham will go in hard for him, seems like a Steve Evans type player.

Crikey. That's like going from Michelle Keegan to Michelle McManus.
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 17:15 - May 10 with 423 viewsitfc48

Burgess deserves a nice big pay rise if he's not had one already. His rise has been remarkable and I actually think he's probably got the highest market value after Leif given he's a tall left-footed centre-back who's immense in the air, not slow and has a decent passing range. A rare commodity in today's game.
Contracts expiring this summer - and a little prediction for each on 19:07 - May 10 with 345 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Keep Walton. I wouldn’t be in a rush to get another keeper. The two we have are fine.

Release Jackson. Done a decent job for us but really should be nowhere near the squad moving forwards.

Apart from those two I would agree with you

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024