Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd 20:03 - May 14 with 8246 viewsSitfcB

Big as in a lot of followers.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:21 - May 15 with 885 viewspennblue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:16 - May 15 by StokieBlue

I think you need a dose of realism.

If he offered the Man United job he will take it.

SB

What and take Leif and Omari with him?

No chance he would do that to us, we would be completely screwed

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:29 - May 15 with 822 viewsStokieBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:21 - May 15 by pennblue

What and take Leif and Omari with him?

No chance he would do that to us, we would be completely screwed

This is really naïve though.

If he has a new job it's his responsibility to do the best in that job and that would involve getting the players he deems the best for that club.

Let's hope it's all paper talk and there is nothing in it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:52 - May 15 with 758 viewspennblue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:29 - May 15 by StokieBlue

This is really naïve though.

If he has a new job it's his responsibility to do the best in that job and that would involve getting the players he deems the best for that club.

Let's hope it's all paper talk and there is nothing in it.

SB

I think integrity has to come into play, and i dont mean lack of honesty but more about the situation he would leave us in. A newly promoted side with players completely bought into him, and the club needing him to establish us as a prem league team. We need Leif and Omari and another 4-5 at least to stand any chance.

A new manager walking in has zero chance of keeping us up imo so for all the achievement so far it would highly likely just unravel

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:54 - May 15 with 749 viewsStokieBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:52 - May 15 by pennblue

I think integrity has to come into play, and i dont mean lack of honesty but more about the situation he would leave us in. A newly promoted side with players completely bought into him, and the club needing him to establish us as a prem league team. We need Leif and Omari and another 4-5 at least to stand any chance.

A new manager walking in has zero chance of keeping us up imo so for all the achievement so far it would highly likely just unravel

I think you're living in a fantasy land.

I would go as far as to say it would show a lack of integrity from McKenna to not buy the players he felt were best fit for United because they played for Ipswich.

Once again, lets hope it doesn't come to this.

SB
[Post edited 15 May 8:55]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 09:37 - May 15 with 655 viewspennblue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:54 - May 15 by StokieBlue

I think you're living in a fantasy land.

I would go as far as to say it would show a lack of integrity from McKenna to not buy the players he felt were best fit for United because they played for Ipswich.

Once again, lets hope it doesn't come to this.

SB
[Post edited 15 May 8:55]

I think if was leaving under a cloud, the club had shafted him, the supporters had been crappy to him etc.. then I would agree, take all the best players.

But that's not really the case is it? He has the entire county (and far beyond) behind hm, he has a squad of players that would walk over coals for him, he has a CEO that loves him and no doubt an ownership group, which should be (I hope) basically saying to him: "right, what do you need?".

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 13:59 - May 15 with 560 viewsRadlett_blue

And rumours that Postecoglou is going to leave Spurs, so McKenna could be in line for that job, given his pedigree & connection.
We need to chill. Football has huge turnover of managers these days & given his record, McKenna is now going to be put in the frame for almost every PL job that becomes vacant. I doubt he will leave this summer, but he will leave at some stage & we just have to stop worrying about it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:29 - May 15 with 485 viewsJ2BLUE

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:52 - May 15 by pennblue

You could make that argument repeatedly though. If we stay up, he shouldn't abandon us for the difficult second season. If we go down, he shouldn't abandon us before getting us back up.

When he came in we were league one. Now we're Premier League, something which once felt so far away it could only be imagined as the end goal.

As much as I would hate to lose him (and don't think he's leaving) it's kind of mission accomplished really isn't it? If he left now he has improved our fortunes massively and should go with our blessing.

As for the players, they know the industry. Several key players only signed to play for Paul Cook. They didn't sulk when he left and they showed complete professionalism. If any of our players had the chance to go to United they would be on the first plane back from wherever they are on holiday. It's just a fact of where we are positioned in the football world.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:46 - May 15 with 440 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 13:59 - May 15 by Radlett_blue

And rumours that Postecoglou is going to leave Spurs, so McKenna could be in line for that job, given his pedigree & connection.
We need to chill. Football has huge turnover of managers these days & given his record, McKenna is now going to be put in the frame for almost every PL job that becomes vacant. I doubt he will leave this summer, but he will leave at some stage & we just have to stop worrying about it.

Tottenham could be a graveyard for McKenna. Not only is Postecoglou upset with that clubs culture. Antonio Conte had been pushed out beforehand.
Login to get fewer ads

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:48 - May 15 with 437 viewsKeno

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:46 - May 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Tottenham could be a graveyard for McKenna. Not only is Postecoglou upset with that clubs culture. Antonio Conte had been pushed out beforehand.

hes got more chance of winning something with us than Spurs

after all we have been champions more recently than them!!

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:51 - May 15 with 428 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:48 - May 15 by Keno

hes got more chance of winning something with us than Spurs

after all we have been champions more recently than them!!

Tottenham's culture is a reminiscent of Marcus Evans years with us between 2018-2021. The managers keep coming and failing. The player-power is an issue.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 16:26 - May 15 with 377 viewsitfcjoe

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:46 - May 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Conte was like Lambert here - where they just acted like they were doing the club a favour by being manager and didn't ever want to be there as felt it was below them.

Sounded like the Huddersfield manager was like it as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 16:32 - May 15 with 352 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 16:26 - May 15 by itfcjoe

Conte was like Lambert here - where they just acted like they were doing the club a favour by being manager and didn't ever want to be there as felt it was below them.

Sounded like the Huddersfield manager was like it as well

'where they just acted like they were doing the club a favour by being manager'

see certain mccarthy and his attitude towards the club and fanbase.

There is a significant thing re Conte. He's been a serial winner for a number clubs but not the first and last who failed at Tottenham. Again, the clubs culture.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 16:51 - May 15 with 313 viewsSwansea_Blue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 15:51 - May 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Tottenham's culture is a reminiscent of Marcus Evans years with us between 2018-2021. The managers keep coming and failing. The player-power is an issue.

I'd be happy enough if we failed our way to 5th next season. They've dropped off a bit lately, but considering they lost one of the most prolific strikers in Europe last summer they haven't done badly this year.

Oh, and they've also got themselves a brand spanking new flashy stadium, so not really like the decline we had under Evans at all.
[Post edited 15 May 16:52]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024