Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pies 08:14 - May 23 with 1907 viewsChurchman

I went for lunch at a place called the Windmill in Sevenoaks the other day. The pie was full of perfectly cooked beef. It was a proper pie with a base. Not one of those con tricks where a load of gravy, chaff and beef are cooked in a dish with a ginormous crust perched on the top.

Now the best pie I ever had was at the Devonshire Arms near Chesterfield. The pinnacle of pies. Steak, steak and ale, steak and mushroom. I’m a broad (too broad!!) church on the pie front.

What is your pie experience and favourite?
Pies on 17:17 - May 23 with 319 viewsjontysnut

I judge pies on modestly priced bakery/butchers/market products rather than elaborate pub or restaurant creations - enjoyable as they are. A warm butter pie from Todmorden market washed down with a pint of cask ale from the market bar with change from £6 is pound for pound up there with whatever Bordeaux or Lyon has to offer.
Pies on 17:17 - May 23 with 318 viewsHelp

Many years ago in Suffolk I had a game pie for the first time. A cold slice of pie from a butchers. Cannot find anything like it anywhere nowadays. Best darn pie I have ever eaten.
Pies on 17:29 - May 23 with 282 viewsDaninthecampo

I love pies and have had many great ones but honestly the best ones I've eaten are by my wife( private chef)
Her best being a game pie, between 2 and 5 different meats, juniper berries, prunes,shallots ,port and red wine etc which produces the richest darkest pie gravy known to man all enclosed in perfect puff pastry!

A big mention though to the Wembley pie, this was within a year of the new Wembley being built, I went to a concert/ footie game and had their Wembley pie, a chicken curried pie,extremely good, as soon as I finished it I got another one, been back many times since and although they still offer the same pie its nowhere near as good now.
Pies on 17:43 - May 23 with 262 viewsdurhamj

A still warm handmade pork pie from Carters butchers in Bamburgh, sat on the nearby beach in the sun, with a sausage roll as afters. Bliss.
Pies on 17:45 - May 23 with 252 viewsChurchman

Pies on 17:43 - May 23 by durhamj

A still warm handmade pork pie from Carters butchers in Bamburgh, sat on the nearby beach in the sun, with a sausage roll as afters. Bliss.

The butchers near me does an epic pork and stilton Pork Pie. What a combo. A thing of beauty.
Pies on 17:48 - May 23 with 243 viewsMK1

Prefer a pasty. Best I had was obviously in Cornwall. There is a chain of shops down there called Janes (I think). Absolutely fantastic.
Pies on 17:55 - May 23 with 231 viewsChurchman

Pies on 17:48 - May 23 by MK1

Prefer a pasty. Best I had was obviously in Cornwall. There is a chain of shops down there called Janes (I think). Absolutely fantastic.

Behave. Pasties are NOT pies and are for a thread another day! Consider yourself reprimanded.

I do love a good Cornish pastie though 😃
Pies on 17:57 - May 23 with 223 viewsMK1

Pies on 17:55 - May 23 by Churchman

Behave. Pasties are NOT pies and are for a thread another day! Consider yourself reprimanded.

I do love a good Cornish pastie though 😃

I shall give myself a darn good beating when I get a quiet moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Pies on 20:28 - May 23 with 184 viewsLord_Lucan

Pies on 11:02 - May 23 by JakeITFC

Any thoughts on the best pie in Ipswich/Suffolk? Am at a loose end this evening so may go looking (fwiw my answer is Lark in Bury St Edmunds, but not really a roll up and get seat type place!).

Jakey Boy.

This place is incredible.

He runs out every day.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186342-d4761105-Reviews-Flaming

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024