Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If he did go.. 14:47 - May 24 with 1553 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Let’s say it’s Chelsea or United. Things go badly for him. We’re also struggling around January time. Would you be happy to have him back? Or would that door be closed in the way he’d have departed originally?

All hypothetical of course

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

If he did go.. on 14:49 - May 24 with 1508 viewstextbackup

Only if it’s MUFC.
Only an idiot takes the Chelsea job

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If he did go.. on 14:59 - May 24 with 1425 viewsBent_double

If he did go.. on 14:49 - May 24 by textbackup

Only if it’s MUFC.
Only an idiot takes the Chelsea job

or someone who wants to get very rich, very quickly, by sitting on their backside, having nothing to do with football for the remainder of their contract, because they've been sacked by that basket-case of a football club.

Not a very attractive prospect for someone just starting out in football management.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

If he did go.. on 15:27 - May 24 with 1337 viewsBasuco

If he did go.. on 14:59 - May 24 by Bent_double

or someone who wants to get very rich, very quickly, by sitting on their backside, having nothing to do with football for the remainder of their contract, because they've been sacked by that basket-case of a football club.

Not a very attractive prospect for someone just starting out in football management.

I don't know, one years work, two or three years sitting on the beach getting paid a small fortune is not that bad.
If he did go.. on 15:44 - May 24 with 1279 viewsVegtablue

I'd be very happy to have him back. Without wishing to paint him in a bad light, I never saw him as close to converting to true blue. I see him as an excellent guy and brilliant manager, both of which are more important to me.
If he did go.. on 16:03 - May 24 with 1219 viewsBent_double

If he did go.. on 15:27 - May 24 by Basuco

I don't know, one years work, two or three years sitting on the beach getting paid a small fortune is not that bad.

Sure, for most people of course it is. But a relatively inexperienced coach, not being able to work until he finds another club to match his salary, seems like a backwards step to me.

What's Potter been upto since Chelsea sacked him? Must be very frustrating not being able to do a jon you're good at.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

If he did go.. on 16:06 - May 24 with 1175 viewspositivity

quite probably, he'd have a lot to prove.

highly unlikely the timing's would ever work out though!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

If he did go.. on 16:08 - May 24 with 1149 viewspointofblue

I remember Luton doing that with Nathan Jones after he left them for Stoke. He then promptly left them again for Southampton.

Personally if he goes, I'd prefer him not to return. Otherwise he'll only look to move on again at a later date.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If he did go.. on 16:13 - May 24 with 1090 viewsStewart27

Let’s be honest. If he left us and things went tits up for him and is in the 6 months after we’d be crying for him back.

Obviously I hope this doesn’t happen and hopefully we’ll be saying Kieran who? in six months time.

No manager will ever be bigger than the club.
Login to get fewer ads

If he did go.. on 16:15 - May 24 with 1077 viewsStu_boy

I wouldn't in those circumstances, if he struggles at a club like utd or chelsea who would have significantly bigger resource than us at this moment in time and we are struggling, why go for a relatively unproven manager at premier league level

If we struggle and have a change of manager in the new year, i'd rather go for tried and tested and do everything we could to stay up in the short term then re evaluate in the summer
If he did go.. on 16:30 - May 24 with 987 viewsMJallday

Hypothetically speaking if that was the scenario- we would have another manager , so there wouldn’t be a vacancy to fill

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If he did go.. on 16:35 - May 24 with 958 viewsMK1

Would the changing room welcome him back?
I would hope the senior players would be consulted.
If he did go.. on 17:20 - May 24 with 858 viewsMK1

If he did go.. on 16:30 - May 24 by MJallday

Hypothetically speaking if that was the scenario- we would have another manager , so there wouldn’t be a vacancy to fill

Think the suggestion that we are also "struggling" implies we would sack our manager and re hire Kieran.
If he did go.. on 17:22 - May 24 with 838 viewsMJallday

If he did go.. on 17:20 - May 24 by MK1

Think the suggestion that we are also "struggling" implies we would sack our manager and re hire Kieran.

That being the case it’s still be no

MA doesn’t look the sort to repeat mistakes

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If he did go.. on 18:15 - May 24 with 712 viewspositivity

If he did go.. on 17:22 - May 24 by MJallday

if signing a manager and getting 2 promotions with 194 points is a mistake, i'm looking forward to him getting it right!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

If he did go.. on 18:36 - May 24 with 623 viewsMK1

If he did go.. on 17:22 - May 24 by MJallday

Why would it be a repeat mistake?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024