Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can lightning strike twice 08:05 - May 25 with 4284 viewscressi

Chris Davies Spurs coach linked with Ipswich job forced to retire early aged 19 with injuries in 2004.
Can lightning strike twice on 08:08 - May 25 with 3513 viewswkj

Im all for it still striking once with McKenna remaining with town

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can lightning strike twice on 08:11 - May 25 with 3464 viewscressi

Can lightning strike twice on 08:08 - May 25 by wkj

Im all for it still striking once with McKenna remaining with town

His done a marvellous job but I do wonder if the club let alone the fans will fully trust McKenna fully again. Will his agent throw his hat in the ring at every premiership job that becomes available.
Can lightning strike twice on 08:14 - May 25 with 3421 viewsMK1

Only if he is an Ipswich fan, otherwise he will just go back to Spurs once he gets us in the Champions League. (joking)
Can lightning strike twice on 08:14 - May 25 with 3407 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 08:11 - May 25 by cressi

His done a marvellous job but I do wonder if the club let alone the fans will fully trust McKenna fully again. Will his agent throw his hat in the ring at every premiership job that becomes available.

We're in the premier league, and with that comes the stress of being in the spotlight. What's happening now is the same thing that will happen to our players (Leif for example).

McKenna has done nothing to lose the fan's trust whatsoever. There is a lot of people thinking 2+2 = 5 when McKenna has been very dedicated to Town from day one, and I am sure will continue to be dedicated to us until the day he moves on.

Can lightning strike twice on 08:15 - May 25 with 3413 viewsdavblue

Will take some almighty cajones to appoint a manager who’s never managed before in the premier league.

Wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit, if Ashton done it either.
[Post edited 25 May 8:15]
Can lightning strike twice on 08:22 - May 25 with 3288 viewscressi

Can lightning strike twice on 08:14 - May 25 by wkj

We're in the premier league, and with that comes the stress of being in the spotlight. What's happening now is the same thing that will happen to our players (Leif for example).

McKenna has done nothing to lose the fan's trust whatsoever. There is a lot of people thinking 2+2 = 5 when McKenna has been very dedicated to Town from day one, and I am sure will continue to be dedicated to us until the day he moves on.

To a point but as this forum shows it has split the fanbase in how they feel about McKenna and what's happened.
Nobody is right or wrong in how they feel everyone entitled to their view. I would like so normality by the end of next week so we the club can prepare for the transfer window and the new season with the objective to stay up or better.
Can lightning strike twice on 08:24 - May 25 with 3273 viewsBrightonBlue

If he was to depart (that’s still a big if), I wouldn’t be adverse to Chris Davies. Keeping McKenna is the priority though. The current scenario probably isn’t dissimilar to Robson being courted by his suitors over a number of seasons. He ended up staying each time for a good number of years as we well know. It just wasn’t played out with minute by minute updates in those days, without the frenzied social media scrutiny. TWTD!
Can lightning strike twice on 08:29 - May 25 with 3173 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 08:22 - May 25 by cressi

To a point but as this forum shows it has split the fanbase in how they feel about McKenna and what's happened.
Nobody is right or wrong in how they feel everyone entitled to their view. I would like so normality by the end of next week so we the club can prepare for the transfer window and the new season with the objective to stay up or better.

The simple truth is that we're not used to seeing agents being agents. Even though we're in the Premier League, we are going to be a stepping stone club for some time (if we stay up). It still happens to Brighton who have been in the EPL for 8 years now.

Login to get fewer ads

Can lightning strike twice on 08:31 - May 25 with 3141 viewsMK1

Can lightning strike twice on 08:24 - May 25 by BrightonBlue

If he was to depart (that’s still a big if), I wouldn’t be adverse to Chris Davies. Keeping McKenna is the priority though. The current scenario probably isn’t dissimilar to Robson being courted by his suitors over a number of seasons. He ended up staying each time for a good number of years as we well know. It just wasn’t played out with minute by minute updates in those days, without the frenzied social media scrutiny. TWTD!

You just want him for yourself you selfish bas***d.
Can lightning strike twice on 09:19 - May 25 with 2836 viewsGuthrum

The moment Chaplin pings a long cross-field ball to Davis in space and our attackers surge forward, the fans will trust him completely again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can lightning strike twice on 09:22 - May 25 with 2781 viewsBossy

The answer is obviously yes, he will be looking to get a new job in a bigger club as soon as possible.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Can lightning strike twice on 09:27 - May 25 with 2687 viewsCrawfordsboot

With respect you have no idea whether he has thrown his hat into any ring.

The press have reported/speculated that clubs a,b,c, and d are considering appointing McKenna. They are free to try.

He might leave he might not.

That’s all.
Can lightning strike twice on 09:38 - May 25 with 2597 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 09:27 - May 25 by Crawfordsboot

With respect you have no idea whether he has thrown his hat into any ring.

The press have reported/speculated that clubs a,b,c, and d are considering appointing McKenna. They are free to try.

He might leave he might not.

That’s all.

His agents likely have, but then that's their job.

Doesn't mean (from what Phil has hinted) that the man himself necessarily wants to leave.

Can lightning strike twice on 09:54 - May 25 with 2473 viewsZapers

Can lightning strike twice on 09:38 - May 25 by Guthrum

Doesn't mean (from what Phil has hinted) that the man himself necessarily wants to leave.

You are a poster that I have huge respect for Guthrum.

However I disagree and respectfully suggest that view to be a little naive.

McKenna is very ambitious, he’s clearly in the driving seat and would not allow an agent to put his name out there unless he was totally behind it.

Footballers are different, agents often have a big influence on where they go.

McKenna is way too smart to allow an agent to push an agenda without his total support.
Can lightning strike twice on 10:03 - May 25 with 2391 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 09:38 - May 25 by Guthrum

Succinctly put, that is more or less the rub of it. Quite often agents will go fishing and then let their clients know something is on the table.

Can lightning strike twice on 10:09 - May 25 with 2331 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 09:54 - May 25 by Zapers

McKenna is very ambitious, he’s clearly in the driving seat and would not allow an agent to put his name out there unless he was totally behind it.

McKenna is way too smart to allow an agent to push an agenda without his total support.

This thread yesterday is quite informative on the agents involved and their methods (specifically the contributions from WolfieAtThe Back):

Do people even realise the role of an agent? by Alberto_the_frog 24 May 14:23
To get the best deal for their client...

A flat out statement that McKenna is staying here next season no matter what would remove the biggest bargaining chip from the table.

It's not as if he's a Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard with so many millions from a playing career that doesn't even need to work.

Can lightning strike twice on 10:11 - May 25 with 2304 viewsbluesbrothers

Can lightning strike twice on 08:15 - May 25 by davblue

Will take some almighty cajones to appoint a manager who’s never managed before in the premier league.

Wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit, if Ashton done it either.
[Post edited 25 May 8:15]

Ironically that’s exactly what would be happening if McKenna does leave…
Can lightning strike twice on 10:16 - May 25 with 2241 viewsZapers

Can lightning strike twice on 10:09 - May 25 by Guthrum

This thread yesterday is quite informative on the agents involved and their methods (specifically the contributions from WolfieAtThe Back):

A flat out statement that McKenna is staying here next season no matter what would remove the biggest bargaining chip from the table.

It's not as if he's a Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard with so many millions from a playing career that doesn't even need to work.

I appreciate their role is to enhance his value.

My point remains, he is of course in the driving seat as far as his agents are concerned.

Personally I’m not sure all this publicity is doing him any favours, if he wants to remain at Ipswich.
Can lightning strike twice on 10:18 - May 25 with 2209 viewsMK1

Can lightning strike twice on 09:22 - May 25 by Bossy

The answer is obviously yes, he will be looking to get a new job in a bigger club as soon as possible.

That is cr@p and you know it.
Can lightning strike twice on 10:21 - May 25 with 2172 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 10:16 - May 25 by Zapers

My point remains, he is of course in the driving seat as far as his agents are concerned.

Personally I’m not sure all this publicity is doing him any favours, if he wants to remain at Ipswich.

If he stays then he will be revered hero all over again. Agents handle the talent, talent doesn't handle the agents - especially with CAA who have some of the most "accomplished" and cutthroat agents in the world.

Besides, even if he does go - what he brought to this club is immeasurable and anyone who is bitter about him leaving are deluded to hold a grudge given what he's done for us.

Can lightning strike twice on 10:26 - May 25 with 2102 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can lightning strike twice on 09:54 - May 25 by Zapers

100% agree with this.

His agents are not acting without his consent.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can lightning strike twice on 10:27 - May 25 with 2081 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can lightning strike twice on 10:09 - May 25 by Guthrum

Forgetting that agents want to make as much money as they possibly can.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can lightning strike twice on 10:28 - May 25 with 2063 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 10:16 - May 25 by Zapers

The point I took from the tread if the agency's rthlessness and strength, driving their agenda irrespective of rivals or clients. I think they are running things how they want to, not neccessarily to McKenna's desires.

Besides which, this has blown up out of just two or three original stories, but, once his name was out, it then gets tagged onto every article about the ManU, Chelsea or Brighton situations (of which there are very many), without actually adding any substance. It has a momentum of its own.

If McKenna stays at Ipswich, the narrative will be that he's failed to get any of these jobs. Ipswich Town are no longer the media golden child of early May. We are Prem cannon fodder, to be picked apart and relegated. Only a couple of seasons survival (or better) will see us accepted into "the club".

Can lightning strike twice on 10:30 - May 25 with 2054 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 10:28 - May 25 by Guthrum

The point I took from the tread if the agency's rthlessness and strength, driving their agenda irrespective of rivals or clients. I think they are running things how they want to, not neccessarily to McKenna's desires.

Besides which, this has blown up out of just two or three original stories, but, once his name was out, it then gets tagged onto every article about the ManU, Chelsea or Brighton situations (of which there are very many), without actually adding any substance. It has a momentum of its own.

If McKenna stays at Ipswich, the narrative will be that he's failed to get any of these jobs. Ipswich Town are no longer the media golden child of early May. We are Prem cannon fodder, to be picked apart and relegated. Only a couple of seasons survival (or better) will see us accepted into "the club".

Brighton have been there for 8 years and are still treated like fodder to some extent.

Can lightning strike twice on 10:32 - May 25 with 2028 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 10:27 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Forgetting that agents want to make as much money as they possibly can.

And will do anything to get it. Including hawking their client all over the place and in the press.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024