Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ladies 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1336 viewsMetal_Hacker

I don’t follow them intently but great start by them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

2
The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 1182 viewsSwansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

5
The Ladies on 18:52 - Sep 27 with 1151 viewsMetal_Hacker

The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead


It’s a good question Swanners

Perhaps if they were in the top flight maybe it’d be a little different maybe ?

I suppose a lot of it comes down to cost as well …and time obviously

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

0
The Ladies on 19:09 - Sep 27 with 1105 viewstrncbluearmy

The Ladies on 18:52 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

It’s a good question Swanners

Perhaps if they were in the top flight maybe it’d be a little different maybe ?

I suppose a lot of it comes down to cost as well …and time obviously


Need to play in Ipswich,reckon support would quadruple easily
5
The Ladies on 19:21 - Sep 27 with 1073 viewstrncbluearmy

The Ladies on 19:09 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

Need to play in Ipswich,reckon support would quadruple easily


They deserve to be supported, watching on YTube they play some cracking stuff light years ahead of the standard a couple of years ago
Pinging the ball in from 20 yards, how many blokes can honestly say they can do that?!
But they need to be in Ipswich
3
The Ladies on 19:22 - Sep 27 with 1066 viewsMark

The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead


I think attendances will remain limited while the team plays in Colchester. That was a two season agreement, following the move from Felixstowe (where a fan base built up over recent years). We need to play in Ipswich to get bigger attendances.

Also, they must stop scheduling men's and women's matches on the same day, as that is not fair on fans who want to watch both teams. On Sunday 8th November the men are home to Bournemouth and women home to Bristol City, both at 2pm.
[Post edited 27 Sep 19:26]
4
The Ladies on 19:59 - Sep 27 with 988 viewstrncbluearmy

There is a rumour that ITFC have bought the Ipswich Wonderers ground, no idea if correct, but it would the perfect answer, developing the ground for both Wonderers and Ipswich ladies.
Allowing both teams to concentrate resources on climbing their respective pyramids.
1
The Ladies on 20:20 - Sep 27 with 961 viewssuffolkpoker

The Ladies on 19:59 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

There is a rumour that ITFC have bought the Ipswich Wonderers ground, no idea if correct, but it would the perfect answer, developing the ground for both Wonderers and Ipswich ladies.
Allowing both teams to concentrate resources on climbing their respective pyramids.


I hope it doesn’t effect Ipswich wanderers as they have made a great start of the season and woukd be a real shame if shut down by us.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

0
The Ladies on 20:29 - Sep 27 with 939 viewstrncbluearmy

The Ladies on 20:20 - Sep 27 by suffolkpoker

I hope it doesn’t effect Ipswich wanderers as they have made a great start of the season and woukd be a real shame if shut down by us.


Imagine and hope it would be exactly the opposite,
allowing Wonderers to progress in a developed ground, without the cost of maintaining it paying a peppercorn rent as long as they wanted to.
1
Login to get fewer ads

The Ladies on 20:35 - Sep 27 with 920 viewssuffolkpoker

The Ladies on 20:29 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

Imagine and hope it would be exactly the opposite,
allowing Wonderers to progress in a developed ground, without the cost of maintaining it paying a peppercorn rent as long as they wanted to.


Ah ok I miss understood. ..

that would give them a massive leg up… especially if they get promoted.

Any links on us buying Humber doucy lane? I’ve never seen an article on it.

Thank you

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

0
The Ladies on 20:36 - Sep 27 with 919 viewstrncbluearmy

The Ladies on 20:35 - Sep 27 by suffolkpoker

Ah ok I miss understood. ..

that would give them a massive leg up… especially if they get promoted.

Any links on us buying Humber doucy lane? I’ve never seen an article on it.

Thank you


No just a rumour, could be complete rubbish!
1
The Ladies on 20:40 - Sep 27 with 906 viewssuffolkpoker

The Ladies on 20:36 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

No just a rumour, could be complete rubbish!


Ohhh ok. Kind of makes sense especially as the ladies is getting so much investment recently.
We know how much the Yanks love sports freehold .

Any guesses of the value of that site?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

0
The Ladies on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 887 viewsbournemouthblue

The Ladies on 20:36 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

No just a rumour, could be complete rubbish!


Geographically it makes sense, very close to training grounds

It would need to be a several thousand seater stadium for the women and reserves?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: How much for Omari

0
The Ladies on 20:57 - Sep 27 with 862 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Ladies on 19:09 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

Need to play in Ipswich,reckon support would quadruple easily


I assume that would help. If clubs can share grounds with rugby clubs who get smaller crowds, why can’t we do that? Maybe the fixtures don’t always work, but they certainly could have played at FPR this weekend and the club could have heavily marketed it. 3 weeks without men’s football would give them a boost you’d have thought.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
The Ladies on 20:59 - Sep 27 with 859 viewsParisBlue

The Ladies on 20:50 - Sep 27 by bournemouthblue

Geographically it makes sense, very close to training grounds

It would need to be a several thousand seater stadium for the women and reserves?


Man City women play in the Joie stadium which has a capacity of 7000. Something similar would be ideal, with the odd showpiece game being switched to Portman Road as needed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 20:59]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

0
The Ladies on 21:01 - Sep 27 with 845 viewsbrogansnose

The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead


Personally, after travelling to watch the mens team it doesn't leave a lot of time to do family and other life stuff and to do both games effectively writes off the weekend. It's not viable for me.
0
The Ladies on 21:06 - Sep 27 with 831 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Ladies on 20:40 - Sep 27 by suffolkpoker

Ohhh ok. Kind of makes sense especially as the ladies is getting so much investment recently.
We know how much the Yanks love sports freehold .

Any guesses of the value of that site?


That may well work, but for me making sense would mean using FPR. We wouldn’t move the men’s team out of there for any reason, so why can’t our other senior team play there? Maybe I’ve got all this wrong, but clubs still play on their own grounds in Mickey Mouse cups or friendlies in front of small crowds. Why is that any different for the women’s team?

If it’s down to the respective revenues over the course of the season that makes sense on one level, but aren’t we all the same club and it should be viewed as a whole? I can’t help but feel they’re getting the ah*tty end of the stick. There’s loads of promo around the women’s team, but it feels a bit like lip service.

(It was a long drive back lol).

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
The Ladies on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 737 viewsScuzzer

The Ladies on 19:59 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

There is a rumour that ITFC have bought the Ipswich Wonderers ground, no idea if correct, but it would the perfect answer, developing the ground for both Wonderers and Ipswich ladies.
Allowing both teams to concentrate resources on climbing their respective pyramids.


I wonder if this is true.
Perhaps it is if they don't want to go wandering.

Established 1968

1
The Ladies on 23:21 - Sep 27 with 671 viewsFreddies_Ears

The Ladies on 19:09 - Sep 27 by trncbluearmy

Need to play in Ipswich,reckon support would quadruple easily


There's no evidence of that. The number paying to watch ITFCW at Portman Road isn't much higher than those who pay anyway. (We use the Portman Road games to give away a lot of tickets)
0
The Ladies on 01:39 - Sep 28 with 563 viewsTownieRob

The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead


I think there are a few fair points in this thread. Playing in Ipswich would surely help, and most people only have so much time and money to spend watching football.

I keep an eye on the women’s results because they pop up on the same sites, I also used to see how Natasha Thomas was getting on as she's from Lowestoft, but if I’m honest, I don’t have any real connection to the team. I grew up supporting Ipswich Town men and I just don’t really understand the idea that because the women play under the same badge, I’d automatically start following them as well.

I’m not looking to start the whole argument about the standard but I just don’t particularly enjoy watching it. I wouldn’t put a women’s game on the TV either. I wish them well and prefer to see them win rather than lose, but following them properly just isn’t for me.
2
The Ladies on 02:09 - Sep 28 with 554 viewsfootball

The Ladies on 01:39 - Sep 28 by TownieRob

I think there are a few fair points in this thread. Playing in Ipswich would surely help, and most people only have so much time and money to spend watching football.

I keep an eye on the women’s results because they pop up on the same sites, I also used to see how Natasha Thomas was getting on as she's from Lowestoft, but if I’m honest, I don’t have any real connection to the team. I grew up supporting Ipswich Town men and I just don’t really understand the idea that because the women play under the same badge, I’d automatically start following them as well.

I’m not looking to start the whole argument about the standard but I just don’t particularly enjoy watching it. I wouldn’t put a women’s game on the TV either. I wish them well and prefer to see them win rather than lose, but following them properly just isn’t for me.


My sentiments also, Hope they do well, but I just don't find the women's game exciting. Part is the speed and quality but there is the atmosphere also. A lot of what I like about the mens team is the atmosphere in the ground and I dont get that with the women's. Each to their own, but I wouldnt put women's football on TV ether
But hope they do well this season
1
The Ladies on 06:20 - Sep 28 with 486 viewsBlue_Heath

The Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to open a can of worms (oh ok, maybe a small one), why don’t more fans who support the men’s team support the women’s team? I was thinking about this on the way back after dropping off Swanners Jumior #1 at his first term at uni on Friday. It makes no logical sense that they don’t get larger crowds.

I hear arguments about familiarity and tradition. But the men’s team is constantly reinvented as new players sign and old ones leave. We don’t support the men’s through out life so much as lots of different men’s teams. There’s always a new version, so why not a new version involving the girls?

I hear arguments about quality and physicality, which are obviously true at the top level. But we’d support the boys if they dropped down into non-league, no? It’s what you do. It’s our team.

So my little mind came up with the conclusion that we should support them more. They’re our team. If we’d support the men irrespective of level or quality, shouldn’t the same apply to the women?

Maybe I should have listened to the radio or an audiobook instead


A fair point but a few factors for me are Colchester stadium, I have never had a good experience trying to get out of that car park. Also many kick off times are when I normally have a family Sunday roast.

I obviously want them to do well and look at their results. But you are right maybe they should get more of my support.

Similarly, reserve or U21 games whatever they are now, how many people go to those (20,00 ST can go free I think?).

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026