Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third kit 11:47 - Oct 6 with 2295 viewsmatthewjones93

Does anyone know when the third kit is being released or are we not getting on this season?
0
Third kit on 13:00 - Oct 6 with 2147 viewsIllinoisblue

Also, when is the official team photo out? And the training ground video?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

0
Third kit on 13:09 - Oct 6 with 2111 viewshomer_123

Third kit on 13:00 - Oct 6 by Illinoisblue

Also, when is the official team photo out? And the training ground video?


Sod that lot, when the hell is that ruddy Lazio friendly?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

3
Third kit on 14:01 - Oct 6 with 1921 viewshsg78

When's Morsy back from suspension?
1
Third kit on 14:10 - Oct 6 with 1894 viewstonybied

Third kit on 14:01 - Oct 6 by hsg78

When's Morsy back from suspension?


...or Brandon Williams back from injury?
0
Third kit on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 1752 viewshoppy

Third kit on 14:10 - Oct 6 by tonybied

...or Brandon Williams back from injury?


And has Dean Bowditch signed his latest contract extension yet?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 with 1641 viewsITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

5
Third kit on 15:45 - Oct 6 with 1635 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Third kit on 15:07 - Oct 6 by hoppy

And has Dean Bowditch signed his latest contract extension yet?


When are Jordan Rhodes and Jack Marriot nail down a first team spot, thats what I want to know

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

0
Third kit on 16:23 - Oct 6 with 1540 viewsMattinLondon

Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 by ITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!


We don’t need a third kit but some people want it and will spend a lot of money if one was to come out.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Third kit on 16:32 - Oct 6 with 1508 viewsmatthewjones93

Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 by ITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!


We don’t need a third kit. I didn’t need the other two either, but here we are. 😂
0
Third kit on 16:56 - Oct 6 with 1455 viewsfootball

Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 by ITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!


Dont need but many, included, look forward to the new kits and pretty confident I'll br buying this one also
0
Third kit on 17:33 - Oct 6 with 1385 viewsMark

The worst thing about third kits is that it means we end up playing in colours nothing to do with Ipswich, rather than our proper blue and white. All clubs do it, but for me the game loses some identify (e.g. Sunderland playing in pink at Portman Road rather than red and white stripes).
1
Third kit on 17:58 - Oct 6 with 1339 viewsMattinLondon

Third kit on 17:33 - Oct 6 by Mark

The worst thing about third kits is that it means we end up playing in colours nothing to do with Ipswich, rather than our proper blue and white. All clubs do it, but for me the game loses some identify (e.g. Sunderland playing in pink at Portman Road rather than red and white stripes).


Really? I couldn’t care less what colour the opposition wears.
0
Third kit on 18:08 - Oct 6 with 1324 viewsblueoutlook

Third kit on 17:58 - Oct 6 by MattinLondon

Really? I couldn’t care less what colour the opposition wears.


I could . All traditions in football have been ruined over the years. It’s called identity. There was a time you knew who the team was by their kit. Turn a game on now and if the graphics weren’t in the corner you would spend 10 minutes working out who was playing.
4
Third kit on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 1297 viewshoppy

Third kit on 18:08 - Oct 6 by blueoutlook

I could . All traditions in football have been ruined over the years. It’s called identity. There was a time you knew who the team was by their kit. Turn a game on now and if the graphics weren’t in the corner you would spend 10 minutes working out who was playing.


The other thing that seems to be in vogue at the moment is all these 3rd kits clubs are bringing out have partial bits of their badge on it rather than their traditional proper badge… like we did with just the Suffolk punch…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

2
Third kit on 20:04 - Oct 6 with 1151 viewsMark

Third kit on 18:08 - Oct 6 by blueoutlook

I could . All traditions in football have been ruined over the years. It’s called identity. There was a time you knew who the team was by their kit. Turn a game on now and if the graphics weren’t in the corner you would spend 10 minutes working out who was playing.


I have posted this before, but here is the worst example of that I have seen

0
Third kit on 20:08 - Oct 6 with 1133 viewsMark

Third kit on 18:16 - Oct 6 by hoppy

The other thing that seems to be in vogue at the moment is all these 3rd kits clubs are bringing out have partial bits of their badge on it rather than their traditional proper badge… like we did with just the Suffolk punch…


I really dislike that too, and think all clubs should be required to wear their proper badges.

Another annoyance to add to my list is players with first names on shirts (therefore not matching the names commentators say).
0
Third kit on 20:34 - Oct 6 with 1072 viewsHighgateBlue

Third kit on 18:08 - Oct 6 by blueoutlook

I could . All traditions in football have been ruined over the years. It’s called identity. There was a time you knew who the team was by their kit. Turn a game on now and if the graphics weren’t in the corner you would spend 10 minutes working out who was playing.


And if the graphics weren't all over the rest of the screen, you wouldn't even know who the home team's official credit card partner is.
1
Third kit on 21:52 - Oct 6 with 947 viewsITFC_Essex

Third kit on 16:56 - Oct 6 by football

Dont need but many, included, look forward to the new kits and pretty confident I'll br buying this one also


That’s not really a flex though. It’s the same with people buying the rebranded FIFA game every year just for updated squads and kits, it’s absolute madness and waste.

With the media money being what it is now, shirt revenues are practically pointless, they could give ten thousand away on launch and still not have a worry financially. It’s just environmentally damaging, rampant, consumerism cashing in on people’s super fandom, some of which use credit to buy them, and many of which end up as Vinted fodder even weeks later when that consumer buzz has worn off and the need for the next buying fix is available.

What a society.

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

1
Third kit on 07:34 - Oct 7 with 700 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 by ITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!


Nail on the head.
0
Third kit on 09:18 - Oct 7 with 579 viewsBellevue_Blue

Third kit on 15:44 - Oct 6 by ITFC_Essex

I really don’t understand the desperation for 3 new (somewhat pricey) kits every 9 months. I’d like to think we’ve reached peak conditioned consumerism but I sadly doubt it.

We don’t need a third kit.

We also don’t need any new kits for at least two years!


The reality is that most of the time we do need a third kit, though.

25+ clubs wear blue as a primary colour in the top 4 leagues, and close to half of those are largely blue/ white pairings.

I do agree that for most clubs they are unnecessary and are now just another money spinner, however, Ipswich Town needs to have a third kit to play against those 10 or so clubs.
0
Third kit on 13:10 - Oct 7 with 413 viewsBeachBlue

Third kit on 15:45 - Oct 6 by BlueandTruesince82

When are Jordan Rhodes and Jack Marriot nail down a first team spot, thats what I want to know


When is Ulrich Le Pen coming back?

Poll: Who do you think will be this season's surprise success story?

0
Third kit on 15:24 - Oct 7 with 288 viewshoppy

Third kit on 09:18 - Oct 7 by Bellevue_Blue

The reality is that most of the time we do need a third kit, though.

25+ clubs wear blue as a primary colour in the top 4 leagues, and close to half of those are largely blue/ white pairings.

I do agree that for most clubs they are unnecessary and are now just another money spinner, however, Ipswich Town needs to have a third kit to play against those 10 or so clubs.


Not necessarily, if the change, or 'away' kit is of sufficient difference and contrast to our home kit, then a 3rd kit would only very rarely be needed.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026