Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vive le france 19:33 - May 7 with 5086 viewsunstableblue

Good on you

Look forward to our Tory back bencher oriented isolationism - woop woop

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Vive le france on 19:37 - May 7 with 3002 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good on them?

35% of those who voted chose the French version of the BNP. A party with a history of Holocaust denial and Antisemitism.

35%. And you say good on them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vive le france on 19:38 - May 7 with 3000 viewsDubtractor

Vive le france on 19:37 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Good on them?

35% of those who voted chose the French version of the BNP. A party with a history of Holocaust denial and Antisemitism.

Small crumbs of comfort and all that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Vive le france on 19:43 - May 7 with 2980 viewsWeWereZombies

Good on them?

That is just the projection, let's wait and see what the real result is and see if the turnout was 65.3% (which seems quite low for such a key vote).

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Vive le france on 19:46 - May 7 with 2965 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vive le france on 19:43 - May 7 by WeWereZombies

That is just the projection, let's wait and see what the real result is and see if the turnout was 65.3% (which seems quite low for such a key vote).

Regardless. In any civilised 21st century country a fascist should not have been anywhere near the second round.

No doubt the French authorities will drag a few woman off the beaches for wearing the Burkini this summer as sign they have taken notice of the vote.

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 20:02 - May 7 with 2921 viewsMJallday

Vive le france on 19:46 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Regardless. In any civilised 21st century country a fascist should not have been anywhere near the second round.

No doubt the French authorities will drag a few woman off the beaches for wearing the Burkini this summer as sign they have taken notice of the vote.

I see that Junkers is already beating himself off over the result and making not so sly digs at the uk at the same time

I would love macron to turn around and announce a referendum.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Vive le france on 07:54 - May 8 with 2801 viewsGlasgowBlue

Comedy tweet of the day.

Is Macron looking for somebody to mow his lawn? Wash his car? Make his coffee?

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 07:58 - May 8 with 2786 viewsNo9

Good on them?

We have tory councillors just voted in on less than 30% - it has not stopped the tory press from crowing very loudly
Vive le france on 08:01 - May 8 with 2773 viewsNo9

Vive le france on 19:46 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

But in some countries they can start a new political party & get illegal funds from overseas?
Login to get fewer ads

Vive le france on 08:05 - May 8 with 2761 viewsSteve_M

Good on them?

Still, Macron won by rejecting the message of the far right rather than by trying to absorb it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Vive le france on 08:06 - May 8 with 2754 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vive le france on 07:58 - May 8 by No9

We have tory councillors just voted in on less than 30% - it has not stopped the tory press from crowing very loudly

You really are a tedious bore.

That's two posts of mine you have completely ignored the subject matter and turned it into another rant about the Tories.

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 08:11 - May 8 with 2749 viewsNo9

Vive le france on 08:06 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

You really are a tedious bore.

That's two posts of mine you have completely ignored the subject matter and turned it into another rant about the Tories.

Reality hurts doesn't it?
Vive le france on 08:18 - May 8 with 2739 viewsvapour_trail

Vive le france on 08:05 - May 8 by Steve_M

Still, Macron won by rejecting the message of the far right rather than by trying to absorb it.

Bang on, Steve. Absolutely bang on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Vive le france on 08:24 - May 8 with 2722 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vive le france on 08:18 - May 8 by vapour_trail

Bang on, Steve. Absolutely bang on.

It depends on your definition of far right. I'm not aware of any far right policies that have been absorbed by any mainstream political party in the U.K.

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 08:31 - May 8 with 2711 viewsNo9

Vive le france on 08:24 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

It depends on your definition of far right. I'm not aware of any far right policies that have been absorbed by any mainstream political party in the U.K.

That statement show how far to the right of politics you are
Vive le france on 08:34 - May 8 with 2710 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vive le france on 08:31 - May 8 by No9

List the "far right" policies that have been absorbed by a mainstream British political party.

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 08:44 - May 8 with 2687 viewsNo9

Vive le france on 08:34 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

List the "far right" policies that have been absorbed by a mainstream British political party.

As you are a Conservative wel to the right & I am a progressive we would never agree on what are or are not far right policies & I have no intention of opening up an argument on what is a football forum.
Like it or not.
Vive le france on 08:48 - May 8 with 2676 viewsWD19

Vive le france on 08:31 - May 8 by No9

Or perhaps how left you are!?

Glasgow has a point. The mainstream (in my opinion) has become more populist. More right leaning, some would say more selfish and self absorbed over time.

But in terms of true 'far right' policies adopted by the mainstream. No.
Vive le france on 09:07 - May 8 with 2653 viewsNo9

Vive le france on 19:43 - May 7 by WeWereZombies

It is being reported that Macron won by a decisive margin

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/07/emmanuel-macron-wins-french-presid
Vive le france on 09:11 - May 8 with 2639 viewsm14_blue

Good on them?

You're right, the French can hardly be held up as the beacon of liberalism given the absurdly large vote for Le Pen. I heard one French commentator yesterday say that the world would be trembling had a similar result occurred in Germany.

Nonetheless, it's still a relief that Macron won, whilst it always looked likely recent history has shown nothing can be taken for granted.
Vive le france on 09:20 - May 8 with 2629 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vive le france on 09:11 - May 8 by m14_blue

You're right, the French can hardly be held up as the beacon of liberalism given the absurdly large vote for Le Pen. I heard one French commentator yesterday say that the world would be trembling had a similar result occurred in Germany.

Nonetheless, it's still a relief that Macron won, whilst it always looked likely recent history has shown nothing can be taken for granted.

It's being reported that there were 4 million spoiled ballot papers and that two thirds of those who voted for Macron wished they could have voted for another candidate.

Macron now has to get a government elected which is going to be very difficult.

This is only the beginning I'm afraid.

Iron Lion Zion

Vive le france on 09:59 - May 8 with 2597 viewsWeWereZombies

Vive le france on 09:07 - May 8 by No9

It is being reported that Macron won by a decisive margin

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/07/emmanuel-macron-wins-french-presid

And my reply to you would be the same as to Glassers.

Not seen the final numbers but it looks like just under 35% of a 65% turnout voted for Le Pen, i.e.around 23% of those entitled to vote decided to put a cross against the name of an only slightly reformed fascist. I think this is around eleven million citizens of France. Glasgow Blue does make a valid point that this is alarming. I doubt that he clicked on the link to an Al Jazeera article that I posted last week but it made me aware that the Front Nationale have their roots in the Vichy collabaration and also that they have recently changed policy with regard to French culpability for the rounding up of Jews into French concentration camps for onward transport to Auschwitz - nothing to do with France, it was the Vichy government wot done it, guv!

And apologies to Glassers - I seemed to have invoked Godwin's Law in defending you...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Vive le france on 10:01 - May 8 with 2591 viewsm14_blue

Vive le france on 09:59 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

Not seen the final numbers but it looks like just under 35% of a 65% turnout voted for Le Pen, i.e.around 23% of those entitled to vote decided to put a cross against the name of an only slightly reformed fascist. I think this is around eleven million citizens of France. Glasgow Blue does make a valid point that this is alarming. I doubt that he clicked on the link to an Al Jazeera article that I posted last week but it made me aware that the Front Nationale have their roots in the Vichy collabaration and also that they have recently changed policy with regard to French culpability for the rounding up of Jews into French concentration camps for onward transport to Auschwitz - nothing to do with France, it was the Vichy government wot done it, guv!

And apologies to Glassers - I seemed to have invoked Godwin's Law in defending you...

I think when we're talking about the alarming rise of far right nationalism in Europe it's quite reasonable to invoke Godwin's law....
Vive le france on 10:12 - May 8 with 2572 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good on them?

This equates to 2/9 of the electorate, so bad but not as bad !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Vive le france on 10:17 - May 8 with 2565 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Vive le france on 08:24 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

.....so just the rhetoric then ?

Vive le france on 10:23 - May 8 with 2548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Vive le france on 09:59 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

I saw a map showing the departments after the first round where Le Pen got a majority.....other than Paris it pretty much divided France in half with a line down the middle from north to south .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024